The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: Old dog. Keeps at it. (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
Hello,

Just comments on learning new things. I'm of the sort that can entertain "odd" hobbies. Not all can. Too bad for them. A few weeks ago I told some friends that I was going to learn to juggle. -Sour faces.
All be told, I'm not spring chicken, hence the response. Coming-up on 50, and well ya know, should act like it. Anyhow; up to a solid 3-ball cascade. I could do 8 or 9 tosses in my 20s. A few "one handed", but never felt satisfied then. Always bugged me.
I'm looking to get 4 or 5 balls and maintain. I'd like to add 3 clubs and maybe a unicycle. Problem is...I find it satisfying! The persistence of practice has had lateral effects outside juggling. When cooking, I'm a little more efficient. Doing laundry, a bit more crisp. In the past when something fell off the table, I'd just let it go. The other day, I snatched a coin in-air, that someone dropped unexpectedly.
I'm not saving the world or anything, but I have to conclude, juggling makes you better!
I think you get some "cardio" and exercise. I haven't heard it said, but my arms/shoulders WILL burn after 5 minutes or so. I have a tendency to hold my breath, but I'm sure time will fix that. Godspeed to you all and thanks for sharing.
D~
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
Lucky7
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Lucky7
Hey Donny

Did you manage to achieve your goals posted here ? (4 balls, 5 balls, clubs, unicycle ?)