The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
FLUX ...
I am intrigued to see the UK magic shop demo, using a £20 note.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-EKrO2SFk

This video is 3 years old.
Consequently, I am wondering if it would work on the new polymer currency notes.

Specifically, a Canadian polymer note?

regards,
Wulfie
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2023, wulfiesmith wrote:
FLUX ...
I am intrigued to see the UK magic shop demo, using a £20 note.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-EKrO2SFk

This video is 3 years old.
Consequently, I am wondering if it would work on the new polymer currency notes.

Specifically, a Canadian polymer note?

regards,
Wulfie

My understanding is that one should avoid creasing, crumpling, folding or stapling polymer notes, which seems necessary - in part - to be able to conceal the note in a closed fist.

Could you imitate what is in the video, exchanging the bill for a crumpled piece of paper? Yes.
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
674 Posts

Profile of David Burke
I bought Flux from T11 a couple weeks ago, along with two magnetic quarters.

The Flux arrived, but with two empty black envelopes, which I can only assume may have held quarters at some point in time. After a few days of back and forth, providing pictures, etc, they refunded the money for the two quarters, because they didn't have any more quarters in stock.

In my thinking, it's an incomplete package, even though they do provide a magnet and extra batteries, so I asked the process to return the Flux.

They said they would only accept it unopened, original packaging, and were going to charge me for return shipping and restock fees.

I almost think it was a bait and switch, they they knew they didn't have any quarters, but needed to get the Flux devices sold, for whatever reason.

I'm not at all happy, and think they really could improve on their customer service.

I'm not going to say I'll never buy from them again, but I'm certainly going to have think deeply if I want to support them.

Dave
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
To anyone at T11 who may be monitoring this thread, let me suggest purchasing a couple of magnetic quarters from another vendor and having them same-day shipped to Boomer with an apology in accompanying remarks, if possible. I think that would be the classy thing to do under the circumstances.
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
674 Posts

Profile of David Burke
@deckstacker,

I've found them on Penguin and Vanishing Inc. Only a few dollars more than the ones that were advertised on T11.

Not looking for anything free. I think I was mostly upset at what looked like dishonest business practices, and charging me for their errors.

I've never had this kind of issue with Penguin, so I'll be going with them.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Dave
Deckstacker
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny SoCal
442 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
See link below also for excellent magnetic halves from one of my favorite vendors, Tom Ladshaw, who always goes the extra mile with great service. (smile)

https://tomladshawmagic.com/coin-tricks?page=10
Never try to teach a pig how to sing. You will waste your time, and it annoys the pig.
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
674 Posts

Profile of David Burke
@deckstacker,

I've ordered a few things from Tom and been very happy.

I'll have to check his site again, and thanks for your replies.

Dave
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Psychiac ...
thanks for your response.

Penguin tell me that Flux works on any polymer currency.
Which makes this a "must have" to work alongside coins, Tequilla Husler, Hands Down, and V2.
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2023, wulfiesmith wrote:
Psychiac ...
thanks for your response.

Penguin tell me that Flux works on any polymer currency.
Which makes this a "must have" to work alongside coins, Tequilla Husler, Hands Down, and V2.

Good to know - I'll have to give it a try with relative devices when opportunity arises.

In that sense though, Flux might "work" with any object that is or is made to be compatible (hopefully covertly). I appreciate you double-checking my speculation and sharing Penguin's truth about polymer notes, which I understand are becoming more common. Would be happy to hear how it works out for you specifically!
tomriddle
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tomriddle
Promystic have always had one of the best customer service in the magic industry in my opinion. Its very likely it was an honest mishap on their part. Plus Craig is one of the nicest guys I’ve met in the business. Never in the world would they ‘bait and switch’ on a couple of quarters. I’m sure if they had them in stock, they would have shipped you some extras just as a token of apology.
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
674 Posts

Profile of David Burke
Bait and Switch was a poor choice of words. Simply they needed to sell Flux, but no stock available of quarters, so sent me empty envelopes.

And refusing to refund or accept returns, after all, this was all their fault. I did nothing wrong, yet I'm the one being treated like the villian.

I still stand by my statement, that in all likelihood, I won't ever again deal with T11 again, or ProMystic for that matter.

Dave
tomriddle
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tomriddle
Of course you ain't at fault, it’s definitely the seller’s mistake, in this case its T11. And that cannot be justified. It is highly unlikely for such a mishap to happen directly from Promystic. Trust me, if you change your mind and consider buying a Promystic product, just buy it directly from their website. The service is just world class. And I’m cent percent sure Craig will double check before anything is shipped. I’ve never bought anything from T11, so I don’t know about their service, but from what you’ve gone through, it seems bad and even I would reconsider before purchasing anything from them.

Word of advice for anyone getting effects, just see if the creator themselves sell it on their own website. If yes, that’s the best way to get it. That way you’re cutting out on any middle man, the creator gets the full amount and for any customer support, you can talk to them directly. Just my two cents.
Chaikuni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Chaikuni
Is anyone elses Flux a bit loud?
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2023, Chaikuni wrote:

If you are referring to the vibration I sort of know what you mean, but wouldn't think it'd ever be picked up even in a very quiet environment.

BW

Steve
Chaikuni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Chaikuni
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2023, stevie c wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2023, Chaikuni wrote:

If you are referring to the vibration I sort of know what you mean, but wouldn't think it'd ever be picked up even in a very quiet environment.

BW

Steve

Yes, my vibration is very loud and noticeable if there is no distractions of background noise.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
FLUX for me no doubts.

Used them all and this is a winner!

Why?

Because it's so easy to use, small (put your hand in your pocket, put it on and you are ready in 3 seconds, when ready same thing; touch the button and ditch) and it always works.

Never had a problem with the haptic touch, spectator never feels anything.

Good polarity recognition.

I turn it on, turn my hand and than I point to a hand and that it. It is important to know how to keep your hand, my Flux works best when on the side.

Distance is amazing.

What can I say more...

FLUX Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Another vote for Flux but for another reason: Craig’s customer service is amazing.

I have had SS3 for a few years and have used it regularly until I had to move out of the country temporarily so I kept it in a drawer for like 6 months before I came back. Stopped working completely. I messaged Penguin as I bought it from them and they, apparently very politely, told me to f* off as warranty is over so they can’t do anything. Like I bought it 4 years ago. It’s an expensive item. I wasn’t asking for a replacement but I was asking to pay to have it repaired. They won’t bother. How’s that for customer service.

I reached out to Hugo and I’ll report back if he offers to do something. With Craig not only would the unit still work (I also have Flux btw and it still works after years of using it) but should there be an issue he would step in to find a solution. But again, let’s see what Hugo says.
otreboR
View Profile
Elite user
The Netherlands
401 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2024, goldeneye007 wrote:
Another vote for Flux but for another reason: Craig’s customer service is amazing.

I have had SS3 for a few years and have used it regularly until I had to move out of the country temporarily so I kept it in a drawer for like 6 months before I came back. Stopped working completely. I messaged Penguin as I bought it from them and they, apparently very politely, told me to f* off as warranty is over so they can’t do anything. Like I bought it 4 years ago. It’s an expensive item. I wasn’t asking for a replacement but I was asking to pay to have it repaired. They won’t bother. How’s that for customer service.

I reached out to Hugo and I’ll report back if he offers to do something. With Craig not only would the unit still work (I also have Flux btw and it still works after years of using it) but should there be an issue he would step in to find a solution. But again, let’s see what Hugo says.

I had the same thing.
Using the laptop to charge the device made it buzz again.
After disconnecting it, it worked for a short while and the app showed a very low battery.
Started charging it again using my laptop. After it was buzzing again, I made sure it was turned off by holding the button and feeling the long buzz.
Then I started charging it using a power plug and went to bed.
The next day I checked the device in the evening and it was fully charged.
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2024, otreboR wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2024, goldeneye007 wrote:

I had the same thing.
Using the laptop to charge the device made it buzz again.
After disconnecting it, it worked for a short while and the app showed a very low battery.
Started charging it again using my laptop. After it was buzzing again, I made sure it was turned off by holding the button and feeling the long buzz.
Then I started charging it using a power plug and went to bed.
The next day I checked the device in the evening and it was fully charged.

Oh wow ok interesting! Thanks I’ll try that!!
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
I tried using my laptop to charge it but that also didn’t work Smile I tried contacting Hugo Shelley but haven’t had any answer yet…