The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Gordon Bean's ENTOURAGE (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi everyone,
I had been reading up on this effect but can't seem to find it anywhere, does anyone know where I can purchase this?

Kieran
Vitas White
View Profile
New user
Boston
51 Posts

Profile of Vitas White
Ah, good ol' Gordon Bean. Your best bet is to wait until Penguin has it back in stock. However, if you're having trouble finding the effect online, there's a good chance it's no longer on the market, unfortunately it seems that this effect has been discontinued, perhaps a 2.0 will be released some day...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S6225
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it now. Boldness has genius, power, and magic at its core.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
Ebay or a bricks and mortar shop are your best bet. The Magic Attic in Portsmouth list it as available on their website, so maybe they still have it in stock? This is really is a great trick. In fact all of Gordon's packet tricks are great and deserve to be re-printed.

If you're unable to obtain the trick, Christopher Williams has published a good ungaffed handling of "Entourage". You can find it on his DVD Bright Ideas or in Peter Duffie's Mindblasters ebook.

Marty
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
This is one trick I have that I have never used. Though I like it and will use it one of these days, I still like B’Wave.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Thank you Marty, just ordered it from the magic attic.

Kieran
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Glad to hear you've managed to get a copy. I think that this trick is an improvement on "B'Wave" because no linguistic deception is required. This allows you to really emphasise the free nature of the choice.

I often follow "Entourage" with another packet trick by Gordon Bean called "Bikers". After performing "Entourage", as per the instructions, I repeat the one move in the routine, handing the named "Queen"(?) to my helper. I reveal the three Jokers and then also show that the named Queen has transformed into a Joker. This leaves me with four regular Jokers on the table.

After the four Jokers have been examined, I s****h in the packet for "Bikers" using a H****r W****t. This also allows me to s****h out the cards used in "Entourage" that cannot be examined for two Kings as well.

Marty
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I use this all the time and although Bwave was my favourite for years the clean nature of the selection makes this my favourite now . I still use Bwave on occasions too as the equivoque at least sounds very fair too done correctly Smile
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I wish I could find somewhere to buy this item ... I cannot find it on the internet ANYWHERE.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2022, wulfiesmith wrote:
I wish I could find somewhere to buy this item ... I cannot find it on the internet ANYWHERE.

You could get the cards printed to your own specification. I believe this place has a good reputation, but have never used it myself -
https://printbymagic.com/custom-printed-......-design/
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Midwest magic carries Entourage
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

I've been speaking to Gordon Bean about his packet tricks via email. He's got a major re-release of "Entourage" in the pipeline. It should be on the market soon (with a well-known magic producer). It will include the original and some new variations of the plot.

He's also going to be releasing some more packet tricks as well shortly. Very exciting for a packet trick nut like myself!

Marty
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Have you heard any updates on the re-release Marty?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2023, RNK wrote:
Have you heard any updates on the re-release Marty?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I spoke to Gordon the other day (via email). He said the release had been delayed because of a "printing issue" with the special cards (which has now been resolved).

Penguin Magic has already released the first of Gordon's packet tricks. I recently reviewed it on my blog:

Magic Review: Royal-T by Gordon Bean

Unfortunately, the next trick to be released will probably not be "Entourage". However, in the meantime, we should see another of Gordon's most popular packet tricks released (he has asked me not to spoil the surprise).

According to Gordon, the release of "Entourage" will happen in the fall (autumn). However, he cannot provide a precise date since Penguin Magic, the company responsible for releasing it, does not seem to inform creators of their trick's release date! Gordon was caught off guard by the unexpected release of "Royal-T", and Craig Petty also encountered a similar situation with his Penguin releases. It's pretty odd to observe how Penguin Magic treat their business partners. I guess it could be a result of their relentless release schedule.

What I can tell you is that Gordon has shared a new handling for "Entourage" with me that adds an additional phase to the trick, making it longer and more impossible. There will also be some bonus content included with the release, too. It will be worth the wait. I'll also be sharing some routines using the special cards on my blog for people who buy "Entourage".

Marty
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks for the update Marty! Looking forward to the new handling editions.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Re: Yes, I spoke to Gordon the other day (via email). He said the release had been delayed because of a "printing issue" with the special cards (which has now been resolved)."

PLeased to hear Gordon is releasing some new stuff plus oldies. "Bikers" was a favorite of mine. Great packet trick.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1704 Posts

"Bikers" is a favourite of mine, too. Sadly, Gordon has mentioned there are no plans to rerelease it. A "Jinks" rerelease is also off the cards because it would be impossible due to the modification restrictions that have come into play at the USPCC since the trick was first released.

Marty
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
The newly re-released Entourage is available now at Penguin. Includes a video tutorial taught by Nick Locapo that is just a little over 1 hour in length. It covers different handlings and routines using the basic method.
Also includes a couple extra gaffed cards to perform the bonus routine called Psychic Blackjack.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/19661
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Looks decent. Hadn’t heard of it before this rerelease. I just always find myself wondering if the correct choice out of four options is really that magical. I think I’ll stick with twisted sisters.