The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (530 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..33~34~35 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always nice to see this guy work. Smile. I think I remember seeing his dad at Tannen’s Magic shop back in the day from time to time, and he picked up right behind him to contribute quite a bit in his own right as to coin magic. I like moving around when I do magic, but this guy makes it look easy sitting at a table. Love seeing him do him and his dad’s signature move… Smile

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Today if I went to NY, I would catch a Broadway Show. In the 70's
I spent time at Tannen's and busked in Central Park.
Even got my hat tipped by one of New York's Police Officers.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Https://youtu.be/Vjak-9BdqLs COINS ACROSS USING DIFFERENT SIZE COINS
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There is an old saying in the sport of boxing that, ‘Styles make fights.” And so I have found that to be basically true in many things, including the art of magic.

There are many performers, many good in their own right. Some pros, but most are not. Being a pro is nice but not necessary, but the true work involved most certainly is. In coin magic, there are a bevy of good workers, many I’ve featured right here throughout this string, but one of the very best that I have seen and witnessed develop in the art is to me, about as good as it gets as to uniqueness, style and finesse. Honestly, there’s no one else quite like him that I have seen.

His magic is crisp and immediately amazing. Just as good a closeup man, his coin work is just levels above most that are supposedly also levels above. I’ve known him since his earlier days and watched him grow way beyond the highest cliffs around. He went on to soar even higher than that. Very proud of his journey because he gave it all he had and then got back all it had to give as to recognition and overall accomplishment. There is no major player in the game that has not heard of him or his amazing magic, including all of us here. If you happen to not have heard of him raise your hand. Smile

Here, he does just a little bit, but from this he did it all and then some, ie, performing, creating, teaching, etc. I might’ve mentioned him earlier on here somewhere, but he’s another one that deserves an encore… Smile

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You don’t hear this name much of late, but he is also one of the very best coin men in the world, as a performer and magical creator. Just so anmazing to watch and a real dynamo as to clever moves and routines. I recommend looking into his work, it is extensive and quite elegant… Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I got quite a few PMs since posting about a little something I used to do with Tenkai Pennies, that I called “TENkai Ph.D” for Tenkai Pennies in High Definition.

As I mentioned in that other string, it was just a little something, an added convincer if you will but a cleverly done one IMHO, as I would do it often for folks. The trick is a real fooler as is, but this little addition made it a bit more impossible to fathom. Smile And it’s done by a little move I called, “The 10 Switch.” Haven’t played with it in a good long while and was going to post a vid of me doing it now, but happened upon an old vid I did of it when I sorta first started playing around with it. Anyway, it went a little something like this… Smile

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
You fool em, while letting your personality shine.
I believe both are just as important.

Harris
Palms of Aluminum Foil
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Coin magic by my friend Mano.

"Mano`s Three Fly":
https://youtu.be/eIWKA-nuH5I

"The Sancocho Dominicano by Mano"
https://youtu.be/gXo-ycfRR7g

"Mano`s Twisting in the Air":
https://youtu.be/WogDuSa-LFs

"Mano`s International Coin Production":
https://youtu.be/HKB3rbRbWVA

Mano`s Coins Through Table:
https://youtu.be/Sc1Bbpb9puQ
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you so much DJ for reminding us of Mano…He is one of our own here, and another that you don’t ever hear much about. But he is called Mano The Magnificent in the underground for a reason. Simply, his handlings are one of a kind presentations. Just about nobody can do the stuff he does…His hands are absolutely amazing! And I’ve seen him do it up close and personal…And I am very proud to call him mi hermano, my friend… Smile

I’ll post one of your many examples here for people to judge for themselves, and see that they’ve never seen anything as “classic’ as this... Smile

Y’know, it was Eric Jones so many years ago now, that first introduced me to Mano at a Magic convention, and we have been friends, brothers ever since. And you know what, that demonstration deserves an immediate encore here… Smile

And I don’t believe I’ve ever given a triple play here, but as the great pop singer, Bruno Mars would say, “Don’t believe it, just watch!…” Smile

dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
@Marion
Mano has helped me a lot when it comes to coin magic.
He also made some videos for me with his extraordinary coin techniques.
He is a very helpful person.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Cooper/Silver - this one is for Fred Kaps by Mano Tejeda:
https://youtu.be/ypE9mkpojNU?si=7DaejmTGltlE7a45
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I first met Mano at Metro Magic 1, back in around 2005, I think? It’s been a good while, and we became fast friends and would meet up around NYC and do magic wherever we were for people. All of what you see here above, he could do right in front of you and more… Smile

But speaking of Metro Magic, I remember it was out in NJ, and it was a great convention, and I remember seeing and meeting a whole lot of people there. And a lot that I didn’t meet, I did eventually come better to know online, many of them good friends now. Does anyone remember Metro Magic? The big, small & all were there…A great get-together that showcased the late, great Steve Dusheck, Darwin Ortiz. Bob Solari and Bill Wisch put the show on and it was well worth it. It’s still one of my greatest inspirations as to coin magic, so many wonderful workers were there. As a matter of fact, it was Eric Jones that actually introduced me to Mano while he was out in the lobby area sessioning. Man, was he good…no effort, just magic! Smile

Were you there? Smile

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
I haven't been to conventions since 2005.
Living in Nevada in the 80's allowed me to meet great coin workers.
I also got to participate in early Desert Seminars in Vegas. Seeing Larry Jennings at a small bar in Lake Tahoe,
do coin to Beer Can, was a lesson in audience management and finishing clean.
Martin Lewis who opened for Debby Reynolds was as comfortable with close up as he was on the big stage.

Harris
Palms of Aluminum Foil
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Metro Magic 2008.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great pics of you and Gallo…He’s a great one to watch. Smile

Metro Magic was surely a fun convention. I wish it could’ve went on forever. It was always that good & memorable. Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, got a chance to do some coin magic today during a visit to the dentist. He’s an old friend of the family now as we all use his practice. I always do a bit of magic upon regular request, but this time Doc’s cousin was up from South Jersey and he wanted him to see what he’s been telling him about all these years. Not only that, but the whole office stopped to watch me. Smile And you know what I decided to do, Quick Silver, but as Doug Conn does it using his wedding ring. Man, it killed! Smile Just a wonderful little coins across and people were so amazed as each coin went from one hand to the other, attracted by that little ring…CLINK! Smile

I really enjoyed presenting this oldie but goodie little trick, as cousin Ron just kept scratching his head. Smile I did a few more quick effects for him, but Quick Silver stole the day. Smile Gotta tip your hat to Al Schneider, he has a boat load of great coin magic, and while this one doesn’t get a lot of mention as to his vast repetoire, sometimes it’s the little things that mean a lot. It sure did the trick today… Just so much fun! Smile

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3352 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Magic at the dentist- good times!
Metro Magic in NJ- I attended every one them over many years and saw and met so many talented young & old magicians- it was the best- The amazing talent that Bob & Bill brought to these yearly events was 2nd to none- You name a magician- they were there either attending, lecturing , performing, or perhaps all 3! At our IMB ring meeting last night, one of the guys had a Metro- Magic pin in his bag of tricks- brought back fond memories and now I see it on here the very next day.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Was anyone else at any of the early Desert Seminars in Vegas.
I believe they were in the early 80's and sponsored by Joe Stevens.
Working out of Reno and Tahoe had its perks.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just wanted to mention a nice trick for coin guys 9for anybody really) that’s not exactly a coin trick. Quite a while ago now, I had a real fascination with invisible coin tricks, and I tried a few nice ones but ended up falling in love with one called, Ultimate Positive Negative…Man, what a neat little trick!

So, you pull out 3 invisible coins, a quarter, a dime and a nickel and tell the spec to choose one. This is after you bring out a small sealed envelope that you leave on the table. Anyway, they choose a coin (let’s say, a quarter) and behind a flip of the coin, even tell you if it is heads or tails (let’s say, TAILS), and BANG!!!, the little envelope is ripped open and the paper inside says, “Quarter, TAILS.” Smile

I’m telling you, I’ve done this for many years and it kills. I keep a couple of these little babies in my wallet…Packs small, plays BIG for those special times you just want to do something a little different with coins. Smile Better still, it’s darn easy to do, extremely clever, and is guaranteed to amaze! It sorta keeps you in the coin realm but lets you present a little pocket mentalism that’s right up our alley. Smile

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
It's fun in the middle of a routine to vanish a coin
without technique, yet many will pass over the simplicity.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com