The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Anverdi's Mental Die (157 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
Have you asked Marc?

I emailed Marc Antoine to ask why I was being asked to pay twice as much for his Thumper vs. brand new buyers of his Mental Dice. Marc’s response was, basically, sorry... pay that price or don’t buy it. So, I didn’t buy it. A friend of mine reached out to Marc Antoine too, he got the same type of reply.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
97 Posts

Profile of Troyze
It's funny how people think the trailer has too much exposure...

here is the reality check..they technology has been around for a while.
You can buy the toy that tell yous the value of the dice on the market.
This magic trick is just another application to use it.

If you think your audience knows your trick because of the magic trailer then you are wrong and you live under a rock.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
I believe the originator of this effect, Marc Antoine developed and released a thumper which is available separately and works with both Mental Dice.
It also has a cool app so a photograph prediction on your phone changes with the dice.

Well worth checking out, not only supporting the creator but the guy who's innovations keep getting copied.

https://dodymagic.com/product/original-mental-dice-complete/

If anyone is interested in supporting Marc Antoine, I have my back up version of his Mental Dice for sale complete with thumper and set of 3 (yes 3!) dice. PM me if interested.
victors911
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of victors911
Hocus pocus writes it provides mystery gift, someone know what gift is?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of rowland
Interested to know which one people are ordering that already have the three dice. Do you order the black one to keep it separate femoral the white one that comes in the set or the white one so you could switch it in if you wanted to assuming of course it is exactly the same colour
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Harry Patter wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, chuds wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Illucifer wrote:
This is outright, unrepentant theft. Period. On top of that, it's unbelievable that they choose to expose it all over social media. Stealing and exposing what they've stolen, and lying about it all along the way. I hope they are sued over this. It's disgusting.

It isn’t at all, are you fully informed in business copyright laws btw. I’m not saying it’s ethical but legally it’s correct. Because you may or may not have spent a considerable amount on a product previously does not make it unjust that a manufacturer has made a similar product at nearly 80% less. And yes I have paid a premium for a similar product previously so feel slightly overcharged!

Marc Antoine came up with the 3 dice effect and the colour reader. He let Murphy's wholesale it, Murphy's then release their copy. It may not be illegal, but I don't like the ethics at all. Marc makes a thumper - Murphy's release a thumper.
Marc can only compete with his innovations, but Murphy's can copy and manufacture cheaper.

It is a shame money is more important than doing the right thing.

All things aside, Marc's product complete with Thumper and App is better. It is more expensive because he doesn't have the economies of scale Murphy's do.

No, Craig Filicetti developed this concept long before Antoine's product.
And this new product is absolutely unethical.I'm constantly ashamed of the community of magicians. They have no respect for each other and each other's creations. Only money.
It's all in the reflexes.
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Would love if anyone who got the product (or has the regular Mental dice) Could help out and say what he thinks about the product itself ^^

Not wanting to spend 1k$ on PM Dice, and really don't need 3 dices, this seems like the best solution for me at last.
1 chargeable dice, thumper, low price tag for such a routine.

Looking to get some opinions on the product itself. thanks!
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Do I have to strap the receiver to an arm or leg? Or can I just keep it in my pocket- or would I not feel the vibration through my pants material?
New to this sort of tech. If anyone knows, that would be appreciated.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, Fatgumbo wrote:
Do I have to strap the receiver to an arm or leg? Or can I just keep it in my pocket- or would I not feel the vibration through my pants material?

I think they’ve designed the thumper so that you could have that option if you want. Soft-medium-hard thumping settings are available, with the softest setting intended for when you are palming the thumper in your hand, or when you are in a really quiet environment.

Can’t confirm, but I’d imagine the hard setting would allow you to feel the thump in your front pocket.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
WORKS WITH MENTAL DICE SET!! Can you tell us more? with a dice I can understand, but 4? One at a time?
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, tomd wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, Fatgumbo wrote:

I think they’ve designed the thumper so that you could have that option if you want. Soft-medium-hard thumping settings are available, with the softest setting intended for when you are palming the thumper in your hand, or when you are in a really quiet environment.

Can’t confirm, but I’d imagine the hard setting would allow you to feel the thump in your front pocket.

Makes sense, thanks.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Quote:
No, Craig Filicetti developed this concept long before Antoine's product.
And this new product is absolutely unethical.I'm constantly ashamed of the community of magicians. They have no respect for each other and each other's creations. Only money.

Complete credit to Craig for the technology. I was referring to the use of three dice and a colour coded reader.

The app that comes with Marc's dice is the game changer for me.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1707 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, Troyze wrote:
It's funny how people think the trailer has too much exposure...

here is the reality check..they technology has been around for a while.
You can buy the toy that tell yous the value of the dice on the market.
This magic trick is just another application to use it.

If you think your audience knows your trick because of the magic trailer then you are wrong and you live under a rock.

Here is your reality check:
When Craig Filicetti started to sell RD (his webpage was secured by a password) years ago it was a hidden treasure.
Not much knew or talked about it, nobody could google it and owners used it for years without any disturbance.
It is and was used by absolute top pros in the business!

The kickstarter “toy” you are talking about originated from EStooge.
They first sold it to magicians and later decided that the mass market was more lucrative.
That is how your toy was “created” and what happens if secrets get treated badly.

With Murphy trailers like that, curious spectators don’t need to find “YT reveal videos” anymore.
Magic is a business of secrets! If you put it in a open available video it’s not a secret anymore - simple as that!
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Once I charged the die, how does one activates the die before a show? if I go to a close up show, how long should I expect the die to maintain battery?
is the thumper working on a replaceable battery or the unit itself is charged?

How long can I expect the thumper and the battery to survive per charge?
How easy is it to change thumping strength during performance?
Can the thumper be put on the pocket without the strap? is it easy to detach the unit from the strap ? (I think this was clear on the video but ill ask aswell just for the sake of clarity for others since it was asked here already)
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
1 the one spot is a secret on/off button
2 2 minutes
3 6 x AA batteries
4 question doesn't make sense
5 very difficult
6 no
7 no, you'd need a pair of pliers
amirb401
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of amirb401
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2020, Doric wrote:
1 the one spot is a secret on/off button
2 2 minutes
3 6 x AA batteries
4 question doesn't make sense
5 very difficult
6 no
7 no, you'd need a pair of pliers

Are you speaking from experience? do you have it?
not sure if you're being sarcastic or no, to be honest.
if the die can last 2 minutes on before being drained out, then its far from being worth 150$
very difficult, how does one change the vibration strength?
pliers? really? the video shows a slide onoff feature, its very quick and didn't emphasize it but it seemed QUITE SIMPLE to be frank.

so therefore, ill ask again as its unclear, do you own this? it came out 1 day ago, and your answers are very cryptic and seems not so real.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Probably best to discuss in Inner Thoughts.Too much exposure going on here for my liking.

My answers were deliberate, to mislead the curious.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
Have you asked Marc?

I emailed Marc Antoine to ask why I was being asked to pay twice as much for his Thumper vs. brand new buyers of his Mental Dice. Marc’s response was, basically, sorry... pay that price or don’t buy it. So, I didn’t buy it. A friend of mine reached out to Marc Antoine too, he got the same type of reply.

Mark

Says a lot about his Customer Service !
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
To defend Marc his English is not great so answers may not be worded correctly or how he meant them to come across.

All the information is there for his thumper if only people will read and look. We get so many questions on products when the answer is there in the video or ad copy. We see it all the time on the Café - How does this differ from ........ The person just needs to look and they will see how., but for some it’s easier to ask than bother to read and watch a video.

His thumper does way more than just thump which is why it is more expensive.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Murphy's claims "rights" to the Anverdi Line but they aren't producing HIS Mental Die. Anverdi was no doubt ahead of his time in terms of utilizing tech in magic but his original Mental Die is a glorified prop trick. It used a JUMBO DIE placed INSIDE A BOX - there's no denying that an intelligent audience would view it as a MAGIC TRICK. Murphy's can't even argue that the plot/premise is unique to Anverdi because the concept of secretly learning the number on a die predates him.

Craig at PM was, to the best of my knowledge, the first to push the idea into the "real world" by producing a piece of kit that:

1) Didn't require a box or any other extraneous props
2) Used a normal looking die that could be handled as such
3) Combined the idea with a th***** so that the performer obtained the information without ANY visible means of communication

Those are SIGNIFICANT innovations!!!

Craig had the good sense to price his product high so that it didn't saturate the market. He also respected magic enough not to parade an exposure video all over the internet.

Murphy's isn't selling "Anverdi's Mental Die" - they are selling Craig's product. They are also destroying secrets in the name of sales.

I am constantly saddened by how often the "magic community" cannibalizes the potential to preserve magic/mystery for our audiences - not to mention the theft and unethical behavior that runs so rampant.

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX