The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..30~31~32 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, John McLaughlin wrote:
I’m going through all 13 pages of comments and don’t know if this has been asked and answered, but has anyone found a source for replica dice to give away when the need presents itself?

Thanks

See Steven's message above. I have a set of those Amazon-sourced white dice arriving today. It will be interesting to see how well they match the Anverdi white die.

That said, somewhere in this thread one of the employees at Murphy's Magic commented that Murphy's will (eventually) be offering ordinary dice that are an exact match to the Anverdi dice. No timetable was given.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
I own the 3 dice linked to on Amazon. They are a very close match but not absolutely identical.
However, I think they are definitely close enough that they should easily fly by spectators, especially with a little time delay.
Also, your chances will obviously be better if they aren’t allowed to see both styles at the same time.
A shuttle pass could be a little risky but likely won’t be a problem with some misdirection.

But keep in mind that “close enough” is subjective. Some might say that no spectator would ever notice a switch while another might say a spec would have to be blind not to notice. But my guess is that most would agree with me. It actually could be considered a benefit that they are not identical so you can easily tell them apart once you know what to look for.

However, it would be nice if Murphy’s releases reasonably priced identical ones although I worry I might accidentally hand out the wrong one.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2019, John McLaughlin wrote:
I’m going through all 13 pages of comments and don’t know if this has been asked and answered, but has anyone found a source for replica dice to give away when the need presents itself?

Thanks

Blue: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011WHL4Y
White: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CEFNP6
Red: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011WMADQ

I received the White dice linked above. The Amazon dice are more of a flat white (the Anverdi Mental Dice are glossy), the pips are smaller on the Amazon dice, AND... the Amazon dice are smaller in diameter.

I measure the Amazon dice at 15.5mm (give or take a smidgeon) and I measure the Anverdi Mental Dice at about 16.5mm. You'd think a 1mm difference wouldn't be noticeable but I feel the difference is quite noticeable.

Mark
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hello All -

We will be releasing the exact set without electronic components as "Giveaway Dice".
They will be available very soon and have a very cool method to tell them apart.

Patrick
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Hi Patrick, that's good news.

How about a vibration thumper?
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Hi Mark

Thank you for your efforts here. The photos have helped a lot - is really a very beautiful product.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
ferrissteve
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of ferrissteve
Quote:

This was previously covered/touched upon. Basically it seems the general consensus is the dice shouldn't be front and center BUT used in conjunction with a routine.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
GoDice work via Bluetooth and transmit to an application on your smartphone or tablet. So, here's a tip... When performing with Mental Dice, don't have a smartphone or tablet (or smartwatch) anywhere near the area you are performing.

Further, if/when the Anverdi thumper receiver comes along, the magician/mentalist could even be blindfolded. Heck, he could be naked (except for socks and shoes) and blindfolded. He could even be without socks and shoes if he was willing to get really creative with placement of the thumper! Smile

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, paw wrote:
Hello All -

We will be releasing the exact set without electronic components as "Giveaway Dice".
They will be available very soon and have a very cool method to tell them apart.

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick! My hope is that all 3 colors will be available and that Murphy's will package them for retail in packs of a dozen, 4 of each color.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Here's photos of how I placed the receiver in a Bicycle tuck box.

Mark
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
GoDice work via Bluetooth and transmit to an application on your smartphone or tablet. So, here's a tip... When performing with Mental Dice, don't have a smartphone or tablet (or smartwatch) anywhere near the area you are performing.

Further, if/when the Anverdi thumper receiver comes along, the magician/mentalist could even be blindfolded. Heck, he could be naked (except for socks and shoes) and blindfolded. He could even be without socks and shoes if he was willing to get really creative with placement of the thumper! Smile

Mark

If people were willing to study up on some escapology concealment techniques you could probably do it nude with the visual display as its small enough and with John Archers Blindfold DVD you could work out a way of doing this blindfolded and nude - personally I am 99% sure NO ONE will want to see me nude - so I will have LOADS of missdirection! LOL
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Time to move downstairs?
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Although I haven't yet got these, the thread itself is fascinating with some great insights and learning.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I AGREE!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks for all the exposure...
I've asked to be banned
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
The exposure started when the trailer was released Smile
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Magicians: god I hate magicians revealing methods on youtube and websites

Also magicians: this !@#$%^& atrocious 13 pages!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2019, paw wrote:
Hello All -

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick! My hope is that all 3 colors will be available and that Murphy's will package them for retail in packs of a dozen, 4 of each color.

Mark

Have to admit that I find the sudden interest in regular matching dice rather amusing because just a week or two back right before this Murphy’s product was released I asked about the availability of matching giveaway dice in the other Mental Dice by Marc Antoine thread, and the only responses I received asked why in the world I would need any, that over-proving is silly, I was running without being chased, and that matching dice were unnecessary.

But I know from using PM's Real Die that it’s nice to be able to leave the die with specs in certain situations and also I just like leaving mementos sometimes. On a couple of occasions I’ve even left them “accidentally” as if I just forgot them. So I’m very pleased that Murphy’s will be releasing matching giveaway dice soon. I just hope they are not prohibitively expensive. But the fact that Patrick from Murphy’s is referring to them as giveaway dice leads me to believe they will be on the cheaper side.