The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32 [Next]
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2021, otreboR wrote:

Thanks. I've seen this one, but only need 1 die and vibration is good enough for me.
If moving a die in a fist from behind your back to the front gives a vibration, it's good enough for a which hand routine.
Does anyone know if this is the case?

I don't know, but it's easy to tell them to bring out one hand palm down in front of them, do whatever fake reading you'll do to "discern if it's in that hand or not", act like you know, ask them to turn their hand palm up (either get your vibration or know it's in the other hand), and then tell them to "open your hand and show the die." or "open your hand and show that it's not there."
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
[quote]On Sep 9, 2020, RodrigoGrando wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, Christopher Williams wrote:
Does anyone know of the best place to learn routines for this? I know a couple come on the instructions, but aside from the 'Here are some dice, roll them and I will tell you what number is on them', I would be keen to see some routine/performance ideas

Thanks

I can think of routines based on a single die with choices 1-6. Having 6 different outs (six packs of stacked decks, 6 envelopes with predictions) with, say, front left pocket, front right pocket, back left, back right, front breast, left breast and so on. Six outs is pretty easy. The number on the die leads to something else. Does this make sense?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Read three minds. Do a color reading. Do a tossed out die. Do you have red? No Do you have red? Next. I think you have red. Oh, and b y the way the number was....6? Next one, is your number 4 No oh that's right I'm seeing number 3. Oh and by the way the other guy has 4 and your die is white? Blah blah blah.

This is more of a tool you can jazz with and improvise.

Man there are so many things to do with these. Use your noggin.
Byoungmagic
View Profile
New user
Illinois
15 Posts

Profile of Byoungmagic
I just got my Mental Dice and have to say I love them and they will immediately go into my shows.
I’ve had the other mental dice and this set is by far my favorite!
They are much easier to work with, more durable, and look amazing.
I personally layer tricks in my routines and these dice already have me writing new scripts for routines!
Please do not order them! I want them all for myself! Smile
majikandy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of majikandy
Hi,
Can anyone help!
I purchase the set 2nd hand today from a seller on eBay (100% rating) and whereas the red and blue have charged perfectly, the white won’t even connect ( even though the charger suggests it’s charged - green led stops blinking). After it doesn’t connect I put it back on the charger and the green led starts blinking again.

Does anyone have a solution?
I’ve sent a message to the seller, and also Murphys ( not sure they’ll help as it’s 2nd hand).
I’m guessing I MAY have to go down the eBay / PayPal refund route if it can’t be solved
majikandy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of majikandy
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, majikandy wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone help!
I purchase the set 2nd hand today from a seller on eBay (100% rating) and whereas the red and blue have charged perfectly, the white won’t even connect ( even though the charger suggests it’s charged - green led stops blinking). After it doesn’t connect I put it back on the charger and the green led starts blinking again.

Does anyone have a solution?
I’ve sent a message to the seller, and also Murphys ( not sure they’ll help as it’s 2nd hand).
I’m guessing I MAY have to go down the eBay / PayPal refund route if it can’t be solved

UPDATE: I’ve solved it. It seems the secret is to plug the receiver in, power it up still plugged in, then shake the dice. That worked all three now show up on the display..

I’m told there’s a trouble solving section on the instructions, but I don’t know where that is. It doesn’t show on the front menu??
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Never mind.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Where are the online instructions?! I watched them back when I purchased this but trying to go back to them and the website in the container of the dice just leads me to the product page...
Kieram Ecttori
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Kieram Ecttori
Hello My friends

I acquired the mental dice, I used it in 2 presentations. To my surprise when I went to use again 2 dice no longer hold battery charge. the blue doesn't even start. Could you let me know if it is possible to replace the batteries and how to proceed?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2022, Kieram Ecttori wrote:
Hello My friends

I acquired the mental dice, I used it in 2 presentations. To my surprise when I went to use again 2 dice no longer hold battery charge. the blue doesn't even start. Could you let me know if it is possible to replace the batteries and how to proceed?

Welcome to the Café. You need to Read this whole thread if you own these. The answers are here for you.
sashko
View Profile
New user
Russian Federation.
14 Posts

Profile of sashko
Hallo, friends.
This is an amazing product.
I was shocked when my package came to life and sounded and I can't at first figure out how to repeat the melody from the lid.

I inserted the display into the bottom of the stock and the excuse for looking continuously at the display directly in front of the attendants' audience was that I shuffled the cards.
when you shuffle the cards, it becomes obvious that your eyes are down on your hands (cards and a box with a display).

later, I can ask the viewer to put the cube in his hands (between 2 palms) shake, mix and open one palm.

I show this movement on my hands with the words

"Look at the number."
and I look at my hands (display).
This is the most daring and justified method.

his props, which came to me across the planet and was on the road for more than 2 months.
$410 ohh and hard logistics

i did capacity tests
display 79-100 mAh
cubes 68-80 mAh

the display in standby mode is discharged after 6-7 hours completely

I would be very grateful
see other users' battery capacity test results

Thanks!
drbucko99
View Profile
New user
Chino Hills, CA
1 Post

Profile of drbucko99
[quote]On Sep 2, 2022, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2022, Kieram Ecttori wrote:
Hello My friends

Any luck getting a replacement? I also have 2 dead dice :-(
Dovetray
View Profile
New user
PA
4 Posts

Profile of Dovetray
Jumping on this one, I purchased Mental Dice a while back and only performed it once in my show. Then my white one basically would not charge at all. I contacted Murphy's on this, and they sent me a replacement. Now, this one also would not take a charge after a while, once again I contacted Murphy's on this matter, and this was back in August of 2022 still waiting for my replacement again. I have been told that the manufacturer is working on the issue. You would think before putting a product out that it would go through a rigorous test before hitting the magic community. I say be careful when purchasing electronic magic.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2022, Dovetray wrote:
Jumping on this one, I purchased Mental Dice a while back and only performed it once in my show. Then my white one basically would not charge at all. I contacted Murphy's on this, and they sent me a replacement. Now, this one also would not take a charge after a while, once again I contacted Murphy's on this matter, and this was back in August of 2022 still waiting for my replacement again. I have been told that the manufacturer is working on the issue. You would think before putting a product out that it would go through a rigorous test before hitting the magic community. I say be careful when purchasing electronic magic.

Have you received any update on the ongoing issue?
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
404 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Does anyone know when these will be available again?
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
No idea,waiting for a blue die for months...
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Dovetray
View Profile
New user
PA
4 Posts

Profile of Dovetray
PapaG, I just noticed your response on my comment on the Mental Dice. I still have not heard back from Murphy's on this issue.

Going to reach out to them again and see what response I get back.
Dovetray
View Profile
New user
PA
4 Posts

Profile of Dovetray
This is my update from my previous post.

So as of the other day, 12/27/22 I reached out to Murphy's on a white replacement dice as the one I have basically died. I have been told it's most likely 2 to 3 weeks before they see anything from the manufacturer.

I sure hope they resolved the battery issue.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I just ordered this. I'm STOKED!