The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Shoes- Best Wardrobe Tip I Ever Got! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
About a decade ago I attended a conference and Barry Mitchell was included. In it he spoke of the importance of a good pair of shoes, one that complimented your image and that you wore only during performances. About 9 years later I realized he was right... I could not find what I wanted but had them custom made overseas (yes I know, a risk, right?). They were most expensive piece of wardrobe I've ever purchased (over 200) but an investment that pays off every time I walk in to a venue. Don't forget the shoes! Thanks, Barry. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Agreed. One of my theatre teachers, when my class was working on monologues with her, said to find the shoes. I think she said to start with the shoes. In keeping with, "Walk a mile in my shoes." The shoes are foundational, rooted, and will affect the way you move. The rest of the clothes will help you get into character, too, but shoes do need to be considered significant.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I always have a brand new set of shoes only to be worn indoors ready to go...never set up, unload a show in your performing gear.. in my case I only work Corporate.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Definitely get great shoes. And have your shoes fitted or even bespoke is worth every penny you spend.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1160 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I ordered a pair of wholecut oxfords on Ebay, made in Pakistan. They're called bespoke, but I only gave them my usual size and width. Beautiful, comfortable, Goodyear welt. Wear them only in shows. Under $200 USD https://youtu.be/OqBxAfQ7SMs?si=Kq8d2rMuljuhOhck