The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Friend of a Friend :: Is this even real? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Upperstrange
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Upperstrange
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_EjcGrA2g

Anyone got any idea of what effect that could possibly be? Any book that got something similar? I'm confused if he is using magician's choice on the piles or not. It just doesn't seem possible as they NEVER say their cards out loud and shuffle the whole deck themselves. Can't even spot any possible deck switch.

Anyone?
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
So if I'm seeing the trick correctly, the card work is not that complicated and is not more difficult than what is taught in most card magic books recommended for beginners. But the hard part is not the cards, it's mental. So from what I believe happened, this is mentalism with cards and we are also not seeing the whole picture here. I don't have enough info to tell exactly how the trick is accomplished but I'd recommend something like 13 Steps to Mentalism by Corinda for ideas on similar things, based on my impressions. The cards only serve as a prop for a mind reading routine as far as I can tell. I see no sneaky card stuff or anything like that. Just some occasional... deliberate choices to help facilitate the trick. Basically I think a good chunk of the trick won't be figured out by re-watching the video. Or maybe he just knows something about reading minds that I don't. Smile
Dylenium
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Dylenium
There is a hard cut at about 1:40 I assume there is the selection beeing made. So they didn't just think of the card, they selected it. I guess it is possible to figure the rest out yourself.
Also I don't think this is the right forum to post the question.
Have a nice day