The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Leo Smetsers Micro Cups & Balls / 3 Shell (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Still in "Pre-Order" status but I got in early because I love his stuff and they look just like the new Stainless Steel Micro Mini Chop Cup.
http://hollandtricks.com/shop-2/micro-cups-and-shells/
Wondering what others think about it and who else is already waiting for their set? I ordered mine from Alakazam USA. Here is the Chop Cup I mentioned (it is fantastic with the chopped Monkey Fist set. Also got mine from Alakazam USA.
http://hollandtricks.com/shop-2/stainles......metsers/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
First pre-orders are in the mail. I should have mine Friday or Monday. Can’t wait to get these in my little paws.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Got mine today and they are breathtaking (if you are a big fan of Leo's stuff). Great video companion that you can download and an awesome "double-duty" set of props. A Micro version of cups and balls as well as a 3 shell game set that allows for loading the pea via "stacking" the cups (stacking load from the common cups and balls move) there is a lot of value for your money with this set. It is also a very beautiful micro version of his Stainless Steel Mini Chop Cup.

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I am a big fan also.
I have his 3 shell and chop cup (mini portable).

Though, the orange "pea" gets dirty real fast.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
SFS Perfect Peas will also work with his shells. I bought extra orange ones of his (Alakazam sells extras) because I do find them easier to grip.

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Now that I have had time to put in some work with these, I like them even more. Even if you have his regular shell and pea sets, the grip (on the pea) and how you hold these cups will have a small learning curve but not a massive project. The same can be said for using these as a cups and balls set. I stick to a very basic routine with these and do a more elaborate routine with my larger set. I took a Paul Fox type set I bought second hand and put a 2" "O-Ring" between the two rings and the set looks like a perfect match to the Mini Chop Cup &the Micro Cups and Balls (he even recently produced 1" orange balls (same material as his peas) as well as 6mm Final Loads of the same. Mine should arrive in today's mail. Check 3rd Photo down https://shadowpest.wordpress.com/magic-photos/ I plan on using the 4 1" orange balls wit 3 of the 60mm Finals (and "might"? use something totally random as a 4th final. Not sure though).

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
This is definitely on my wish list.

Are the orange balls easy to clean? Have you experience a lot of dirt pick-up?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have not had a problem yet but I have only used Leo’s peas with my close up mat which is always clean. In the past I have had some SFS peas get some dirt on them but was always able to clean them off. I just got the big set in today’s mail so the jury is still out but I would imagine they would stay clean.

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
"Regular size" balls for my Frankensteined "regular size" Cups and Balls matching set arrived (4th photo down)
https://shadowpest.wordpress.com/magic-photos/

Smile Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Check 3rd Photo down https://shadowpest.wordpress.com/magic-photos/

Great photos! I especially like your performance surface setup. Great use of a keyboard stand as you mentioned.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2020, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Check 3rd Photo down https://shadowpest.wordpress.com/magic-photos/

Great photos! I especially like your performance surface setup. Great use of a keyboard stand as you mentioned.

Thanks, took quite a few “prototypes” to get there, but I am finally happy with it. All in all (even with what I put into other ones I made in the past) I still spent less overall than many tables I see on the market.

Smile Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1857 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You spent a major amount less and have pride in your own creation.

It is interesting that the topic of micro cups and balls, etc. came up a bit ago. I was JUST messing around with my small chop cup and noticing the moves it can do with a pea. I was thinking of finding some green 1" or 3/4" balls and do a shrink before a final load.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1980 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Anywhere I can get extra load balls for this set?