The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Pete Biro died this morning. (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
After a long battle with complications from a stroke, along with missing his wife, Linda, who passed away a little over a year ago, Pete Biro died early this morning.
So long, pal. You brought beauty and laughter to this world.
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
R.I.P. Pete.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sad news.
Rest in Peace
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
R.I.P. he will be greatly missed here.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
389 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Thank you Pete.. RIP
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Roy J Hopwood
View Profile
New user
Richmond BC Canada
26 Posts

Profile of Roy J Hopwood
R.I.P.Pete Biro ... you will be greatly missed.
Take Care

Roy J Hopwood
Magical Entertainer

"He who stops being better stops being good."

Oliver Cromwell
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1121 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Oh man. He lived a truly magical life. One time I drove to his house to trade magic books. We didn’t know each other well. Just a bit from the Café, once in a while crossing paths at Dean’s Shoppe, and brief encounters at the Castle. But he was so gracious. Rest in Power, good sir.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
So Sad, I am, met him in 1969 at the magic convention downtown, He was a creative magician, and hung out with the greats in magic. His job was free lance photography. Traveling the world with pictures. He will be missed.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
He did nothing but bring the tide of magic upward. He loved it dearly. I hadn’t seen him in here for a long time, but that avatar of his will be missed.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I first met Pete here in the early 2000s. He was always a wonderful font of information. When I started to travel to Vegas for Magic Live and WMS, we met up and we hit it off famously. About 6 years ago, someone broke into my car and stole my prop bag. Pete instantly called me and asked what I needed. I'm strictly a close up guy and all that was missing was a few decks, sponge balls....but I had lost my favorite Don Alan chop cup. 2 days later, I received one from Pete's collection. The local police eventually recovered my bag with everything intact. When I asked for Pete's address to send his cup back, he insisted I keep it. Now THAT cup is my favorite chop cup.
That's what kind of guy he was.

All of us who knew and loved Pete owe a huge debt of gratitude to Scott Jenkins. Scott had stepped in a few years ago and visited Pete very often and helped him so much, especially after Linda had passed.

RIP Uncle Pete, you will be sorely missed.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
My only contact with Pete was by email. One day he contacted me about his planned book on Linking Rings. He wanted it to be complete,
and mentioned several Posts of mine about effects/move. He said, "I can't do that." He still had a desire to learn and I was pleased to help.

We had several chats after that on other tricks and methods. He apologized over his typing errors, saying,
"I made a lot more mistakes than that on stage but nobody cared."

I learned a lot.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
And May He R.I.P.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
R.I.P. Pete:

You were one of the greats.....and you will be missed.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I had just driven from Chicago to Boston, with a station wagon full of Magic Inc. "stuff" for their dealer booth at the '74 SAM Convention, + Ali Bongo, his mother, Walter Gydesen, and, our luggage. On the sidewalk was Pete, with some friends. He was doing "Esoteric", in the morning sun! I hadn't met Pete, but, it didn't take long!

We enjoyed nearly 50 years! Yup! I'll miss him. RIP, Pete.......
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What a great loss to our community. Pete was one of the greats and always so helpful to many here. R.I.P. Pete.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Tragic news. I loved his posts here on the Café. A legend. RIP Pete.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Definitely a tragic loss to the magical community. Pete will be sorely missed, yet he left a great deal of magic behind to carry his memory.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Oh my. I didn't see this topic until just now. I was reading Pete's excellent Linking Rings book less than 2 hours ago.

Rest in Peace, Pete.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh, now another one. Sad. I'll pray for you Pete.
newspin
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of newspin
Wow. He was roughly a generation older than me when I first met him in 1971. He was a truly natural performer and comic. Later I found out he lived right across the street from me! I seem to remember that his parents were performers; I think they may have been jugglers, although I may be a little off. Sometimes he would come up with a variation on a trick that would fool me. One truly vivid example was the time he came up with a rising card that seems to slice right through his forefinger as he was holding the deck upright as it was facing the audience. Anyway, I’m sure he will be missed by some of the old timers.