The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Anyone dealt with Roy Kueppers :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (73 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
A quick update. I just received my latest order from RK (I live in UK) and the turnaround time was around 3 weeks only. The set is of a very high quality. I'm delighted. In my original email I also asked if it was possible to include a little something extra that I needed. I thought this might have slipped through the net, but it was also in the package!!

All in all, great service.
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
3 weeks ago I asked Roy to fix a coin from one of my sets and make me a WI state quarter pro gravity flipper. The order is in the mail!

Pretty good turnaround for doing some custom work that included me sending him the coin!!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
37 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
I will second (or third, I can’t count) the “poor communicator” bit. I also think that he has done some false advertising, but could just be my own misunderstanding. I did receive my stuff eventually and it’s nice, well-made, and works. Judging from what I’ve heard others say, it’s a bit of a gamble to order from him. Guess I got lucky. I mean when you’ve got magicians in lectures rattling off contact info for coin gaffers and then gets to Mr. Kueppers and goes, “Roy, you know your web site,” you know something’s wrong.
"Sometimes magic sounds like tape."
-The Amazing Johnathan
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
I have recieved my coins and the quality is excellent.

It was at Times a struggle to get them, but in the end it was worth it.

Thanks to all the people in the Café for their Input.
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
I forgot to mention that I recieved an extra coin for the wait. That was very generous
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
Ernst VCO
View Profile
New user
that has really been trying, but only has
52 Posts

Profile of Ernst VCO
I have not yet purchased from Roy Kueppers, but will still give him a chance flite my business. Thanks for this thread!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Quote:
On May 25, 2020, David Neighbors wrote:
I saw Him 2 years Ago At 4 F. And ordered A English Penney Shell for a Sun And moon Coin ! I have yet to get it ! Smile

David, did you ever get your order?
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
A real nightmare. I had to initiate a PayPal investigation. Then, right after that, he sent what I didn't order. Paypal closed the case. I never received what I ordered. Something else at a lower price then I paid. Not what I ordered or gave cash for. Roy Kueppers didn't deliver. Buyer beware.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2020, reese wrote:
A real nightmare. I had to initiate a PayPal investigation. Then, right after that, he sent what I didn't order. Paypal closed the case. I never received what I ordered. Something else at a lower price then I paid. Not what I ordered or gave cash for. Roy Kueppers didn't deliver. Buyer beware.

Sorry to hear that. I have bought from him a few times with no issues. He has answered my emails about a purchase or info within 24 hours. I always contact him directly for pricing and he sets the invoice up.
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
I just received an awesome custom set from RK. I sent him five silver half crowns and he did a beautiful re-milled expanded shell set. Just over 2 months from sending them to getting them back and I live in UK. He has always come through for me, but I'm sorry to hear about your experience Reese.

BW

Steve
Gazoo
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Gazoo
WOW! I thought I was the only one. The service can be spotty. I ordered Double Deception and was pleased with the turn around and the quality. HOWEVER, my last order wasn't good at all. No one replied via email in regards to my order. Eventually I emailed to cancel and THEN someone contacted me to say the shipment was on it's way. I still cancelled. The shipment came, but by this time I contacted my credit card company to handle the issue. Didn't like doing that but I had spent almost $400 on this order. Great products but I won't order from there again. You can get most from other handlers.

On a side note, when this last order arrived I checked the contents before sending it back and they were the wrong coins.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
This drives me nuts. I hear both good and bad about this clown!

I made a small order from Kueppers, although it took awhile (little over a month) for two American pennies, I did receive product.

I want to make more purchases, but I am very reluctant due to the random behavior of Kueppers.

Most of my items bought were via third party like Magic Emporium Tampa.
Everything I have of Roy Kueppers is top draw.
dustrod
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
233 Posts

Profile of dustrod
I just placed my first order through him today. Communication has been good so far. Had a question at Midnight and he emailed me back within 5 minutes.
Sent a couple emails and each one got a quick response. So, so far so good.
If a good quality item comes on time, I'll be very satisfied.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Yes, this hit and miss / inconsistency of communication concerns me as well.
I'll only order his stuff 2nd hand or from reputable 3rd party dealers and let them deal with any issues.

Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, Jerry wrote:
This drives me nuts. I hear both good and bad about this clown!

I made a small order from Kueppers, although it took awhile (little over a month) for two American pennies, I did receive product.

I want to make more purchases, but I am very reluctant due to the random behavior of Kueppers.

Most of my items bought were via third party like Magic Emporium Tampa.
Everything I have of Roy Kueppers is top draw.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Inigmntoya, the only problem with the third party purchase is, not everything is available.
There is a lot of items, most in fact that I want to acquire that can only be had through his website.

Hence the current dilemma.
davidmilne
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of davidmilne
Well, I thought it was just my order! I placed it in March 2020 and despite seven cross Atlantic calls countless e-mails and seven months I seem to be no closer. The phone message regularly says the mailbox is full, and e-mail responses are sparse. I have been promised that the coin would be ready in a fortnight’s time on multiple occasions, only for nothing to happen. I am more than happy to be patient, and I would have every sympathy if Roy was ill or there was an explanation, but his Twitter account shows that he is fit and well releasing new products. I have sent a copy of this post to him by e-mail so that he can respond. Very disappointed.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1412 Posts

Profile of Jerry
David, he is busy answering Dustrod's email question at midnight.
Within five minutes no less.

Roy is super unbalanced.

I wonder if has to do with WHAT you buy or how MUCH the customer spends.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2052 Posts

Profile of Daren
I ordered a hopping Morgan set 2-3 days ago and already on its way to me, maybe he had those in stock already but no problems
davidmilne
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of davidmilne
dustrod
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Wisconsin, USA, Earth
233 Posts

Profile of dustrod
I received my order today. Placed it on the 18th.
For what it's worth, everything went smoothly for my purchase.