The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Best quality fake bills? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I am looking for 20s, 50s and 100s. Things like this don't last long and the links disappear from ebay and amazon. Does anyone have a current source? Ideally it should feel close to real money and maybe not have the bright pink chinese characters on the left side, but I am just flashing bills so whether it says "movie money" "play money" doesn't matter if the print quality is good.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
These look pretty darn good. https://propmoney.com Also the prices are reasonable
drmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of drmagic
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, Bobby Forbes wrote:
These look pretty darn good. https://propmoney.com Also the prices are reasonable

I have ordered from this company before and was very pleased with the quality of product.
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
Ebay has a lot of sellers with other denominations than $100. I don't have a specific link but if you were to search you could find something.
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I just ordered from propmoney but had looked at ebay. I might try a comparison. I ordered fake Morgan's that way and they were great (and they didn't have the copy markings on them despite the picture showing that, which was even better). I saw some realistic bills, but they had pink chinese characters printed on them. Guess I will try a few. I'll let you know about the prop money when it comes. Thanks!
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I got the movie prop bills. They do look very nice, very realistic. The paper is nothing like real money, instead of linen it is decent ink jet paper (not photo paper, but a a smooth medium heavy bond), but it will do for what I want. I'll try aging a few bills. The ink that is metallic on a real bill is not on these, but it isn't noticeable for most effects where you are just flashing the bills. Thanks for the help everyone.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Www.fakemillion.com
They have every bill imaginable.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I know they have to put enough differences on the bills as to not run afoul of the law, but seems like they can do better. So far I have seen bills from China that look almost perfect, but then they put some pink chinese writing on a part of the bill. I have no idea how they feel. The ones from movie prop money I just got are great, other than no shiny ink in the spots that have it on a real bill and not very noticeable differences. I like them, but they are printed on copy paper, not good. They don't move or feel anything like real money. The ones from fake million say "feels real", so I emailed them and will give it a try, but they don't even try to make it look like real money. I guess with a quick flash, you won't spot all the differences, but they are a lot different, especially on the $100 bills. The 20's look pretty good, but if you know what a 20 looks like or hold them side-by-side there are quite a few differences that jump out at you. Seems like someone could print on a cotton/linen blend just like real money, leave out the fibers and security strips, make only a few minor changes here and there, especially on the back, and put "not for legal tender" in a good spot and be done with it. Oh well, guess we can't have everything.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think the closer they get to looking and feeling "near real" puts them further under the radar of the Treasury Department (Probably not a fun place to be) Smile For most "magic needs" I think the bills are good enough. I see money on movies and TV all the time and don't notice the difference.

I liken it to a gaffed coin. They look just fine at a short distance or with the right angles but I wouldn't hold it out and close enough (as well as long enough) for a spec to see the difference.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
Has any got caught using prop money doing magic? my spectator though it was gimmicked already.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:
I got the movie prop bills. They do look very nice, very realistic. The paper is nothing like real money, instead of linen it is decent ink jet paper (not photo paper, but a a smooth medium heavy bond), but it will do for what I want. I'll try aging a few bills. The ink that is metallic on a real bill is not on these, but it isn't noticeable for most effects where you are just flashing the bills. Thanks for the help everyone.

I bought a sample pack. Was going to do hundy with it. Looks good, but in the hands is too fake looking in person. I may try their "aged" bills, but I assume they are just yellowed/faded a bit.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2019, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, FlightRisk wrote:

I bought a sample pack. Was going to do hundy with it. Looks good, but in the hands is too fake looking in person. I may try their "aged" bills, but I assume they are just yellowed/faded a bit.

I meant to say extreme burn.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A few years ago, a lady went to Wal-Mart and attempted to pay with a Million Dollar bill. The made a scene and the FBI came and arrested her for trying to pass counterfeit money. It was on the national news.

Be very careful with these realistic bills, it can get you in a lot of trouble you don't need. Showing and performing a magic effect is one thing, but if you hand the bill or bills to someone, that is passing counterfeit money. Saying you are a magician, will not get you out of the trouble you will be in if someone calls the police or FBI.
mich77
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mich77
On Amazon there's something with real sizes or modified (bigger or smaller)
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I bought very realistic looking $100 bills from Amazon. I bought a pack of 100 bills. They fool people
I have 5 sets of Extreme Burn made up.
Ones to 5s
1s to 20s
1s to 100s
1s to 500s
And 1s to Millions
The 1s to millions and 500s are not that impressive because they are not in circulation and most people know it.
The 1s to 100s get the best reactions.
Ihor
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3218 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Link Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Link Smile

I bought this about 2 years ago so I don’t recall the link.
I initially found it via a post here on the Café.
If you search here, you should find it.
When I get time I’ll search my old Amazon orders.
Ihor
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
713 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I’m searching for realistic Euro money, anyone knows where I can find?
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Wow - propmoney.com - what a great resource site.

It's a shame we have no such resource in the UK.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Just found this site and ordered 100 dollar bills older style . It’s strobeprops.com
Just try that’s all you can do , never give up .