The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, Waters. wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, erichoudini wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the Flux finger shell is malleable so that it will fit any finger snugly? As an owner of Silent Assistant I am concerned about fit and concealment. Thank you.
Eric.

The issue I have with Flux is the finger shell. It does not fit me well at all. It is not a universal fit.

While I can’t be absolutely sure, if the sensor is removed (obviously) and the the finger shell is placed in warm to hot water, it will likely make this more amenable to size adjustment. I haven’t done this but it should work.

Has anyone tried this?

Seems like that would work. I had mine in a vest pocket, and it held a bit of a bend just from siting there. The shell seems mailable enough to be shaped, but I haven’t intentionally tried.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
adrianfox
View Profile
New user
Southend, UK
6 Posts

Profile of adrianfox
Hi All - very interesting to read your thoughts about Flux which I've just ordered, but I have a quick question that you may be able to help with concerning the coin you need to use. Will any m******* coin work or does it need to be super strong? Any recommendations for a British coin? £2 preferably but I guess anything would do - the unit doesn't come with a coin as standard as far as I know. Thanks for your help.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, adrianfox wrote:
Hi All - very interesting to read your thoughts about Flux which I've just ordered, but I have a quick question that you may be able to help with concerning the coin you need to use. Will any m******* coin work or does it need to be super strong? Any recommendations for a British coin? £2 preferably but I guess anything would do - the unit doesn't come with a coin as standard as far as I know. Thanks for your help.

From everything I've read about Flux, it is more sensitive and picks up even a m******c quarter. I'm guessing that you should be able to easily find something local that will work for you.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:

The issue I have with Flux is the finger shell. It does not fit me well at all. It is not a universal fit.

What about the color? Does it fit different skin tones?
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
846 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Quote:

It fits inside the finger, much like a sanada and is cloaked in shade. If you forget it’s there ( as with a sanada) no-one will be any the wiser
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, roblane wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Quote:

It fits inside the finger, much like a sanada and is cloaked in shade. If you forget it’s there ( as with a sanada) no-one will be any the wiser

Unless of course you are waving your hand over their hand to "detect" which hand the coin is in . Which makes people naturally curious if you have something in your hand. Personally, I prefer to have an empty hand to dispell any notion that I am using an electronic device. Which is why I would prefer to have the device hidden under a watch strap or in a pocket. Not sure Flux can work that way though.
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Unless of course you are waving your hand over their hand to "detect" which hand the coin is in . Which makes people naturally curious if you have something in your hand. Personally, I prefer to have an empty hand to dispell any notion that I am using an electronic device. Which is why I would prefer to have the device hidden under a watch strap or in a pocket. Not sure Flux can work that way though.

Exactly my thoughts. It seems like spec would be more interested in your hands during a which hand routine than anything else. Having an empty hand makes sense. Since Flux is self contained, I would have to imagine the unit has to be fairly close to the spec hand and probably you can't have it in a pocket? And it may be too big to be hidden under a watch strap.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, prankmonster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. It seems like spec would be more interested in your hands during a which hand routine than anything else. Having an empty hand makes sense. Since Flux is self contained, I would have to imagine the unit has to be fairly close to the spec hand and probably you can't have it in a pocket? And it may be too big to be hidden under a watch strap.

Exactly right. Too big to hide under watch band. Needs to be fairly close to hand.
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Hi gang!

Before I drop some coin on a flux unit, I'm looking for alternatives for a m******* coin. Being where I'm from using a US quarter, or a GB pound, might be a little weird.

I'm thinking a m******* poker chip or die. But to make sense in the presentation I'm hoping to do, I'm leaning towards putting section of m******* sheet/ paper in a folded bill.

Has anyone toyed around with this idea before?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks!
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
You can buy magnetic stones or pebbles at mindfx and at alakazam, that seems more inconspicuous than a poker chip to me
seededbap
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of seededbap
Hi, I used to own Sixth Sense 3 however sold it and now find myself in need of one or similar. I see a fair few Flux devices for sale however I'm wondering if anyone can share the main differences between Flux and Scan 3D. I've had the pleasure of seeing Scan 3D but unfortunately don't know anyone with Flux. From what I understand Flux is a self contained unit and can't be used with a PM receiver? Also when out of the 'shell' is the unit of similar size? It also seems to work on haptics rather than a full on vibration if I'm correct?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Chris
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, seededbap wrote:
Hi, I used to own Sixth Sense 3 however sold it and now find myself in need of one or similar. I see a fair few Flux devices for sale however I'm wondering if anyone can share the main differences between Flux and Scan 3D. I've had the pleasure of seeing Scan 3D but unfortunately don't know anyone with Flux. From what I understand Flux is a self contained unit and can't be used with a PM receiver? Also when out of the 'shell' is the unit of similar size? It also seems to work on haptics rather than a full on vibration if I'm correct?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Chris

Yes that is the main difference Flux is self contiained as Scan 3D is not.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
29 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
I have both Sixth Sense 3.0 and Flux. I purchased Sixth Sense 3.0 from Tannen's here in NYC and Flux from ProMystic directly. They both work very well. On the pro side for Sixth Sense 3.0, I like the fact that there is an iPhone App which allows customization (even though the sensitivity can be set without the app). On the pro side for Flux, I like the fact that it is smaller and can be fingerpalmed and I LOVE that it uses button cells. I don't need to worry about replacing a rechargable lithium batery with Flux. Unlike Hugo's In****t Pro, which has a great rechargable lithium button cell that can easily be replaced, I don't see an easy way to replace the rechargable battery in Sixth Sense 3.0.
lancenicolai58
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of lancenicolai58
I like flux. you only need to worry about one device - very easy to turn on and off. Also great reset.
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Finally got my flux unit. Great piece of kit. It's all self contained. I can't speak for the other models, but I'm glad a lot of thought has been put in to give you confidence every time you perform. You're never worried if it's on or not, different options to receive the cue, etc.
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
60 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Flux is a great gadget, in general everything from Promystic

tengo MD desde hace tiempo y funciona de maravilla ,Flux no lo tengo pero me lo enseñó un compañero discreto efectivo y autonomo
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Flux is far superior
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I currently have a like-new Sixth Sense 3 available for about half the price of a new one. I simply don’t use it enough to justify keeping it around. Great product, though!
Feel free to PM me.
It's all in the reflexes.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Also be careful using these devices under a watch strap if you have a smart watch (like an apple watch). It seems to get false reads … I think triggered by the watch.
Long Island,

New York
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, Hinge Thunder wrote:
I have both Sixth Sense 3.0 and Flux. I purchased Sixth Sense 3.0 from Tannen's here in NYC and Flux from ProMystic directly. They both work very well. On the pro side for Sixth Sense 3.0, I like the fact that there is an iPhone App which allows customization (even though the sensitivity can be set without the app). On the pro side for Flux, I like the fact that it is smaller and can be fingerpalmed and I LOVE that it uses button cells. I don't need to worry about replacing a rechargable lithium batery with Flux. Unlike Hugo's In****t Pro, which has a great rechargable lithium button cell that can easily be replaced, I don't see an easy way to replace the rechargable battery in Sixth Sense 3.0.

Not being able to change or remove batteries is deal breaker for me. Especially since I may not use the device for periods of time, I feel is best to remove the battery to prevent leakage or other problems when a battery is not used or charged. Since Flux has a removeable battery, it sounds better for my purpose.
Long Island,

New York