The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Would you vote for an Essential Dai Vernon reprint? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JoshDude849
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of JoshDude849
For all the money it would cost you to buy all of the books separately, I think it is time for another reprint of this tome. The after-market prices of individual books are absolutely ridiculous. On Amazon, I could buy the Inner Secrets Trilogy for the small amount (not really!) of $199. Isn't that a great deal? Plus, auctions on eBay also end up well over $100 dollars just for the trilogy. So obviously, there is still a HUGE demand for Vernon material. This, I would think, makes it worth reprinting from a publisher's viewpoint. Comment below what you think. Maybe we could get enough momentum going to get L&L's attention. I vote yes for the Essential Dai Vernon by Lewis Ganson reprint.

Thanks.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Yes absolutely. I sent an email to L&L about this topic a while ago but never got a response. I wish they would sell the rights to another publisher who would reprint it if they don’t want to.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
63 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I would not hold my breath. L&L is not likely to do it and the book is unwieldy to deal with because it is so huge. It actually does not do that well in the resale market.
copperct
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
93 Posts

Profile of copperct
I was just looking for a copy of this book online and there are literally no options within a reasonable price range. I wonder with everything that's happened with L&L this year if it makes a reprint of these books more/less likely?
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of Kimura
It may be worth contacting Murphy's, who now own L&L.

I suspect less likely, as far as I'm aware Murphy's don't do a lot of book publishing? But, it would be irresponsible of them to let such works become unavailable.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
63 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
One other thought. A lot of the L&L books were also available as .pdfs. This book, or its constituent titles, may be as well. Murphy's certainly does support downloads.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
No.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of mayniac
With Murphy’s reprinting Mint Vol. 1 & 2, I wonder if the odds of a reprint have increased for this volume?