The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32 [Next]
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
👍👍👍
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Like someone mentioned in another post "This is A Must Have Item" It Sure Is Insane just Incredible my mind is overflowing with ideas !
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
How long does it take to charge both dice and display from a completely dead state?

Sure wish manufacturers would include a printed “Quick Start Guide” with details like this along with electronic products.
Also, can they be overcharged? Is it safe to leave them on the charger for long periods of time?

Finding facts like this on a long video is tedious and they are typically are not included anyway because most magic instructional videos are produced by simply hitting record and then start talking. No notes, no script, and certainly no rehearsal. So a lot of info gets left out. Never understood why an art which so reveres practicing and rehearsal seems to think putting any forethought into an instructional video is a silly waste of time.

But of course producing a printed guide of important bullet points would cost them an extra penny from each sale and more importantly, possibly lose them sales from people who accidentally fry their product and then have to re-purchase.

And yes, this is a pet peeve of mind in case you couldn’t tell. GRRR!!!
But I would appreciate any answers to my questions regarding charging. Thank you. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, tophatter wrote:
Like someone mentioned in another post "This is A Must Have Item" It Sure Is Insane just Incredible my mind is overflowing with ideas !

I agree Tophatter, so many things you could incorporate this with. Definitely looking forward to using this on the near future.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Is the thumper available separately or do you have to buy it with another dice?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2020, ed wood wrote:
Is the thumper available separately or do you have to buy it with another dice?

Thumper is $149. Comes with free die.
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
We've come a long way since this thread was started with developments leading up to Marc Antoine's Kinetic Mental Dice which has received many plaudits. However, I think the ad copy, listing its advantages against the Anverdi product (in the manner favoured by competing insurance companies) is a tad disingenuous. As other contributors have already noted here, Mental Dice CAN be used for the 'which hand' effect and they CAN ALSO be used to identify a die's colour - just a little movement is needed.
Of course you need to be taking a peek at the time of such movement and various suggestions have been made about how to manage this. In my case, I have a lightweight padded nylon jacket with arms that have stretched over time. I now fold them over at the wrist which gives me a 2 1/2" pocket in which to hide the reader. Once correctly wedged into position, I don't need to touch it - simples.
I was tempted to buy Kinetic Mental Dice when it came out but on reflection, I think the Anverdi product meets all my needs.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
The kinetic mental die had many more features. Murphy’s has no app and because of how it’s setup that’s a massive downside android won’t be possible in the future.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Anyone in the market for a set of dice should consider Spotted Dice, which will start shipping in 1-2 weeks.

https://spotted-dice.info/

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Anyone happen to know if one set of Anverdi dice will work with 2 of the display units at the same time?

I’m curious if you had 2 sets of 3 dice and 2 display units, and you put one set of dice away and didn’t use them, would both of the displays show the outcome of the remaining dice simultaneously?

Perhaps a magic dealer has played around with multiple sets?
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
347 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Anyone in the market for a set of dice should consider Spotted Dice, which will start shipping in 1-2 weeks.

Mark

Has anybody seen/tried these yet and can give an idea how they compare to the Murphy's ones?
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2021, merlin1979 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark

Has anybody seen/tried these yet and can give an idea how they compare to the Murphy's ones?

I have. The spotted dice are much more reliable and have much wider functionality. Smile
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, maklakmak wrote:
We've come a long way since this thread was started with developments leading up to Marc Antoine's Kinetic Mental Dice which has received many plaudits. However, I think the ad copy, listing its advantages against the Anverdi product (in the manner favoured by competing insurance companies) is a tad disingenuous. As other contributors have already noted here, Mental Dice CAN be used for the 'which hand' effect and they CAN ALSO be used to identify a die's colour - just a little movement is needed.
Of course you need to be taking a peek at the time of such movement and various suggestions have been made about how to manage this. In my case, I have a lightweight padded nylon jacket with arms that have stretched over time. I now fold them over at the wrist which gives me a 2 1/2" pocket in which to hide the reader. Once correctly wedged into position, I don't need to touch it - simples.
I was tempted to buy Kinetic Mental Dice when it came out but on reflection, I think the Anverdi product meets all my needs.

How much movement do you have to do for a which hand routine?
Do you have to turn the fist around or is a small movement enough?
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
OtreboR a rotation of 45 degrees will do it (ie half of a right angle). Sounds a lot but if you move somone's hands apart with a slight twist it does not notice.
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2021, maklakmak wrote:
OtreboR a rotation of 45 degrees will do it (ie half of a right angle). Sounds a lot but if you move somone's hands apart with a slight twist it does not notice.

Thanks!
So if you tell your spectator to switch the die from hand to hand behind their back and tell the spectator to bring their left fist forward first for example, you know in which hand the die is in?
So the motion of bringing your fist from back to front or front to back, should give you a vibration?

I own "Sixth Sense 3.0", but if I can accomplish the same thing with "Mental Die" and even more, I don't have to carry different electronics.
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
OtreboR - Sixth Sense it is a quite different product. There is no vibration with Mental Dice. The prompts are visual.
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Maybe I am posting in the wrong thread, but there is a new version with only a single die and a receiver. (https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66222)
This receiver works with vibrations.
maklakmak
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of maklakmak
OtreboR - You want Marc-Antoine's Kinetic Mental Dice
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:

otreboR is correct - there has been, for a little while now, a new version of Mental Dice with a receiver that vibrates. It only comes with one die (choice of white or black) but the receiver works with the set of 3 dice if you've already bought a set.
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:

Thanks. I've seen this one, but only need 1 die and vibration is good enough for me.
If moving a die in a fist from behind your back to the front gives a vibration, it's good enough for a which hand routine.
Does anyone know if this is the case?