The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Were Paul Daniels' props archived? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
(I am hoping this topic does not violate the rules of this section. I did read the notice.)

A Google search suggested that someone found some of PD's tricks in a barn, but I'm wondering if any of his props were actually collected and archived, along with his library. I suppose the lovely Debbie McGee would know, but I don't know if she has told anyone. Anyone?
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
He was selling some of his apparatus on EBay.

There is a huge storage shed on the current property.
If you search YouTube Paul Daniels video's, he shows his workshop/storage.
rch129
View Profile
New user
FL
51 Posts

Profile of rch129
Does anyone know if Paul Daniels published any of his illusions as plans?
Roy
Illusion77
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I'd love to know more about where Paul's illusions went also. Over his very long career, there were so many illusions and effects that he performed and several very unique props as well.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
The illusions that were in a barn belonged to a magician in Tenby, South Wales who had been doing a theatre show in a theme park there. He had bought many of those illusions from Paul Daniels. Included was George Grimmond's Triple Trunk Escape. All of these illusions have now been bought by Chris Cross who lives in Newcastle, England and runs a number of magic businesses. Chris also recently bought the entire collection of Derek Lever and Taurus Magic. In addition Chris recently produced a new book about the magic of Jack Hughes.

You can read more about Chris at https://www.theenchantedrabbit.com/about

In the meantime, as far as I know, Debbie has not undertaken any disposal of Paul's collection or library.
Illusion77
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Has anyone ever put together a comprehensive list of all of the illusions that Paul performed in his career?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Wouldn't be surprised if Copperfield were hoarding them in a warehouse somewhere.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers