The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo 2020 (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Look who's talking... Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
John that's not true. However the 2023 Tenyo releases look great and the Magic Wagon Mini Levitation will be killer! ;-)
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
LOL!!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
And John - YOU field the questions on those two releases please . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I reviewed Super Prediction Card back in October - cheap paper koran deck with a multiple out envelope. Hocus Pocus has it in stock, they told me this week it's getting a lot of buzz. I know Hocus Pocus has the 2020 line up in the warehouse right now, but the english instructional videos are not currently on the tenyo site yet. Heard closer to mid-November.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Super Prediction has english instructions up and they are excellent. There is a bonus routine not using the envelope. It is not cheap cardstock nor is the envelop[e bad. In fact it is all great IMHO. That said, it's a 4 way Koran deck but it is also M@#$ed on the back very smartly so you can do some extra miracles with it.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
IMHO, the six Tenyo releases for 2020 are the best lot in quite some time. I see two of them in particular as good old fashioned unique Tenyo creations and delightfully clever.

Not thrilled with all six but that is a matter of taste more than how good they are if you know what I mean.

For me, this is the most interesting releases since the parallel mentalism lot which Tenyo released in 2016. I liked those better than the traditional releases for that year.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Agree these are serious and strong. Most important they open the world of some deeper concepts to new and young future magicians.
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
I got in on a presale of all 5 new tricks plus super prediction card. I should be getting them anyday. yes I have tracking their in USA LOL
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Any comments about the "Miracle Fishing" release? The demo looks pretty good IMHO.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, Recoplon wrote:
Any comments about the "Miracle Fishing" release? The demo looks pretty good IMHO.

Over the years, there have been many versions of it released. Tenyo decided to release it as their Worlds Greatest Magic contribution.

Tenyo has not included any new revelations but do provide the message card concept which they have done in the past with other releases.

That and the deck releases serve as a way to introduce some classics to those new to magic which I believe StarManager was suggesting in his last post here.

If you do not own a version of Miracle Fishing, I suggest that you acquire it.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, papawemba wrote:
Pictures in attachment...
Looking for the magic pad, great for kids.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBSNC2nU8AAlBAq.jpg

Nicolas

It amazes me that the native language does not have a word for "new" - I get that numbers are the same (unless written as words) but I would have thought new was translateable?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I have never been able to like the lassoing of a card in a bag thing. Just looks and feels unnatural to me.
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
The Note A Bill looks almost like a Camera Trick! Does anyone have this yet and does it play just like the video trailer?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, StarManager wrote:
I have never been able to like the lassoing of a card in a bag thing. Just looks and feels unnatural to me.

Not something I ever wanted to perform in the past as well but somehow, because Tenyo put one out, I will have a go at it at least a couple of times.

That notebook effect did not appeal to me at first but after seeing how versatile it is, I kind of like it better now.

The bottom line is that I always buy all of Tenyos new releases so will try to have some fun with my new Tenyo magic toys.

Funny thing about Tenyo tricks, at least for me, is that my opinion of them keeps changing until I eventually settle on my final opinion of each one. Watching a great demo also helps to form my opinions.
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I have found that I'm not always a great judge of the quality of Tenyo tricks. There are some tricks that I did not think much of but when I came up with a story and showed the trick to people, they really enjoyed it. Other times, there have been tricks that I thought were really cool but the audience did not. I really feel that how the audience responds is a good evaluation of the trick. Personally, I buy nearly all Tenyo just to check it out. Not all winners but there have been enough great ones over the years to make it worthwhile. I'm sure I'll get all of this year's lineup as well.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2019, StarManager wrote:
Super Prediction has english instructions up and they are excellent. There is a bonus routine not using the envelope. It is not cheap cardstock nor is the envelop[e bad. In fact it is all great IMHO. That said, it's a 4 way Koran deck but it is also M@#$ed on the back very smartly so you can do some extra miracles with it.

I am wondering why all of the demos released so far only show the main effect. It is a really good one but if the deck is capable of other things, you would think that, in particular, the official Tenyo demo would show at least one of them.

In the past, I remember demos from Tenyo of their trick decks having more than a single effect.

Any thoughts on this?
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
I ordered them all except Miracle Fishing. Really happy with this years tricks.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, JOurneyjoe wrote:
The Note A Bill looks almost like a Camera Trick! Does anyone have this yet and does it play just like the video trailer?

Yeah, it's a clever mechanism that uses principles of an old optical illusion (OTL). You need to practice this a bit in front of the mirror but actually the device does most of the work for you.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Each year I buy 3 or 4 tenyo amd I'm very happy with my choices this year.

4D cross. My favourite, one object passes thru an identical object in an impossibly small frame. In the spirit of the original crossroads. Ill let that sink in for you.

Notepad. Very convincing illusion and useful reveal. Uses a familiar principle.

The gravity. Cant wait to try it. Unusual and not what your thinking even if you cant see why youre thinking it from the demo

Very happy.