The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (530 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I remember watching Roth do Coin in Bottle, and it was great but nothing like this. My how times have changed. And the lowly penny continues to live on in magic. Smile Lots of good penny tricks I remember, and here lies yet another one that’s pretty darn good. Another number “1,” you might say. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
No coins, no cards but fantastic:
https://youtu.be/9Wm3mXH6Eek?feature=shared
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice to see some other things sometimes in places where you don’t expect it. This was indeed amazing and very magical. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always like showcasing one of us here, and if you didn’t know, this guy is quite the coin man himself. He usually speaks of others but is just as well versed as anybody. Tack on that he is quite a respected magical thinker and creator and you better see the thread of good coin magic from around the world. Amazing guy…

dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Ohhh,thank you Marion.
Magic, especially coin magic and card magic, is my passion.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Y’know, I was playing around recently with my FlySki, a fun little 3 Fly, and as I was practicing the trick again, I looked hard at the old worn Morgans my grandpa left to me…Man, if he could see me now. Smile Anyway, I’m a grandpa myself now.

So, I was just wondering as time continues to move us all along, willingly or not. But what will you do with your magic collection, or in this space, what will you do with your coin collection? Are you leaving it to a son or grandchild? Will it be auctioned off? Might you leave it all to someone you mentored in the art. Or will you instruct someone to just keep it in the family, perhaps hidden away in an attic or old closet? We amass so much magic on our journeys and we can’t take it with us (Now, that would be one heckuva trick, right?). Smile Not trying to bring anyone down here, but just curious. Think about it and I’d like to hear your thoughts.

Anyway, David Roth’s birthday is coming up again soon this month, and I still remember speaking with him on his birthday, a good chat some years back. Always wondered about all his coin magic, his favorite coins or coin box, etc. His stuff should be in a museum on display. He deserves that as a true master. But perhaps his personal collection of coin magic might lie in someone else’s collection now. Oh well, think about it and let us know here. In the meantime, take a moment for something special as to all this…Enjoy! Smile

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4684 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
David's magic is in the hands of a few people. His manager Regina has some, I have some (and some was given to David's friends). David Copperfield bought a lot of David's items for his museum. Rest assured that his material has been preserved. Bill Kalush has his notebooks, and I hope that someday Bill will allow us to look at them.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Nev Blenk
View Profile
Regular user
Northumberland UK
128 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2024, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Bill Kalush has his notebooks, and I hope that someday Bill will allow us to look at them.

Do you know if there were some (if at all) unpublished routines? If there was I hope we do get to see them someday.
Coin & Box - book available directly from me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA8lRnEJbbzlw6Ai1R4M_Q
Instagram @nevblenk
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4684 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I do not know what is in the notebooks. Bill, Regina and myself cleaned out David's apartment, and Bill took the notebooks, and most of David's books for his Conjuring Arts Library. I do not know if Bill ever plans to release them to the public.
However, David used a secret item for his magic that he never talked about, and I have that (as well as video of him using it). I don't know if Meir Yedid (who owns the rights to put out David's stuff) will ever release it, although it is a product that he is considering (he has a list of several releases upcoming for David).
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, that’s good to know. That David Copperfield took some of Roth’s stuff for his magic museum in Las Vegas is a nice place for it to be, so that the art can gaze upon his working tools and the things that made him so great and always worth remembering. Hopefully his other things find the light of day too. I guess that’s about why I was thinking about things like this, like if people think about where their magic stuff will end up and with whom. Maybe it’s something you don’t think much about, sorta like getting old. But it’s something worth thinking about as it just might seed another generation of coin magicians. Hey, my grandson loves magic, might teach him a bit when he gets a bit older. That’s about how it happened to me. Smile

Nev Blenk
View Profile
Regular user
Northumberland UK
128 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Im so happy someone has uploaded this. Around about 1980-81 (I would have been 9 years old) this program 'Five Magic Minutes' used to be on the tv after school. This episode always stuck with me because of the first trick with the coin and watch, and I can honestly say it sparked a life long interest in coin magic. For a 9 year old who was still a good few years away from learning any kind of sleight of hand I was awestruck by that trick. There were no video recorders back then (for my family) so it was once only viewing.

https://youtu.be/1d4-3-04pM8?si=0rPL4Fv9llohvoZ1

Coin & Box - book available directly from me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA8lRnEJbbzlw6Ai1R4M_Q
Instagram @nevblenk
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2024, Mb217 wrote:
But what will you do with your magic collection, or in this space, what will you do with your coin collection?

I have already seen two videos on youtube in which talented coin magicians from poorer countries were very happy to receive sets of coins as gifts. One Magician gave away his entire collection with various gaffs for health reasons. A generous gesture. I was very impressed.

There was once a video with a boy from India who made a little routine. He then explained how he made the "chinese coins" himself from crown caps.
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
I stumbled stumbled across this little clip. No idea what he is doing, but it looks great to me.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, I posted about Jeremiah Zuo back in February, doing exactly this. He’s amazing, and like a lot of us came straight out of nowhere but really made a notable mark for himself. As I said, he’s another one that you don’t hear much about around here, but he’s a tremendous coin guy with a lot of good work out there. Smile

MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Yes, we actually had some matrix-type routines, but this one hits me different.

Those who have already seen it, might be interested to enjoy it again after a while.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always a treat watching this guy. Always good for some creative magic. And this interesting matrix does not disappoint, definitely one out of the ordinary. Very nice indeed! Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yet again, I bring you someone you might not have heard much about around these parts. But I have to agree here, this is totally “insane.” What say you?

You need a closer look?

Just when you thought there was no place else to go with this…WOW!!!

MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Well, now I'm surprised. I thought this was one of the best-known coin magic channels. The guy is incredibly creative and not only has very visual coin magic, but also some nice free tutorials. Also active on Gumroad, so a "colleague" of yours in a way. Unfortunately his site is not very accessible and he has a lot to offer.
Last year I bought one of his projects because I wanted to learn the "weird vanish". Luckily there were other sleights included, because this one only works for the camera.
Since then I've been a bit suspicious and I can't really judge how well which sleight works in front of an audience. Don't get me wrong, pretty sure a lot of his stuff will amaze people in real live, but not all of it.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It very well might be as you’re right, there’s a lot of really good magic on that Whiteverse site. But I meant as to much of any mention about him around here on the Cafe. I too have seen a lot of the works that make up that wonderful crew and their magic, and have mentioned some of it here in this string earlier on, but not this guy. His technique is extraordinary. I remember years back only a few could do the knuckle-busting stuff. I’m pretty sure there were others out there, but you know how it goes, if you’re not sitting at the big tables, then you’re on the menu. Smile

Anyway, these guys at Whiteverse are really good and I hope they continue to put out their brand of coin magic as it’s quite exceptional and well worth learning. Smile

MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Yeah, if you look at his skills you should actually read more about Rogelio Mechelina (another thing you have in common Smile ).
But he now also sells through Penguin Magic. Maybe that will help him become a bit more popular.