The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (530 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..16..20..24..28..32..33~34~35 [Next]
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3352 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Smooth!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
Mb217 very very nice!

Good magic to all,

Eric

Thanks guys for the kind words of recognition. ☺️
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It’s always good to stop and remember sometimes…where we come from and or how we got here. Perhaps this is a good place and time to pause for a moment…

With that, you might’ve noticed that I am taken to recognizing the magic of others and not just my own here, the big, small, and all of it. Before I ever had my own, I saw and enjoyed, admired it in others. The stories of my humble journey are too many to recount, but this sorta takes me back to the beginning and then all along the way somewhat, from then to now. And I’m sure tomorrow is in there too, somewhere magically beyond all the folded yesterdays of it all. You tell me…how did you get here? And take your time…😉

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfM7oLIlp0
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Still think this is a great set by David Roth. I continue to recommend it as a complete presentation. You practice it and make this your own, and it’s about all the coin magic you ever have to present to be seen as an absolute wizard.

Man, Roth was amazing in so many ways, all of which will always continue to make him quite unforgettable…👑

hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Thank you MB for sharing your work and your style!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It is truly my pleasure. 😊

I got it all from my journey, as mostly all others do too. A lot of the stuff you come across might need greater view & application given to it as I did regarding the use of Liwag Subtlety. Doubt if it would’ve been as highly thought about without my eye to it, all of what more it is and could be. Found a lot of stuff like that along the way that helped me to better myself and create my works. Got a handful of them that I’m really proud of, but mostly I’m happy that I got the chance to share them with so many fine others like you. 😊

Happy Holidays to all, and Good Will Towards Men. 🙏🏽

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You know I like bringing you the big, small, and all of us here as it’s not just about me. And oftentimes you might not hear of some magnificent others out there. Today I bring you another wonderful worker, a tremendous closeup man that can work coins as good & better as anyone out there. Don’t believe me, just watch this…Take it away, Doug. 😉

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
You know I like bringing you the big, small, and all of us here as it’s not just about me. And oftentimes you might not hear of some magnificent others out there. Today I bring you another wonderful worker, a tremendous closeup man that can work coins as good & better as anyone out there. Don’t believe me, just watch this…Take it away, Doug. 😉

Smile Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, in case you missed what Doug was showing you here, here’s a little more…but don’t blink. 😉

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
From whence we come… 🙏🏽

Happy Holidays to all. 🎄

Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
With all the emphasis today on achieving the best "burn" and use of the nowhere palm, etc., it's nice to see some good ol' magic coin vanishes. Yes, the man wrote the book on this stuff. Thanks Mb.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, the old stuff is sooooo goooood!

Here is a bit from an old friend of the Café, from his good old days…😊

This is the kind of magic I remember growing up in NYC, from the old guys that were really clever in making magic look like magic.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Wishing everyone the best of all things in magic and in life, in this coming New Year…Here we go again! 😊🙏🏽🎉

Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Marion,
You set a great example of kindness to everyone around the Café.

Happy New Year my friend!

Smile Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thank you my friend, and yeah, here we go again…Let’s go! 😊

Here’s another stellar closeup man with a real knack for the coins…😉

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I lost another part of my journey today, a childhood friend that we actually began magic together as kids growing up in much less than humble beginnings in the Harlem area of NYC. I remember we used to save our little pennies for a month just to go downtown to Tannen’s on a Saturday morning to buy a few tricks and watch all the magic. He got to be really good early on, especially with coins & cards, but left it later on down the line for a relative higher calling. Man, I’ve been some places with some extraordinary people along my way (early on & later on), and an old Café member, “DOC” was one of them…😔

This is what a pretty darn good magician & closeup man had to say about my old friend…

“Sad news that Eric McMullen known in our world of gambling & magic as DOC passed away today. DOC was very underground but he was a legendary gambling expert. You could think of him as the Michael Jordan of gambling, he was at the top of his field. He was one of those people who I always wanted to meet, but never had the opportunity. A number of my friends around the world were fortunate to make the connection and the stories they tell of his ability with a deck of cards are amazing.

Non-magicians sometime ask if magicians reveal all their secrets or take them to their grave. In the case of DOC I'm sure there are quite a few "secrets" that will disappear with his passing. He had a huge amount of knowledge about the subject of gambling combined with real world experience... but he was also very secretive, as you would expect. Rest in Peace DOC.... you made a name for yourself in this world and we will speak of you often, while having a beer and arguing over who was the best of the best. You will always be at the top of that list.”

- Paul Gertner

Man, you just never know about people, just who will think what of who. From one champion to another, this is real high regard and praise given here for my old friend, and it is echoed by many fine others as to his great powers and being.

RIP old friend. 🙏🏽♥️

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just a peek at one of the many levels of greatness…

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just thinking how years back now, Ponta The Smith from Japan, took the coin world by storm and changed it with his handlings and new applications. It was all quite remarkable to see all the old stuff hopped-up to be something a bit more than what it was or though it could be. It all just takes a different eye and approach to make something different. Never heard a lot from the old-heads as to Ponta, but he was a real rage to everyone else. And no doubt gave a much infused boost as to interest in coin magic, over there and over here as well. He obviously had great reverence for Roth’s work, as he put forth new spins on his old routines. And I think he once said he never actually met the man. Hard to believe as popular as he became worldwide.

Another guy away from here that did that by bringing a new flavor to coin magic is this guy here. His magic is not your run-of-the-mill stuff, but champion-level, see here for yourself…

https://youtu.be/9hQaxaX7-5A

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Yeah, I love Mario's work. He has a great curiosity/innocence/wonder that he brings that I don't see a lot of folks using.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2022, Mb217 wrote:

Another guy away from here that did that by bringing a new flavor to coin magic is this guy here. His magic is not your run-of-the-mill stuff, but champion-level, see here for yourself…

https://youtu.be/9hQaxaX7-5A

Yes.