The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Nice review. Thank you.

And as for the:-

Quote:
On Oct 10, 2018, rbcjhollander wrote:

My biggest complaint is that, after repeated use, the magnets do come out and will need to be glued in. I've been practicing quite a bit to get the patterns and orders down so some have come out. Apparently an occupational hazard due to the stress of the magnets being pulled apart.

I too own the Pro version. A little understanding of magnet behavior will help greatly reduce the above problem. Avoid directly pulling the tiles off the base. Instead try and slide the tiles off the base. By pulling off the the tiles there is full force of attraction acting between two opposite poles and thus it dislodges the magnets. By sliding off the tiles this force is considerably reduced and hence the chances of the magnets remaining fixed in its place is increased.

Hope this helps.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Thanks Ustaad. I will try to do that more often.
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
lochmann4522
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lochmann4522
lochmann4522
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lochmann4522
Martin Gardner wrote about tic tac toe in this book:

Martin Gardner: Mathematical Puzzles & Diversions, New York 1959
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, lochmann4522 wrote:

How to win at tic tac toe

BTW, while talking on the subject 'Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee', the effect is not based on 'How To Win' but is based on 'How To Draw' the game so as to achieve a logical jaw dropping outcome that will blow the spectators mind.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Hugo Caszar
View Profile
New user
Paris
3 Posts

Profile of Hugo Caszar
Some magicians complain that the stage version (the one board made of 6 rectangular panes) is not rigid enough, leading to the whole board falling into parts during its handling in performance.
Indeed, Bond Lee now changed the way the board is built (8 parts instead of 6, and different structure).
Can stage version users give us a reasonable feedback about this ?
Thank you very much.
Hugo Caszar
www.hugomagic.net
Hugo Caszar
View Profile
New user
Paris
3 Posts

Profile of Hugo Caszar
Hi,
Now, I own the TTT pro and use it, and I can tell that if you follow Bond Lee's instructions on how to build and handle the board, it works ok, with no solidity issue.
I am satisfied with it. Great effect.
Hugo Caszar
www.hugomagic.net
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1150 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I have the stage version, with the logo in photoshop.

At this point am I supposed to print onto 9 pages with crop marks so that I can cut everything perfectly?

If so, I can't figure out how to do that.

Can anyone help?
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
mpilkey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mpilkey
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Tim Hannig wrote:
I have the stage version, with the logo in photoshop.

At this point am I supposed to print onto 9 pages with crop marks so that I can cut everything perfectly?

If so, I can't figure out how to do that.

Can anyone help?

Tim,
I too am trying to figure it out. If you have any luck, please let me know.

Mike
SIRIously Mental available from me directly

Mike@chattanoogamagic.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1150 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
So frustrating! I thought the instructions would walk me through this part.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Tim Hannig wrote:
So frustrating! I thought the instructions would walk me through this part.

I've had the stage version for over a month, and the photoshop part is what is keeping me from actually working on it. Very frustrating. Any ideas on how to/who to contact?
Carnac
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Carnac
Maybe Bond Lee could chime in?? It’s a good question. Anybody?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I have the stage version as well. The problem is that each piece is over the size of a traditional piece of 8 1/2" x 11" paper so I used the photoshop template with my artwork, then transferred 2 pieces at a time to an 18" x 24" poster format online for printing at Staples. It took 5 posters to get all 9 pieces. They printed them and even cut them out for me to pick up. I then took the pieces and blue tac'd them onto my boards and it was done. Yes, it costs around $70 for the printing for each completed picture but that's just the cost of doing business. Hope this helps!
Ray Pierce
Hugo Caszar
View Profile
New user
Paris
3 Posts

Profile of Hugo Caszar
You have to draw a 75x75cm image on your software (I personnaly use GIMP), and then segment it into 9 distinct numeric images of 25x25cm each.
These 9 images can then be printed on a printer using A3 paper format.
Hugo Caszar
www.hugomagic.net
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Hugo, that works for European countries but we typically don't have those options in the US. BTW, I'm actually in Paris now performing with a show at the Bataclan on Monday!
Ray Pierce
BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
183 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
Just FYI, for anyone who might be interested: I made a little browser-based utility to simplify creating the images to customize it. Since a lot of people seem to have difficulty with this part, I decided to pretty it up a bit make it publicly available.

Basically, you just provide your image, and it takes care of resizing, splitting, and printing. You can print stage size on letter or A4 paper, with each square split across two pages. Of course, if you're printing on tabloid or A3 size, you can print a full stage-sized square on a single page.

I find it helpful. Your mileage may vary. If you want to give it a try, it's here: https://magicalbrad.github.io/tictactoe/
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Brad, haven't tried it yet but after visiting the page I have no doubt it will work. Let me be the first to thank you for your effort and contribution.
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
65 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
Brad ,thank you very much. All of my appreciation
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Can I use this if I have multiple shows during a day and want to do a different photo each time?
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
It's going to take some time to reset, but it is possible.