The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine :: Magicana: The Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Hi Richard,

In your latest email, I saw that a new book, "Magicana: The Book" by Charlie Miller is coming out later this year.

I assume it will contain Charlie's columns from the magazine. Could you provide any additional information to what was in the email? Will it contain additional photos or illustrations?

Thanks!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I would also like to hear more about it as my sub is up in August. Will this be fairly similar to the Vernon Touch Book?
Any other info on it will be appreciated. Also, any other book incentives due for near future release? It seems once the Vernon book was out there, it has been the only choice where there used to be a couple choices. Thanks in advance.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I only look at the threads for Genii once a month, hence the delay in replying.
The Magicana book will contain all of the Charlie Miller columns in Genii exactly as they originally appeared. It's exactly what it says it is. And it's going to be great.

We have no plans to reprint any of the earlier books published by Genii.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Richard.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Any update on the Magicana book?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

We lost the first batch of scans. Ugh. We are slowly redoing all the work.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2020, Richard Kaufman wrote:
We lost the first batch of scans. Ugh. We are slowly redoing all the work.

Well Richard, let me say the book was worth the wait. Mine arrived in the mail today. Magicana is truly a beautiful book with wonderful material (of course). As always Richard, great job!!!!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Well worth the wait. Got mine a day or two ago and like it much better than "The Vernon Touch" Actually. Very well put together and very nice looking pages. Almost like having a real magazine.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Received mine today, and it truly was worth the wait!

Richard Kaufman has given yet another gift to the magic world -- kudos!
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
942 Posts

Profile of andykean
I extended my subscription to Genii. This is a great deal even though international shipping to New Zealand is expensive and it takes a while.
So looking forward to it arriving in a few weeks?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thanks very much. Glad to hear you are all enjoying it!
Kid Oldman
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Kid Oldman
I got my copy a few months ago and it is gorgeous. A real treat for my coffee table.