The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Word by Scott Wells :: 579: Ben Jackson - Catch Him! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Several magicians have wanted to or tried to create their own one-man show. Few have succeeded in our community and even fewer have had "legs" that allowed them to continue their shows on an ongoing basis. Of course one of the key ingredients is to live in a metropolitan area with high traffic from local patrons as well as tourists. So, for example, it would be harder to sustain a long-running show in Wichita Falls, Texas as it would be in New York City. Next…you must have talent, patience, fortitude, and...well, you need to listen to this week's episode to find the "secret sauce" that Ben Jackson uses to create a market for his truly unique brand of magic.

In this episode, Ben talks about entering and winning several magic competitions (including F.I.S.M.), performing on the NBC Today Show with David Copperfield, working and consulting for television and movie projects, plus other corporate work. But Ben also shares how he has developed his successful one-man magic show that has run for over five years in Houston.

You can listen wherever you get your podcasts, but for more information and content, please visit: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......-jackson
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
dmcknight
View Profile
New user
who finally has
64 Posts

Profile of dmcknight
I came here to search for information on Ben; we met him a few years ago at the HMNS History of Magic exhibit, and was thrilled at his show last weekend in Houston. It is still going strong, selling out multiple shows in minutes/hours, and he completely floored me with many of his routines.
I will have a listen to this episode, thanks!
DM
"Success" is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.