The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..16..20..24..28..30~31~32 [Next]
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
You would know today is the one day this week that my postman is running behind. Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Looking forward to the pictures and first impression Bob
ferrissteve
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of ferrissteve
Mine showed up and I have to say its quite impressive. It does what the videos all indicate. I just hope that it doesn't get overused and blasted all over youtube in the coming weeks. Though given the price point I'm hoping that it'll keep it out of the mildly curious types. Guess time will tell.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I'm waiting for my triggers for my studio strobes to recharge. In the meantime, a couple of quick photos shot with my iPhone.

Mark
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The effect is old I wouldn’t worry about YouTube I have been using a Promystic real die and it’s predecessors from day one for over a decade and no one has a clue to the method . The thumper is way better than a visual receiver imo though . Plus Promystic works from 100 feet away if needed Gaz 🙂
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Misleading representation of the die on the packaging : I doubt they are translucent.

R.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
It will be interesting to hear how people are getting their p**k from the receiver unit? Palmed? In a hollowed pad or card box?

I agree with what Gaz said above.

I also agree with my friend Jan's wisdom.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
The go dice is a bit of a concern if this type of smart dice becomes commonplace or they start being included in Mc Donald happy meals.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, saysold1 wrote:

...I also agree with my friend Jan's wisdom.

As do I.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Unboxed and played with (a little). The quality is OUTSTANDING! These dice look and feel 100% like dice you’d get with a board game. Nothing fishy looking or feeling about them whatsoever. I’m super impressed with everything (including the packaging surprise).

Photos later. Out to dinner with magician friends.

Mark
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Pardon me if this question has been asked. Before spending hundreds of dollars, is this something where there is a battery in the dice and one day those batteries are going to go bad?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, 1KJ wrote:
Pardon me if this question has been asked. Before spending hundreds of dollars, is this something where there is a battery in the dice and one day those batteries are going to go bad?

Of course, all batteries die eventually. Not sure if there is a warranty with these or not. Now if there is no warranty and these die within a year or less that will suck. But if they last 3 years I’m okay with that. Electronic dice may be commonplace by then anyway. If I loved the effect and wanted to purchase a replacement set, I would.

So many things can change in a couple of years so personally I wouldn’t worry about it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
The postman was nice enough to bring me both my Anverdi dice and Instacube from Henry Harrius today. So it was a good day.

As others have said, the dice are very nice. I just wish they would have included 3 sentences of written instructions so I could begin playing with them immediately. I would think that simply turning on the receiver display would bring them all to life but mine aren’t. Maybe I need to charge before using. Again, a couple sentences could save me having to immediately watch the video which unfortunately I don’t have time to do right now.

First impressions are they are very nice. In all honesty, I wish these were twice the price. At $600 USD it would keep them out of a lot more hands.

Even have my matching dice to switch out already. They’re not identical but I think with some time delay they will fly by fine.
PS - Before you ask why on Earth would I ever want to switch them out, there’s no need, etc., please read the Mental Dice by Marc Antoine thread. Plus, Jan Forster used to switch them and hand them out, so there.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I received Murphy's Mental Dice. A lot has already been said about this new release, so I will wrap up my initial thoughts in just a few sentence.

I found the overall quality, design & workmanship of the product to be excellent. I can see that a lot of thinking/brainstorming has gone into designing of the prop(s) with regards to their ease of use. Thus far I have found the prop to work perfectly as it should. I find NO negatives with regard to the props as well as in its working. IMO this is one rare electronic based magic prop that has been designed PERFECT in all respect.

For all those on the fence, I would highly recommend the Mental Dice by Anverdi. You will be happy that you did. Smile IMO this prop is worth much more than the asking price.

Just MY opinion.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2019, videoman wrote:
The postman was nice enough to bring me both my Anverdi dice and Instacube from Henry Harrius today. So it was a good day.

As others have said, the dice are very nice. I just wish they would have included 3 sentences of written instructions so I could begin playing with them immediately. I would think that simply turning on the receiver display would bring them all to life but mine aren’t. Maybe I need to charge before using. Again, a couple sentences could save me having to immediately watch the video which unfortunately I don’t have time to do right now.

First impressions are they are very nice. In all honesty, I wish these were twice the price. At $600 USD it would keep them out of a lot more hands.

Even have my matching dice to switch out already. They’re not identical but I think with some time delay they will fly by fine.
PS - Before you ask why on Earth would I ever want to switch them out, there’s no need, etc., please read the Mental Dice by Marc Antoine thread. Plus, Jan Forster used to switch them and hand them out, so there.

When I unboxed mine and turned on the receiver, only the White die had sufficient charge to work. But after charging them all on the inductive charging pad for 15 minutes they all worked fine.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Murphy's Magic Anverdi Mental Dice are absolutely outstanding. The dice are indistinguishable from ordinary gaming dice. When clicked together or rolled on a hard surface they sound exactly like dice you'd use for Yahtzee or other games. There is absolutely NOTHING that is "suspicious" about them. They are so darn identical to ordinary dice, magicians will need to take care that they don't accidentally misplace them or that someone doesn't grab one as a souvenir.

I've posted 11 high quality photos of Anverdi's Mental Dice to my photo website here:

https://www.thephotobooth.net/Magic/Anve......-T5bfdZ/

The gallery is password protected (and hidden from search engines). The current password is: Iwant2C

Please note that I will be changing that password sometime on Saturday, December 14, 2019. If the above password does not work, sent me a PM to request the new one. I won't be posting the password publicly after the first 24 hours or so.

A note about my photos.... The first 8 photos were taken using studio strobes. In order to get the numbers on the receiver to show up in the photo, I turned off the strobes (and just used incandescent lighting) for the final 3 photos. That's why there's a slight difference in the color of the dice in the last 3 photos. The first 8 photos are the most accurate with regard to color. (All photos have been manually white balanced.)

I am very very pleased with my purchase. Thank you, Murphy's Magic!

Mark
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Nice and well thought out photos. The photos are quite important as it shows the size ratio between the Dice and the Receiver. Thus giving the buyer a fairly good idea about the size of the props.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Thanks. Yes, I placed a quarter and half dollar in one of the photos to provide a reference to scale.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The range of Anverdi Mental Dice is amazing. At 30 feet and THROUGH TWO WALLS (standard wood frame/drywall construction) the receiver consistently displayed the correct roll of the dice. Only when I moved the receiver and dice apart by more than 31-32 feet (again, through two walls) did the receiver start to lose signal. Even at 35 feet it was able to pick up the signal from the dice but the numbers were flickering in and out. If the walls were removed from the equation I suspect the signal would easily reach 40 feet. I'd test it, but I don't have a large enough house to separate them by 40 feet without walls. Smile

Very very impressive! You can literally go into the next room while the spectators are rolling the dice.

Mark
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Been playing with mine a little...so cool!!!, packaging as well!! cant wait to do the dream lunch effect...thats gonna floor people I suspect..all in all VERY satisfied with my purchase