The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rectangles and pentagons and squares, oh my! :: Origami Stuff (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
In the past several years of being a member here, I've never seen this section of the Café.

Anyhoo, I love origami, and if there are any fellow folders out there who'd like to talk about cool stuff they've made, or for anyone who wants to learn, give me a holler!

Here's one of my creations, made from a single, uncut square:

Click here to view attached image.
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
Wow that looks really cool! Smile
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Posting/talking about paper folding - several times when performing at a party for a Japanese Family, my pay was in a folded paper origami type package. never tear the paper, it's an insult, as it's part of the gift/presentation.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I learned my first basic origami folds from family and friends (like the "Fortune Teller/Salt Cellar" and of course paper airplanes if those can be considered origami), then more elaborate folds from Joseph Leeming's _Fun with Paper_--and graduated to books by Samuel Randlett and Lillian Oppenheimer. I have yet to create any original figures of my own. However, I won third place in the Close-Up Contest at the 1977 IBM convention with a routine involving a paper puppet. That routine got a nice comment from Bill Larsen when he reviewed the convention in _GENII_.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez