The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Anverdi's Mental Die (157 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
980 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Wow! Which Dollar store? Heh heh...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2020, the_man_who_knows wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
Mac_Stone has been told by Magic Mark that he should add a "d" to the end of his user name. However, for me, Mark's ally Doric came up with the wittiest comment in this thread when, during the black or white die debate on 20th September, he announced that "black dice matter".

Yes, making fun of a movement aimed to stop institutional racism is downright hilarious.

BLM is not exactly on surface what you think it is.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, chuds wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
This is outright, unrepentant theft. Period. On top of that, it's unbelievable that they choose to expose it all over social media. Stealing and exposing what they've stolen, and lying about it all along the way. I hope they are sued over this. It's disgusting.

It isn’t at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. I’m not saying it’s ethical but legally it’s correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged!

Marc Antoine came up with the 3 dice effect and the colour reader. He let Murphy's wholesale it, Murphy's then release their copy. It may not be illegal, but I don't like the ethics at all. Marc makes a thumper - Murphy's release a thumper.
Marc can only compete with his innovations, but Murphy's can copy and manufacture cheaper.

It is a shame money is more important than doing the right thing.

All things aside, Marc's product complete with Thumper and App is better. It is more expensive because he doesn't have the economies of scale Murphy's do.

No, Craig Filicetti developed this concept long before Antoine's product.
And this new product is absolutely unethical.I'm constantly ashamed of the community of magicians. They have no respect for each other and each other's creations. Only money.

I don’t think the magic community owes any thing different as far as the arena of ideas than any other area of commerce. If you can make it better faster more efficient cheaper than go for it. The market will bear. I’ve purchased thousands of dollars from Graig F. I’ve no loyalty to not purchase others products of the same genre. I’ve already paid my dues.

If other creators come up with an idea and product that isn’t on the market I’ll give it consideration at that time. Then if it becomes available for less somewhere else heck why not buy that too? I don’t need to buy another one again from the original creator.

And if I’m in the market and just can’t afford $1500 cause I’m an amateur then why do without vs paying less. The other guy wouldn’t have gotten my money anyway.

Just some thoughts to mix it up a bit.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
A single person suggests that other people's cell phones might be causing interference. It is a suggestion.. a guess.. the theory isn't based on ANY scientific data. Yet, because your bias apparently causes you to reject reason and critical thinking, immediately you assume the suggestion must be true. Smile

You need to add a "d" to the end of your username! Smile

Mark

He could also change his last name to out.
Leonil
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Leonil
Hi all,
I am still new to the Café, I read a lot but I rarely post. I recently purchased Magic Dice and then Magic Die. I only saw this thread only after my purchases and I did not realise there was a big discussion about the history of it all.
As I learned the craft on my own, I got into the habbit of remembering (or trying to remember) the original names, classic names and the creators of moves and routines.
Can I ask if I got this right?
- Craig Filicetti got the idea first for the stage, boxed oversized dice with electronics
- Tony Anverdi had an effect of uncovered dice with electronics with a thumper
- Marc Antoine created a set of three dice with a screen (then later with a thumper and app.)
- Murphys then repurposed Anverdi's ideas with Antoine's innovations by recreating a slightly more modern die and reader (then later with a thumper.)

I hope I got that right.

So my overall question is, is there a way to support the original creators? I have attempted to find the aforementioned routine from Craig Fillicetti and the original ideas behind Anverdi's method, but I also wanted to support Antoine becasue I think an app is a great idea, especially for a smart watch. But I honestly can only find the Mental Die and Mental Dice products I already purchased. I noticed a lot of the links provided in this thread don't work anymore, so I am deeply curious to get pointed in the right direction - please and thankyou.

I like to point out that I have been doing card magic for a long time, but I am new to stage effects and things like die and coins etc. I am also the kind of person that like to ensure that I am learning the craft as opposed to buying the next best trick. So 1) Getting an app for an effect will be awesome, but 2) I want to learn from the masters and Fillicetti is a name I know nothing about, and since I am learning about people like Banachek, Max Malini, Jeff Hobson and other names along the way, I find one thing in common, magicians always teach the original by mentioning the name of the move before teaching their own version or their own move or alteration.

Finally, I have to say, the Mental dice and die is great, but I'd rather learn from the greats, and I would love to find out what Anverdi actually made if people here are claiming that this is just a reproduction of someone elses effect.

Again, Please and thankyou
Leo
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
If the spectator lifts the die, will you be able to see that on the display or do they have to roll it?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2021, Leonil wrote:
Hi all,
I am still new to the Café, I read a lot but I rarely post. I recently purchased Magic Dice and then Magic Die. I only saw this thread only after my purchases and I did not realise there was a big discussion about the history of it all.
As I learned the craft on my own, I got into the habbit of remembering (or trying to remember) the original names, classic names and the creators of moves and routines.
Can I ask if I got this right?
- Craig Filicetti got the idea first for the stage, boxed oversized dice with electronics
- Tony Anverdi had an effect of uncovered dice with electronics with a thumper
- Marc Antoine created a set of three dice with a screen (then later with a thumper and app.)
- Murphys then repurposed Anverdi's ideas with Antoine's innovations by recreating a slightly more modern die and reader (then later with a thumper.)

I hope I got that right.

So my overall question is, is there a way to support the original creators? I have attempted to find the aforementioned routine from Craig Fillicetti and the original ideas behind Anverdi's method, but I also wanted to support Antoine becasue I think an app is a great idea, especially for a smart watch. But I honestly can only find the Mental Die and Mental Dice products I already purchased. I noticed a lot of the links provided in this thread don't work anymore, so I am deeply curious to get pointed in the right direction - please and thankyou.

I like to point out that I have been doing card magic for a long time, but I am new to stage effects and things like die and coins etc. I am also the kind of person that like to ensure that I am learning the craft as opposed to buying the next best trick. So 1) Getting an app for an effect will be awesome, but 2) I want to learn from the masters and Fillicetti is a name I know nothing about, and since I am learning about people like Banachek, Max Malini, Jeff Hobson and other names along the way, I find one thing in common, magicians always teach the original by mentioning the name of the move before teaching their own version or their own move or alteration.

Finally, I have to say, the Mental dice and die is great, but I'd rather learn from the greats, and I would love to find out what Anverdi actually made if people here are claiming that this is just a reproduction of someone elses effect.

Again, Please and thankyou
Leo

I'm not sure if all of your info is correct and I am not enough of an expert to attempt to correct it. With a lot of magic history it can often be controversial with a certain camp believing so and so was the creator and another believing it was someone else. This is especially true when you get into variations, improvements, etc. Much of our history (and not just magic but world history) is not black and white, there are many shades to it.

I wish you luck in your journey!

Craig Filicetti's company is ProMystic.com
https://promystic.com/products/real-die-standard

Marc Antoine's company is Dodymagic.com
https://dodymagic.com/

One of the foremost experts on Anverdi and his props is Chuck Caputo. You can find him on FaceBook. Also join the Anverdi group on FB if you haven;t already. Chuck posts on there fairly regularly with lots of information about Anverdi's props.

Thanks for caring about the history of effects.
David asecas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of David asecas
Good morning, I have read that with the Anverdi die you can also determine which hand it is in, since the six sense does not recognize it, could someone give me an idea of ​​how to do it. Thanks a lot
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2022, David asecas wrote:
Good morning, I have read that with the Anverdi die you can also determine which hand it is in, since the six sense does not recognize it, could someone give me an idea of ​​how to do it. Thanks a lot

Interesting. I to have it and am not sure how this can be done. Maybe a m&^%$t can pick up the die?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
980 Posts

Profile of espmagic
It might be as simple as doing a "Which Hand?" routine...
480V
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of 480V
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, espmagic wrote:

Yes, agree.

I've developed a few simple routines that can easily determine which hand the die is in. Key is to take your time with the participant, use a bit of patter, make it look like you are really concentrating, try to work where it is. Ask them to have both hands behind their back, bring one out to the front, pause, then bring the other out. Or have them bring both hands out, then ask them to rotate one hand pause and then the next? You can hopefully see where I'm going with this?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2022, 480V wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2022, espmagic wrote:

Yes, agree.

I've developed a few simple routines that can easily determine which hand the die is in. Key is to take your time with the participant, use a bit of patter, make it look like you are really concentrating, try to work where it is. Ask them to have both hands behind their back, bring one out to the front, pause, then bring the other out. Or have them bring both hands out, then ask them to rotate one hand pause and then the next? You can hopefully see where I'm going with this?

AH!! Yes, I do see where you are going and thank you for sharing!!!!
flunkie42
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of flunkie42
Does anyone know anywhere that has one of these in stock? Or even a used one for sale? I'd love to get one for my mentalism. Smile
damonwebster
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of damonwebster
Hi- can anyone point me in a direction for a matching white die for mental die? Now working on a bit where I end up giving away the die at the end. Is this close? https://amzn.to/3DYtVkY Just before I start ordering the wrong size. I know one post said it's 15.8 Thanks in advance.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
"Take the die behind your back, hold it in one of your hands and bring both hands in front of you."

They bring out their hands in front of them, and you ask them to turn one wrist over so you can take their pulse. Then you ask them to do the same with the other hand. You get your vibration in the process and go from there. ("Concentrate on which hand holds the die", etc.)
Seneca
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Seneca
Does anyone know where I can buy the single Anverdi Mental die?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2022, Seneca wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy the single Anverdi Mental die?

Vanishing Inc magic may have the Black one in stock.....I would ask them...
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Does anyone know if this product is coming back in stock?
I hope so, now they are also selling the non gimmicked dice. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYtQiQ3KZak&ab_channel=SaturnMagic)
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, otreboR wrote:
Does anyone know if this product is coming back in stock?
I hope so, now they are also selling the non gimmicked dice. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYtQiQ3KZak&ab_channel=SaturnMagic)

Forget this question.
I just saw this MurphysNEW post. (https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=746415&forum=218)
The hope to get more soon
Mystifier
View Profile
New user
Burton-on-Trent, UK
6 Posts

Profile of Mystifier
Apologies if this has been answered in the thread but it is quite long!

Could someone please explain how a thumper works with 3 Mental Dice. Does it beat all three in sequence? beat a single dice when it changes? Is it possible to determine colour?

Thanks