The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: Favourite Magic App (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
I concur. You mentioned Inject at the top of your list.
With the adjustments we are making for COVID have you seen P. E. P. ? It permits you to provide the same PUNCH with Inject but through email. Multiple spectators at once, over a 'virtual' interaction.
There are numerous additional effects and capabilities also that take advantage of the "off-screen" nature of Virtual Performance and do not limit you to the finite nature of Inject’s input method.

Quote:
On Dec 19, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
I have quite a few apps, some which I use more then others. I’ll list my top 3 in terms of which I perform most, and my comments about them;

1 - Inject. Awesome app with so much customisation. Multiple effects possible. Probably the best magic purchase I have ever made! Why? Based on the reactions it gets and the vast number of effects you can do with it. Downside - it takes time to learn, and requires internet.

2 - DFB. Clean and simple way to force anything. Just look at how many magicians use it on BGT! Genius input method. Downside - lots of magicians use it but that’s about it really!

3 - WikiTest - Really strong mind reading - totally hands off, and amazing reactions too. As with Inject, it requires internet. It’s very powerful but it is just one effect. But it’s a great effect!!!!

Recent purchases that I haven’t used extensively yet in my working set due to COVID include

Picasso Pro, Xeno, Locked and Loaded. I particularly like L and L - like DFB, it doesn’t require internet and also has an awesome input method. It can also be customised. Highly recommended. I’m also looking forward to using Xeno, particularly with the new add-on from Felipe Nardi which provides a superb peek method for movies.

I’d also like to mention Marty - a couple of years ago this was the buzz amongst in the app market, but sadly the upgrades failed and it got reset back to its original version. However, I still use it and it’s still very strong.

Anyway, hope this helps
livejeh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of livejeh
TimeSmith
livejeh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of livejeh
CubeSmith
Inject
DFB
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Favorite? gotta go with DFB
but I also love...
AnyWeb
Chronoforce
Cipher
Tempus
A.C.A.A.T
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
97 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Locked and loaded - so simple and can use so many ways, was doing it after twenty min with other tricks
Inject - very powerful a bit overwhelming at first but also can be utilized many ways once mastered
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
350 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Where most of our performances are remote at the moment, I’ve been wondering if there are any App effects that can be done via Zoom. I’ve concluded it’s almost useless doing anything using my phone - the spectators have real difficulty seeing the screen. And any effect using their phone Such as Inject, Realist, Wikitest are at the mercy of internet connections or the spectator screwing everything up by not following instructions.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
The Instant Card Magician is ideal over ZOOM.
It was originally conceived and performed in person prior to COVID-19 but quickly and easily adapted to ‘Virtual: performances.

Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, D J Hawkins wrote:
Where most of our performances are remote at the moment, I’ve been wondering if there are any App effects that can be done via Zoom. I’ve concluded it’s almost useless doing anything using my phone - the spectators have real difficulty seeing the screen. And any effect using their phone Such as Inject, Realist, Wikitest are at the mercy of internet connections or the spectator screwing everything up by not following instructions.
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
Developed by Myke Phillips, you may want to look at iDeal www.iDealMagic.app - There are some great online routines you can do with it, and in peerson you can peek the selected random virtual card on your Apple watch or PeekSmith. With the app you can Force, Peek, Predict, and the 'random cards' can be from a stack of your choice. Take a look at the videoes on the website!
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Ithump is the best over zoom. No internet needed and is very fooling. There are some others I'd reccomend also. Ithump with the remainder force is definitely my favorite though.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
332 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I would definitely say Locked and Loaded is my favorite magic app. The reactions I get are fantastic! Such a SMART input method!!!! Not to mention the customization possibilities and potential.... awesome.
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
Brian H
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Brian H
TimeSmith is the best app for time magic for sure.
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
For me as owner of the stranger, WikiTest, amalgam, inject 2 and DFB I have to say all are great. DFB gets strong reactions, I love how WikiTest is so clean and easy to learn. The stranger it’s just something that goes for me really into a new world, you can do so much with it. If I would select the best 2 I would by the stranger and WikiTest together as the can be combined together and this is a huge effect
magic0967
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magic0967
The MentalPlay app from NELSON SUÁREZ has a lot of potential! Unfortunately version 1.1 only works partially or incorrectly under iOS 14.5.1 and unfortunately there is no information when a new update is finally available!
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Wikitest is the best.
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Any thoughts on Streets Pro from those who have used it?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Its great! For me its app of the year (so far)
Andrew Aspen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Aspen
WikiTest
magic0967
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magic0967
Since the new updates of the MentalPlay app (incl. Inject and Vimeo integration) Mentalplay is currently the best Magic App on the market! whoever manages to exploit the potential of the app is able to make predictions that are hard to beat!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1759 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I got the app-bug for a while while doing virtual shows. I used to use Telefoto way back in the day, and absolutely loved it... but since it's no more I don't think that counts.

At first glance I really liked Inject, but there have been some things recently that have left a sour taste in my mouth. That said, I still use it in my virtual shows, and there is a routine I'm working on which uses it. If there was better customer support and I was confident it wouldn't just stop working at some point in the future I may rate it as my favorite.

That goes to SimpleDraw I think. I reaaaaallly like this app, being a lover of the drawing duplication plot, and it's great for both virtual shows and person-to-person performances. And the creator is just a swell guy.

Flitch also is amazing. I've yet to really get the most out of it, and the instructions and set up are a bit lacking but I love being able to put my phone down on a table, have someone select a playing card by just naming the first one that comes to mind, and showing that there is only one image in my phone gallery and it is of the playing card named. I'm also using it for a free will type effect which has been a lot of fun. Again, it plays well virtually and in person.

For me that's the main draw for apps: Using them to be able to perform the same effects virtually as I do in my in person shows.

There are others that interest me, but as an android user there isn't as much to choose from.
magic0967
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magic0967
CAUTION!

The MentalPlay app does not work with Apple iOS 15 !! An update was promised by the developer, but unfortunately no information is given when and if an update for iOS 15 users will be released upon request. Please don't get me wrong, I think the app is great and I don't want to talk badly here, the app is very expensive but cannot even be started, it is useless! as soon as a working update is available, I'll post it here!