The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31~32 [Next]
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I just recieved mine. They are wonderful. I have only one complaint. They come in red, white and blue. If I were to write the numers down in the color of the dice, a white marker won't work on white paper (obviosly). This is not a big complaint, but something that they could change in the future.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Black dots = black pen. Solved it for you.
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
89 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
You could use black cardbord with colored pencils or a little blackboard with colored chalk...
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2020, Cebulon wrote:
You could use black cardbord with colored pencils or a little blackboard with colored chalk...

The blackboard with colored chalk would be a 😎 solution for me 👍
victors911
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of victors911
This is must have item!
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Red and blue don't show up well on a black board, especially in low light.

Using black dots makes things more complicated. Not worth it.

This is NOT a huge deal, but I don't see them working.

BTW, who uses chalk besides magicians? I am not a retro-magician. Need to look up-to-date.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2020, KC Cameron wrote:
Red and blue don't show up well on a black board, especially in low light

Use a business card that is white on the front and black on the back

Or something larger using the same principle, that should work ..
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
89 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
With regard to looking up-to-date I would propose a scribble/notepad app on your smartphone/tablet.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Magic Dust, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Cebulon, a tablet is too small for stage, which is what I was talking about. Sorry, I should have said that.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
For white, use black marker and make outline of number. The pad becomes the white.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Sponge, that is a good idea!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I now had several situations where the dice had no signal. I was completely lost and had to talk for a long time hoping that they get a signal again. I was able to save myself. But for a gig they are way too risky what I experienced. The distance today was about 1 meter and there was nothing. I told the spec to roll again and then the other die had no signal.

Maybe something is faulty with my set?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Sounds like interference from another device.

Did it work at a different location?
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have heard of this happening too, but I have not experienced it.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
When getting close to performing, be sure to turn the receiver on in advance and make sure all of the dice are responding. Then quickly press & release the receiver button to put everything to sleep. The dice stay connected but everything is in a low power mode. Another quick press of the button and everything is ready to go.

Using the sleep function, I've not had any issues with a die losing connection. Only when first turning them on (from complete power off) have I (a couple of times) had a die that didn't want to respond as quickly as the other two.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Thank you guys. I will try what Mark said. Sometimes they work well, sometimes they don’t. Maybe it’s a bit difficult when several people have their bluetooth activated?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Does anyone know of the best place to learn routines for this? I know a couple come on the instructions, but aside from the 'Here are some dice, roll them and I will tell you what number is on them', I would be keen to see some routine/performance ideas

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
227 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2020, Christopher Williams wrote:
Does anyone know of the best place to learn routines for this? I know a couple come on the instructions, but aside from the 'Here are some dice, roll them and I will tell you what number is on them', I would be keen to see some routine/performance ideas

Thanks

I really like this one by Timon Krause:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11805
"Tossed Out Die - Presentation involving 4 people and several (often darkly funny) additional reveals. Can also be used with a standard tossed out deck."
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Having Mental Die, decided to purchase Mental Dice, as Thumper has, for me, a distinct advantage over a need to p**k. I'll be performing this in conjunction with Magic Wagon's Mini Diceolation - spectator rolls dice under a hank to an unknown number. I hand Mini Diceolation box to him, to check uppermost number inside. He then removes hank, to discover he has rolled dice underneath to the same number. Incidentally, I perform fo pleasure, not income - although used to work for a number of years at Davenports, demonstrating & selling.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2020, Raymond42 wrote:
Having Mental Die, decided to purchase Mental Dice, as Thumper has, for me, a distinct advantage over a need to p**k. I'll be performing this in conjunction with Magic Wagon's Mini Diceolation - spectator rolls dice under a hank to an unknown number. I hand Mini Diceolation box to him, to check uppermost number inside. He then removes hank, to discover he has rolled dice underneath to the same number. Incidentally, I perform fo pleasure, not income - although used to work for a number of years at Davenports, demonstrating & selling.

Excellent idea!!