The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Useless box (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JimBeta
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JimBeta
This box is not useless at all, I could spend hours with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=aqAUmgE3WyM

Maybe a nice gadget for when you have an act that may involve turning a switch to be able to continue the effect.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2019, JimBeta wrote:
This box is not useless at all, I could spend hours with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=aqAUmgE3WyM

Maybe a nice gadget for when you have an act that may involve turning a switch to be able to continue the effect.

JimBeta,

It's cute and funny, but I'm not sure I get how it would work in a magic routine. If the act involves a spectator turning a switch to be able to continue the effect, according to this "useless box," the magic wouldn't happen until the batteries died.

What effect did you have in mind?

D.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
That reminds me of a bank they used to sell, based on the Addams Family. Putting a coin in the slot would activate the box, "Thing's" hand would come out and grab the coin. The box would shut off and Thing's hand would shoot back into the box, with your coin!

"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
bluejay17!
View Profile
Regular user
DC
120 Posts

Profile of bluejay17!
They need to make a version that you can put a delay on it, just to confuse people.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you know how to move an arm you also know how to wait Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
JimBeta ...
thanks for sharing.

At least you won't forget to turn it off ... sigh
Jurgen8en
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Jurgen8en
With a DIY version you can maybe tweak it to add a delay.
I always have a painted version of this one with me https://www.coolgift.com/en/Useless-Box
alexk81
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of alexk81
This has given me an idea...

A useless box that uses a paddle switch - like a Decora-style light switch - instead of a toggle switch and has a hand that typically comes out and slaps the switch off after you switch it on. However, either on-demand or after a certain number of activations, instead of the hand coming out and slapping the switch down a hand comes out holding a tiny playing card - the spectator's selection - and remains until you turn off the switch yourself.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Somebody did an update;

"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax