The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Leather Chop Cup By TCC PRESENTS (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
I purchased this Chop Cup right near the beginning of the TCC Kickstarter Campaign - still NOTHING has arrived. This is starting to get ridiculous - promised for May, turned into June, which turned into July and now we are nearly 3 weeks into August. I did email TCC about this, but they did not answer my email.
Not too sure that I will back TCC on Kickstarter again.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
994 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Seems to be more of a postal issue rather than a production issue.
Did you check your tracking?
Try sending them a private message on KS or post on their TCC FB group.

I'll probably be backing most things they come up with, provided my wallet can afford it. Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
I was backer #39. I received the cup and accessories yesterday, August 17 via the USPS. I am based in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It was worth the wait!
griz326
View Profile
Regular user
Eureka, Montana
129 Posts

Profile of griz326
I was Backer #412 and received my package yesterday. At first glance, it appears the cup is missing the metal shim or that there are no magnetic balls. More investigation today.
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
Dear backers of the TCC Leather Chop cup,

We have posted the latest Update #8 on the Kickstarter page. All the orders for the Leather Chop Cups have been shipped and should be on their way to you.

If delivery is not possible, we may request an alternative delivery address, or we will issue a refund (We will contact you separately if this is the case).

For those that have received their SF tracking numbers, you may try the below site (recommended by one of our backers) to track your package. https://www.17track.net/en

For those who have messaged us for their missing tracking numbers, we will reply ASAP.

As noted from the many comments & messages here as well as on social media, many backers have already received their Leather Chop Cups are extremely happy with what they have received.

Also, based on the many requests that we have received and checked, the majority of the packages are already at the destination countries.

We do appreciate your patience and assure you that it will be worth the wait.

Regards,
TCC Team
[Best way to reach us is to leave a private message via Kickstarter, and the team will get back to you)
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
59 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
I received my order today. I was backer 487. The order was complete and everything was in great shape. I am VERY pleased with the order and I would back them again. Just remember to be patient. Shipping is not the same as it once was. Thanks for the order! I love it!
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
I received my order too (in Italy) and I am quite impressed by the quality of the products.
Please note that the balls are quite solid and heavy, so it is advisable to operate on a soft surface or the ball "dislodgement" could be heard.
For those of you interested in sizes, I am reporting the diameters I measured.
Balls: 28mm
Cup bottom: 56mm (external)
Cup mouth at the top: 74mm (external), 64mm (internal)
Cup height: 91mm
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
241 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I was backer #14 and still have not received mine. I contacted Jack multiple times. Apparently mine was sent back. Jack has since sent me a new tracking number. As of today it still says it is in New York. Really hoping to get this soon. Jack has always been very quick in responding to my questions.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I'm still waiting for mine too. My original shipment was apparently blocked because of an issue with the magnets. They sent me a new tracking number and I was excited to see that the package was finally moving and I watched it progress to being delivered to Arizona. I live in Oregon. I'm guessing they gave me the wrong tracking number. I've asked for an update and was told someone will get in touch with me.

-Brian
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
After waiting and getting nothing, I finally got the USPS tracking number. I reached out to USPS an found that the package was lost. I filled out the paperwork for a lost package, but was told not to hold my breath. That was two weeks ago. I also sent TTC an email last week but no reply. I guess I'm out the money and I paid extra for the cups and ball set as well. Hope TTC can help.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
My cups finally arrived last week so I hope yours make it too. They are very nice.

-Brian

Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Geoff Pfeiffer wrote:
After waiting and getting nothing, I finally got the USPS tracking number. I reached out to USPS an found that the package was lost. I filled out the paperwork for a lost package, but was told not to hold my breath. That was two weeks ago. I also sent TTC an email last week but no reply. I guess I'm out the money and I paid extra for the cups and ball set as well. Hope TTC can help.
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, ekins wrote:
My cups finally arrived last week so I hope yours make it too. They are very nice.

-Brian

Glad to hear that they arrived. Thank you for your support.
TCC Magic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of TCC Magic
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Geoff Pfeiffer wrote:

Hi Geoff,

Could you please send us an email (service@tccpresents) or private message via Kickstarter? We might not always be on the Café.

October 1 - October 7 is China's National day holidays. All of our colleagues have returned home for the holidays. So we are unable to provide timely after-sales service or reply to any other messages, we will attend to your message after the holidays.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Roy
TCC TEAM.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
994 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Https://youtu.be/htfQZO1tdd8

Follow up video re TCC Leather Chop cup
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
Yin-howe, great video! Thanks for sharing.

I had my set lost in the mail, but TCC is working on this. I sure hope I get it soon.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Hi all,

I have uploaded a video review of the Leather Chop Cup.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Thank you Alex, very comprehensive, this is a prop that I failed to get at kickstarter.
One small comment, when providing dimensions, say centimeters, not cm, cm is just an abreviation when writing.
Pablo
jeffbrent
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of jeffbrent
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
Thank you Alex, very comprehensive, this is a prop that I failed to get at kickstarter.
One small comment, when providing dimensions, say centimeters, not cm, cm is just an abreviation when writing.
Pablo

Alex, if you want to say cm we all get what you are talking about. We all know it's centimeters. Like everyone. Thank you for the excellent review.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Remember that Karol Fox pointed out in one of his books that you can do a chop cup without the chop.
Thay made him President of the IBM.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I just got this cup a few weeks ago and it is the second one I have bought and at $45 how can you go wrong?

https://youtu.be/HdKYUyn0sOg