The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Closed (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Just noticed on the Tenyo Elite site that they have closed. Too bad, they had a great vision and released a number of very nice pieces.

cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I wonder if their Space Towers ever got released. It looked nice.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Check this topic. Looks like it was released but not much chatter about it from buyers.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=259
Where the magic begins
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Thanks for reminding members of that thread Dave.

I find it somewhat frustrating that Tenyo Elite could not continue but I am sure there were many reasons for that.

Did I like every release they had? Absolutely not! That being said, they did some excellent releases and I am a proud owner of those and will enjoy having them in my collection.

Please remember the following...

* They did what appeared to be the impossible. They made a Zig Zag Cig out of wood!

* They made the so very popular and difficult to acquire (without paying a fortune) Ultra Tube available and in a quite nice version made of wood!

* They took Moonspinner which looked like a cheap toy and released it as a professional looking prop!

* Their swan song was a handsome looking wood version of Space Towers!

So, there you have it! They can walk away proud of the few but very worthwhile Tenyo Elite releases which did justice to popular Tenyo props.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your kind words!

On behalf of my partners Steve Brooks and Jason Palter we want to thank everyone for their patronage and support over the last 12 years we ran Tenyo Elite.

Tenyo Elite was a labor of love for us, however it is a corporation business and required a lot of maintenance and upkeep, and required a lot of professional services like accountants, translators, book keepers and lawyers etc., and the 3 of us are all really busy outside of Tenyo Elite to keep up with it all.

Jason has his Paltergeist magic company plus he now runs a successful Hypnosis business, and I run Master of Illusions Entertainment, plus I recently opened a professional fireworks display company called L&L Fireworks which the two companies consume pretty much all my time now, and Steve of course has the Magic Café plus a ton of other projects on the go, and we simply don’t have the time to give to the company that it deserves. We were having to sacrifice time with family and friends just to keep Tenyo Elite going and it just was not worth it anymore. So at this point the 3 of us must move on.

We did just finish a beautiful prototype of the Tenyo Paddle Collection, and this was going to be our final release but we have decided not to spend the time to release this for reasons above.

We are very proud of our Tenyo Elite accomplishments and the quality of the products we released and hope everyone who is lucky enough to own them that you cherish them and enjoy them for years to come!

Thank you to Tenyo Japan for being so awesome to work with over the years and of course thanks to all of you for coming along on this journey with us and for being so supportive!

See you all on the flip side!

Best wishes,

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Sorry to hear that. You had some great releases.

It is unfortunate you did not release the paddle collection. I am sure it would have been your best seller.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Peter for the background, it was definitely a passion project for you guys and you did some great work. I really enjoyed the afternoon we had with the team looking at Tenyo and playing with my collection. Hope our paths cross again one day.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
My sincere gratitude to you Peter and the entire Tenyo Elite team. You did what few of us dare to do, which is pursue a dream and make it real, and that reality was enjoyed by all of us.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Sorry to hear the news Peter and the rest of the Tenyo Elite gang. Thanks for your hard work. I know this was really a labor of love and more about that than about making $$. In the end, there are only so many hours in the day and sometimes you need to make these kinds of tough decisions. I appreciate all that you all have done and maybe one day maybe things will settle down for all three of you so you all can bring it back again.

Charlie