The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (530 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..33~34~35 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Marcel, sometimes you just don’t wanna know, it’s just so magical. WOW! Smile

Anyway…I don’t usually if ever post reviews here, but found this one to be pleasantly interesting and delightfully put. Why? Well, The interviewer I had not seen before, and sometimes you come across people from the darnest places, and whenever they take the opportunity to review a coin effect (and actually try their hand at it too), I like to watch and see how others see and appreciate coin magic. Especially when they speak of an old friend & cafe member, another young man that I remember from here when he first got started and delved head-first into coins, actually being interested & excited by a few of my effects at the time.

Anyway, he went on to do a lot of wonderful things as a closeup guy, all the way from strolling & street magic to I believe I’ve seen him on Penn & Teller’s Fool Us. And I’m always quite proud when I see such diligent young men achieve some deserved notoriety from all their hard work and effort, especially when they continue to keep coins on them at all times. Smile

Hope you enjoy the review of something he came up with and actually shared as a download…It’s nothing too difficult, but magic shouldn’t be difficult, though it should always be magical & fun. This is, the magi is, and the reviewer is…IMHO. Smile

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Nice one. Interesting review. Rarely that someone goes into such detail. When in comes to coins to glass I enjoyed the performances within that topic.
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Thanks to you Mb,
I was inspired to look for the Sylvester Pitch and found this great piece of coin magic. Veterans probably know it, but might still enjoy the performance.

Still looking for the Sylvester Pitch. Can't see anything... Smile
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
Hmmmm. I can’t find this “Whiskey Coins to Glass” routine listed or available anywhere on the Deuce Gala website.

Has it perhaps been taken off the market?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
PM’d ya! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2023, MarcelR wrote:
Thanks to you Mb,
I was inspired to look for the Sylvester Pitch and found this great piece of coin magic. Veterans probably know it, but might still enjoy the performance…

Still looking for the Sylvester Pitch. Can't see anything... Smile

Ahhhhh yes…Thank you for reminding me here of this wonderful entertainer, and that he was such a creative magician as well makes him even more amazing…and that he was so expert with coins just takes him to another level IMHO. Smile

I think I have spoken about Sylvester here before, but again his wonderful Sylvester Pitch remains to me one of the most amazing moves in all of coin magic. It just blew me away when I first saw it…I just had to learn it. And I’ve only seen maybe 2 people that did his routine, most others did not as it is quite an exercise to do well. And that’s why I came up with a paired down, streamlined approach I just called, “The Quick Pitch,’ a little piece of Sylvester to use more as an everyday move, but it certainly comes from watching him and understanding how versatile it makes you as to so deceptively trafficking coins right in front of their eyes. Still just wonderful to watch him do his thing. Nobody else quite like him, that’s for sure. A man of many talents.

Interestingly of late, I’ve recently just heard that he is no longer performing, due to an advanced illness. But he planted a great seed in me and it’s in a lot of what I do almost daily with coins. Much respect! And once again here, as the man himself would often most colorfully say, ”Observe!” Smile

Smile

MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2023, Mb217 wrote:
so deceptively trafficking coins right in front of their eyes Smile

Even if I know exactly what he's doing, I can't track it. Simply unbelievable. For me the Qick Pitch is already quite tricky and I still have problems with the pacing. But your video was helpful.
Smile
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
And again funny Helge Thun with Curvature Coins to the power of 4 (Hanging Coins):
https://youtu.be/wL7R_zokbdw?si=Vblea7XH_XYve9q_
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Very nice! The more I understand about structure of routines, the more I enjoy presentations like this.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, nice piece by Helge, dj…thanks for giving us all a peek at an exceptional worker. Smile

Y’know, it’s funny…of all the years I’ve been on the Cafe, I have not heard of a lot of the magis posted here by all those that supposedly know best. I guess there might be a lot of reasons that some are not mentioned, but that’s why you gotta go out there and look for yourself. In example, Helge here is as good as anybody with coins that I can see. He has a real handle on the moves, presentation, patter, etc. It all allows him to create quite well. Of course the greats helped show us the way, and clearly there are many that ran with it, even some that actually improved upon the basic seeds. But I guess it has something to do with what you like as to the art and perhaps who you like, or what kind of coin magic meets your fancy, or what is supposedly the “right” way to do something or other. Yep, you gotta go out and see for yourself sometimes. Hopefully this thread has helped to do that a bit in perhaps helping to show something or someone that maybe you hadn’t quite seen before do things that you might not have seen done quite that way. Smile

Joy & Peace on earth…Good will towards men = The Real Magic of the World

karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
750 Posts

Profile of karnak
“Whiskey Coins to Glass” was absent from the Deuce Gala website, but it has now been restored (i.e., it’s available again).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Glad to hear it. It’s a fun routine, and delivered by a wonderful guy in Michael O’Brien. I can remember when he first got started here. Always proud to see these guys take it and run with their brands of good magic far & wide. Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Here’s another one you might not see ordinarily, but it is full of imagination & creativity…perhaps an extension of the old rattle gimmick or rattle purse, only even more immediately deceptive. And it comes from someone that again is not among the more regular names as to coins. Man, I love showing these guys as they put another spin on things…Have you ever seen a sorta Hanging Coins done quite like this? Smile

Also, I like when other things are mixed in, like when you include a gimmick or gaff coin in your SOH. It just makes it all that much more impossible. I think this does about the same things… Perhaps a good enough utility displaying a coin trick as a serious contender just maybe for trick of the year. Smile

“The Universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” Smile

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Honest question here: do big multi-topic mega-threads like this hurt the discourse by muddying the topic based searchability of the cafe?

I see several of these in a couple of the forums and I always just ignore them, but sometimes they're the only active thread in that particular forum!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2023, gaddy wrote:
Honest question here: do big multi-topic mega-threads like this hurt the discourse by muddying the topic based searchability of the cafe?

Not at all. Use Advanced Search and get as granular as you like.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Ok but I still have no idea what this thread is for and it's far too long to catch up.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
This thread is about a man giving thanks to those who came before, and to those who have shared their gifts sometimes under the radar. It's for those who feel similarly, and for those who appreciate a man who is universally respected around here because of who he is as a person as much as how good he is as a magician.

It's about respect, at its core.

If you can't see that. Particularly at this time of year, then I feel for you.

Or, maybe it's just the Agent of Chaos in you.
MarcelR
View Profile
Regular user
Cologne, Germany
143 Posts

Profile of MarcelR
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2023, gaddy wrote:
Ok but I still have no idea what this thread is for and it's far too long to catch up.

It may be difficult to catch up, but it's worth just watching the videos. It's a great collection.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you, guys. Smile

“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”

Can’t say it any better than that as to the ongoing purpose of this string, so I’ll just say this…

Happy Holidays & the very best of all things in this coming New Year…Peace on Earth, Good will towards All. Smile

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3530 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2023, GJo wrote:
This thread is about a man giving thanks to those who came before, and to those who have shared their gifts sometimes under the radar. It's for those who feel similarly, and for those who appreciate a man who is universally respected around here because of who he is as a person as much as how good he is as a magician.

It's about respect, at its core.

If you can't see that. Particularly at this time of year, then I feel for you.

Or, maybe it's just the Agent of Chaos in you.

Feel away then, I guess.
Like I said in my post, I was asking a genuine question that I'd like an answer to. If you feel like this deserves an answer that's basically a snarky insinuation regarding my character, that's on you.

Particularly at this time of year, whatever that means...