The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: Favourite Magic App (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
Where can I find:

Messenger (android only)?

Being new to Androids having problems finding all the good stuff out there!
xtrouble
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xtrouble
DFB is a great app, I wouldn't be without it.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
I have to add that The Stranger is an essential purchase for soany reasons. One of which, it will never occur to the average spec that it's an app.

This is probably one of the most enjoyable effects to perform too.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1536 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
My two favorite apps are:

CubeSmith
The Stranger

Inject used to be my favorite and I still love it, but I’m disappointed that Greg Rostami hasn’t been participating in the Inject Facebook group as religiously as before. It’s like he’s lost interest in his own app. To be fair, he has bigger things to worry about these days. But, still, I miss his former level of engagement.

Benke Smith (CubeSmith) and Jonathan Levit (The Stranger) are the exact opposite. They both live and breath their respective apps and their ongoing enthusiasm is obvious and contagious.

I own another dozen magic apps that rarely get used. And I think, in general, I won’t be investing in very many magic apps in the future. I’ve already seen too many of them become neglected by their developers. I’m investing more money in physical props and books these days. The one exception is a new app coming from Benke.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2020, SharkTrager442 wrote:
I have to add that The Stranger is an essential purchase for soany reasons. One of which, it will never occur to the average spec that it's an app.

This is probably one of the most enjoyable effects to perform too.

Thank you! I appreciate this and the community that has been built around the effect, both for iOS and for Android!
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
My two favorite apps are:

CubeSmith
The Stranger

Inject used to be my favorite and I still love it, but I’m disappointed that Greg Rostami hasn’t been participating in the Inject Facebook group as religiously as before. It’s like he’s lost interest in his own app. To be fair, he has bigger things to worry about these days. But, still, I miss his former level of engagement.

Benke Smith (CubeSmith) and Jonathan Levit (The Stranger) are the exact opposite. They both live and breath their respective apps and their ongoing enthusiasm is obvious and contagious.

I own another dozen magic apps that rarely get used. And I think, in general, I won’t be investing in very many magic apps in the future. I’ve already seen too many of them become neglected by their developers. I’m investing more money in physical props and books these days. The one exception is a new app coming from Benke.

Mark

Thanks, Mark! I know that Benke and myself love being an active part of the community and the development of our apps. It seems to never stop and it's exhilarating. The engagement from the community keeps us pushing forward as well!
alexK
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of alexK
I really like Inject, I use it alot.
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
I agree The Stranger is among the top few.
And Inject has taken on a new dimension, particularly in this time when we are forced to be “hands off”, with the add-on for EMAIL.
P. E. P. gives you the freedom to provide a Prediction to any number of spectators at once. And they are left with a PERMANENT memento on their phone.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Ithump/Toxic+ is probably my favorite. It has the best customer service and does the most out of any app I have. I also like inject but it doesn't have as good support, needs internet to work and sometimes is unreliable.
alchemy92
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of alchemy92
Inject, Wikitest, Unifi App, the Stranger are the BEST!!
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Unifi isn't good. Only other people's work without permission.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
Unifi isn't good. Only other people's work without permission.

Yes, very true... ripp offs without ending. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
I like TAP, does what it has to do and there are several pre-made projects.
iThump/Toxic+ is magnificent and has probably the best (long term) customer support and community when it comes to that type of app. Since I only support material from the true creative individuals I personally steer away from Unifi. Got ethical problems with that.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I am absolutely with you... Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
I personally love DFB. It is so easy to use and there are so many different ways to use it.

If anyone else feels like I do, what other apps would you recommend? I am not a fan of Inject. I tried it and even paid for a 6 hour seminar that they offered but even with that there are a lot of things that just don't work for me. I wish it did but there were just many things that you do that were either impractical and would seem to the spectator like "but why is he doing that?'. Or certain issues like when you take the spectators phone, do what you need to do with it, and then you put it down and the phone from lying down flat goes into sleep mode and therefore the effect just won't work
livejeh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of livejeh
Inject
Cubesmith (with the worlds greatest support and development, opposite Inject)

/Jan
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
I just have to say that I made a post about how Inject was not really working for me. After that post, Greg Rostami the owner of Inject reached out to me with a private message offering to help. He just spent some time helping me out with it over the phone and was a huge help! Greg...thank you!! Such great customer service that was!
ParkinT
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL USA
82 Posts

Profile of ParkinT
Since you already have Inject, you should consider P. E. P.
You needn’t touch their phone yet they end up with an email ON THEIR PHONE that not only contains your prediction, but includes your contact/marketing information that will travel with the email message as it gets forwarded around.
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2020, mikenewyork wrote:
I personally love DFB. It is so easy to use and there are so many different ways to use it.

If anyone else feels like I do, what other apps would you recommend? I am not a fan of Inject. I tried it and even paid for a 6 hour seminar that they offered but even with that there are a lot of things that just don't work for me. I wish it did but there were just many things that you do that were either impractical and would seem to the spectator like "but why is he doing that?'. Or certain issues like when you take the spectators phone, do what you need to do with it, and then you put it down and the phone from lying down flat goes into sleep mode and therefore the effect just won't work
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Thanks Parkin I will check it out
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I have quite a few apps, some which I use more then others. I’ll list my top 3 in terms of which I perform most, and my comments about them;

1 - Inject. Awesome app with so much customisation. Multiple effects possible. Probably the best magic purchase I have ever made! Why? Based on the reactions it gets and the vast number of effects you can do with it. Downside - it takes time to learn, and requires internet.

2 - DFB. Clean and simple way to force anything. Just look at how many magicians use it on BGT! Genius input method. Downside - lots of magicians use it but that’s about it really!

3 - WikiTest - Really strong mind reading - totally hands off, and amazing reactions too. As with Inject, it requires internet. It’s very powerful but it is just one effect. But it’s a great effect!!!!

Recent purchases that I haven’t used extensively yet in my working set due to COVID include

Picasso Pro, Xeno, Locked and Loaded. I particularly like L and L - like DFB, it doesn’t require internet and also has an awesome input method. It can also be customised. Highly recommended. I’m also looking forward to using Xeno, particularly with the new add-on from Felipe Nardi which provides a superb peek method for movies.

I’d also like to mention Marty - a couple of years ago this was the buzz amongst in the app market, but sadly the upgrades failed and it got reset back to its original version. However, I still use it and it’s still very strong.

Anyway, hope this helps
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R