The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (530 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..33~34~35 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You know what’s really great about coin magic, that you don’t have to do complicated or long-winded stuff to do some fun magic. To that end, I have always liked Copper Silver coin tricks, even came up with a few myself. It allows you to be creative and perform some memorable coin magic. And if you add in a little certain something special, Smile you can even do some downright impossible looking stuff, like in my Copper Silver INC. Smile

Here, our old friend, Doug Conn shows you one by a Master that’s still one of the best around. He acknowledges that with true reverence here…and that’s another thing I like about him besides his exceptional magic, he gives great credit where such unforgettable credit is most certainly due…What a guy! Smile

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
HI MARION THIS WAS FILMED 16 YRS AGO
https://youtu.be/Wz-jfRWE4BU
PS HOW YA DOING DOUG...... HOPE TO SEE U IN BUFFALO
VINNY THE GODFATHER OF MAGIC
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks Vinny, those were the days. Smile And y’know, I still think it’s one of the very best visual one-handed change of a coin anywhere. It’s been greatly smoothed out since that old video. And when done well (along with the better understandings & finesses I put around it), it truly looks like magic right at your fingertips, right before their very eyes. Minds blown every time still to this day. Smile

It’s quite a versatile move too, that can be used in many ways as I’ve shown in many of my works. I am humbled that people still take time to check it out, practice it and make it their own from all around the world. WOW!

Yeah, those were the days, and I still appreciate helping people out with it. It has indeed been a lasting pleasure. Smile

Thanks again guys and especially to you, Godfather…thanks always for everything. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I remember seeing a guy do this in the NYC subway off the D train. Held the audience captive for 10 minutes playing with this thing. Smile People couldn’t figure it out for nothing. I just smiled as he did his thing and remembered as a kid having it. He did a few nice moves with it and I believe it’s also covered a bit in Bobo’s. I remember getting mine from Tannen’s Magic Shop eons ago. But you can pretty easily make one if you got a little bit of DIY in you. Once you do, you’ll have it forever and it will fool the heck outta people. Smile With a little creativity, you can do some amazing things with it. Nice little project for ya, and still an awful lot of fun to present… Smile

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
With a shimmed coin and a couple of strategically placed magnets, you can do all of these effects and more without the pin.
Works with TUC too. I have an old (30's) manuscript discussing a Hooker and Exp [ combo (Birch Stack).
Lots of possibilities with being able to be either one ahead or one behind.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
There's a lot of overlap with a magnetic holdout, but I have seen someone use a hooked coin along with some IT to get a floating coin, and you can do a voodoo-doll type effect with a rising coin.
Magnets can replace much, but a hooked definitely has some extra left tricks up it's sleeve!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2023, tonsofquestions wrote:
a hooked definitely has some extra left tricks up it's sleeve!

Yup, I even developed callous on the inside of my right thumb to hang it on.
Best open hand spread possible after a Retention move.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nicely done! Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Https://youtu.be/jAGivxJ6VjE an blast from the past only tow coins no gimmicks

vinny marini
Come check out my magic.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2023, Mb217 wrote:
You know what’s really great about coin magic, that you don’t have to do complicated or long-winded stuff to do some fun magic. To that end, I have always liked Copper Silver coin tricks, even came up with a few myself. It allows you to be creative and perform some memorable coin magic. And if you add in a little certain something special, Smile you can even do some downright impossible looking stuff, like in my Copper Silver INC. Smile … ]

This is exactly what I was talking about as to copper & silver coin tricks. This one is clever usage of a move that Vinny has done more with than ever could’ve been imagined from way back when to now. This little effect is totally deceptive, simply presented and cleverly done by a real Master as to coins & closeup. Just using a regular copper and a regular silver coin, you can do so much. Of course when you add a little sugar to it, you can make it even more impossible, but what’s good is that you don’t have to. With just a couple cards and coins in this one, Vinny shows you another excellent example of magical trickery…

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just a wonderful little coin trick. And one that doesn’t use the larger coins. No one thinks to use the little guys much anymore but they still have their place. Here, a real fine-as-they-come closeup man shows you some strong magic with just a dime & a penny and some basic SOH. Smile

It’s a real nice one to pull out and do for people any time, anywhere with just a little change from your pocket. I used to do it all the time, and every time out it was unquestionably tricky! Smile

Learn it and take it out with you on those nice summer strolls. As you can see, it works for kids of all ages. Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
CRIMPOLOGY ;;;;;;;;
the crimp click pass,,, using different size coins..
https://youtu.be/Vjak-9BdqLs Marion I kn9w you remember this........
just to note my good friend Marion has become one of the best coin workers on the planet. The mags here on the west cost rave about his coin work

i wish he would come to the west coast and lecture......
vinny
https://youtu.be/N-DN_csFlso
Come check out my magic.

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Here is the master at work, he did this some 12 years ago his famous (my fly)
this is why he got the name Mr Smooth https://youtu.be/rxTF04vddfo
the One and only Marion Boykin
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always liked this vanish from Latta. It’s not done much but is very clever and deceptive. He was an amazing coin man and gone much too early…

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Loved that you brought up this vanish by Latta, Marion.
We magicians have so many tricks. They're great, we use them for awhile and then move onto other things.
I forgot about this little item & you inspired me to get out my pen and play with it again.

Always liked this vanish too. Different and kinda fun.
I changed it a bit way back when, using a magic marker with a little something extra inside.

I think you lads will probably figure out what's going on.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Happy to dig this up. Lots of good coin magic out there, not always talked about or mostly ever shown, but I’m trying to fix all that. Smile

Your take on this is a pretty darn good one, my friend. Looks clean as clean can be. Smile A nice in the moment trick to do wherever you happen to be.

Good one, Max! Smile

dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Just an idea with coin, bottle and sharpie:
https://youtu.be/peKc5D__NHo
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Cool idea/routine dj. It looks like you & Max have the same Sharpie. wink wink.
Can you buy this somewhere?
A coin & pen routine has to be one of the best walk-around pieces of magic IMHO.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah Z, I like dj’s take too, especially the use of that little bottle. Smile He’s quite a thinker/creator and a really good closeup guy himself. Smile

His take helps to extend the basic trick into greater effect. It’s got me thinking even more about what he and Max are doing. And just think, just posting about this old original take on it, has brought out some amazing other ways to do it and to even use it in greater presentation.

Really nice coin and little closeup piece. The kind of magic I remember from long ago, that still amazes today. Smile

Max T. Oz
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Max T. Oz
Yes, you have opened up a can of worms MB LOL Smile
As Zaub mentioned, a coin & pen routine is an excellent piece for of magic.
I've reacquainted myself with it the last few days and in luv with it again.
:-)