The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (530 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30..33~34~35 [Next]
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
I always enjoy watching your performances, Mb. So much skill yet very relaxed and warming - you're like a fine single malt Scotch whisky.

Your teaching material is a joy, too - I still get a lot of pleasure practicing Double Trouble several times a week, many months after buying it. It's fantastic and I'll be treating myself to another of your routines very soon (..any recommendations?).

So thank *you*, Mb. The pleasure is all ours.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks, my friend...😁 Truly appreciate that. 🙏🏽

That people appreciate my work, makes all the work of it worthwhile.

Here’s one you might want to take on...Some nice stuff in it, with a doozy of an ending I came up with. 😉

*Did you know that this video has garnered nearly “2,000,000” views, I think maybe more than any other magic video in YT history. 😊 Not exactly sure how it happened, but seemingly people viewing a music video got magically re-directed to my little video somehow. 🤭 Now, many folks weren’t happy about it and wondered as to where in the world they had been jettisoned to, but many also enjoyed the surprising magic after landing there. I was always happy about that, that despite their displacement, they came to enjoy my magic. 😁 Anyway, now you know the rest of the story. 🎩
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
Great stuff, Mb, and an amusing story, too. Smile

I remember being drawn to quite a few of your routines when I picked up Double Trouble so I'll have another look before deciding. Decisions, decisions - what a nice problem to have!

Thanks again, Mb.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
More than decade and half ago in a series of eMail chats with Mb he sent me "a dream."
He did not say I could share ti, but didn't say no either. The thinking has inspired several new effects by me ...

“There was a magician, a very good one that was doing some really great coin effects,
and this old guy walked up and did a very simple trick that left everyone including the magician dumbfounded.
He showed his hand to be empty, closed it and asked a little girl to name a coin.
She did and when he opened his hand there was the exact coin, a nickel.
He closed his hand again and asked a young man to name another coin, and when he opened his hand again, the coin had changed to that coin, a quarter...
He then finally asked the magician and he smartly said "how about a silver dollar-sized copper coin."
Thinking he had the old man stumped, with a confident smile the old guy just as easily closed his hand very slowly and opened it to show the quarter had indeed become a big copper coin,
that he freely twirled in his hand...
As he turned to walk away, he tossed the coin to the little girl and when she caught it, with true amazement it was a piece of candy.
He winked and walked away, and with wonderment on all our faces, so did the magician.”
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey funs, yeah I remember that dream. I've thought of a few ways as to making it happen, but still none as good as I dreamed it. Smile I've never been able to get as close, except for this... Smile

*And thanks Kong for the kind words as to my work, and hope you keep enjoying "Double Trouble," it's a fun set. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Marion's coin magic is the kind of magic I like: direct and to the point. Magical.

He is extremely generous with his knowledge as well. Encouraging.

A good-all-around chap!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Please do not neglect MB's great contributions to coin magic. One of which is the Active MB Finger Palm. Invisible. Palm is empty, fingers are moving. An impossible palm that works surrounded. One of the greatest achievements in coin magic. Try it . Master it.
Show it. YOu will be shocked. They all say not he only has one coin. No ditching, just
"open palms" hehe. thanks MB.
Kong
View Profile
Regular user
Cymru
149 Posts

Profile of Kong
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2020, countrymaven wrote:
Please do not neglect MB's great contributions to coin magic. One of which is the Active MB Finger Palm. Invisible. Palm is empty, fingers are moving. An impossible palm that works surrounded. One of the greatest achievements in coin magic. Try it . Master it.
Show it. YOu will be shocked. They all say not he only has one coin. No ditching, just

This sounds interesting! I'm currently deciding which of MB's routines to buy next and you might have just swung it for me. Do you know which teach this palm?

Thanks.
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2020, Kong wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2020, countrymaven wrote:

This sounds interesting! I'm currently deciding which of MB's routines to buy next and you might have just swung it for me. Do you know which teach this palm?

Thanks.

Yes I'd also like to know where to find this?

BW

Steve
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks guys for all the good words and interest. I've gotten a lot of PMs and emails behind it and I keep pointing the same way I've been pointing for years now, www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

That's the street I live on and where all my magic is kept. Smile

And Maven is right here, you'll find that move in several of my works under, "Liwag Subtlety." Check the download videos on the website, and wherever I so deliberately show my palms, it's probably in there like you see here... Smile

It really is one heckuva move as Maven describes here above, and caused more discussions than a little bit as to what it is, why it is, how can it be, etc. Smile People spin it many ways, but what I have shown and taught as to it is as you see it, or maybe as you don't see it, Smile I don't think anyone has shown it or explained it as in-depth like that, at least not when I first started doing it years ago. I thought a lot of the little move, so I did show it, explained it again & again, as I shared it with you. Smile

Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you Marion, for all the advice, help and general nice guyness.
"But there isn't a door"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks Tom, that's awfully nice of you. Smile

And y'know, the advice I give I also take myself, and that's how I kept developing my work, sorta like this...Which in time became so much more, as to both the change and the deception of it all. Smile

What a journey! Smile

Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Wow!
"But there isn't a door"
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
EXCELLENT MARION
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Brilliant MB 😃
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
MB,
You are a true Ambassador of coin magic and continue to inspire all of us.
I only wish I lived closer to you so we could spend time together jamming.
Keep on trucking my friend!!

Your Pal,

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, you all are the best! Thanks and so glad you appreciate the work. Smile

*Oh, and here's what that little vid (part) above eventually became for me...a real gem of a trick, even sitting down, and standing & moving about makes it even more devilshly deceptive! Smile And I typically hand out the coin to the specs which blows their mind even more. Smile

stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Wanted to give a shout out to MB for his lovely little C/S twist routine which I'm currently trying to perfect. As usual his demo is slick and enjoyable, while the method is fairly straightforward but devilishly clever. I love it. Thanks MB for this great contribution, and kind support and encouragement.

BW

Steve
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you for that, happy you like the work. Smile I have a lot of work like that, aimed at helping folks better learn the basics as to developing a good understanding of how the smaller things become the bigger things. Smile Here's another example... Smile

stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Nice MB. Is it a similar level of difficulty?

Cheers

Steve