The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Which Tenyo Elite is your favorite? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I am wondering which Tenyo Elite item you like the best and why.

For me, it would be Moonspinner because the original looked like cheap dull colored plastic and the Elite version is so much nicer looking and looks like a professional prop. In addition, the Elite version works much better by creating a much improved visual.

I would vote for Zig Zag Cig as the Elite which seemed impossible to successfully make out of wood. Quite an accomplishment!

I would vote for Ultra Tube as the Elite which made a very difficult Tenyo to acquire become available.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
A friend of mine decided one day to give up magic; he called me and told me that he was going to throw everything away if I didn't come to his house. One of the things he was going to trash as the Tenyo Elite Ultra Tube. I saved it from his trash heap. I took it and thought I would sell it on the Café. Never been a Tenyo fan. Then, I opened it and the other Tenyo stuff he gave me. The quality of the Ultra Tube is incredible. The case for it is top notch; everything about the Ultra Tube screams quality. I fell in love with Tenyo that day, and I think that love affair will last for life.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I can't believe anyone would throw away magic props. They usually hold quite a bit of their value, or increase, depending upon the rarity of the item. And so easy to resell.

Or at the very least, find a young magician at a local magic club and give the props away.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Wizard,

Brother, I hear you loud and clear. This gentleman was undergoing the worst time and was facing divorce and imprisonment for a really bad choice after performing at a bar that he frequented. He just did a dump of everything after that incident.. He was going to throw away Kuepper Morgan flippers, Kupper Morgan Shells, Ultratube Elite, Tenyo Eye of the Idol, Luber Fielder Tenyo items, framed magic posters, and a bunch of other nice items, including some incredible, expensive magic books. He had literally 5 rooms of his former house (which he sold at a loss) of magic. A lot of it was stuff from China that I was not fond of (you can read between the lines and no, I am not talking about Asian culture or Asian magic..both are awesome). I initially refused his offer.

I offered to sell it on the Café and give him all the proceeds to help out with hiring a quality defense lawyer. He said No and then begged me to take it or everything is going to the trash. He blamed magic for his predicament. He is pass that storm now, still is married, but has no interest in magic.

Just typing this up makes me sad..He was talented, a dedicated student of the art. Thanks to him, I had the pleasure of meeting Eugene Burger over the phone and performing an effect from over the phone from 1400 miles away.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Holy smokes! That is some story, but I guess I can understand wanting to just purge anything that can remind him of that event.

Can you elaborate a bit more on the incident? I'm curious, but if you can't I certainly understand.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Wizard,

Cannot say too much more... he is aware of the Café and been kicked off a few times.