The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Effects With Jumbo Cards (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Hello Café Members!

Does anyone know if there are any Books, Lecture Notes or DVDs that exclusively feature Effects With Jumbo Cards?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Peter Cuddihy
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
I did an internet search for “Tricks With Jumbo Cards” and a Café Post from 2009 came up.

I have blocked and copied the information contained in that post below to share what I found with other Café members.

Fitzkee, D.: Jumbo Card Manipulation (1937), 33p.
Castle, F.:Magic With Giant Cards Emerson&West 1981
Grant, G.: Jumbo Card Tricks (1937)
Ravelle & Andree: Tricks with Jumbo Cards in MAGIGRAM magazine, Vol.6, #2 (1973)
Stanley, H.: Gems with Jumbo Cards (London 1959 and Supreme Magic Co. Bideford 1977)
Trost, Nick: Jumbo Two Split, Columbus 1974, see also Mentzer, J. :CARD CALVACADE I(1972); p.57
Walton, R.:Giant Card in Wallet in LINKING RING magazine Vol.60, #11 (1980), p.71
Zavis, W.: The Giant Recurring Card in his book Diver Deceits 1973
Riding, J.:Collection of Jumbo Cards Effects
Potter Master Index to Magic in Print, Vol.4, head-word "Card Tricks using Jumbo Cards" (21 pages! of references!)
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Conjuring Arts has two booklets on Jumbo Cards.

They are currently half price as a "quarantine special"

Here are links:
https://store.conjuringarts.org/product/......jamison/

https://store.conjuringarts.org/product/......-abbott/

While there browse the free books as part of the "quarantine specials"

Regards,
Phil
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Thank you for your post.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I have a set that I can perform both with jumbo cards and poker cards. I start with Small Triumph by Nobuyuki Nojima from Asian Astonishments by Steve Marshall. Be sure to soap the cards, otherwise, proper handling may be impossible. I use the same cards for EZ Oil and Water from Nathan Kranzo's Easy Card Magic.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2020, Alan Munro wrote:
I have a set that I can perform both with jumbo cards and poker cards. I start with Small Triumph by Nobuyuki Nojima from Asian Astonishments by Steve Marshall. Be sure to soap the cards, otherwise, proper handling may be impossible. I use the same cards for EZ Oil and Water from Nathan Kranzo's Easy Card Magic.

I have my eye on Kranzo's Easy Card Magic... Haven't bought it yet. What's your verdict? In addition to EZ Oil and Water what would you say are the gems?

Thanks!
Phil
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
496 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Easy Canasta is quite good.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Mark Wilson's Complete Course has a section on Jumbo cards.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, docguitarman wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2020, Alan Munro wrote:

I have my eye on Kranzo's Easy Card Magic... Haven't bought it yet. What's your verdict? In addition to EZ Oil and Water what would you say are the gems?

Thanks!
Phil

EZ Oil and Water grabbed me right away. The other stuff didn't grab me, but that may change. I just have so much card material, that I stopped looking for more, for now.