The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
That's one of the solutions I was thinking of. Just wondering if it is already built in to this version
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, takeachance wrote:
That's one of the solutions I was thinking of. Just wondering if it is already built in to this version

No. You have to do it yourself - he teaches it.

In addition to orientation - these secret signs have the most important thing. With the help of them, you mathematically accurately draw a picture. I first saw the progressive technique of the game. Although I worked with this trick before.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Eugene, that answers my question and concern. Hopefully they teach an easy method for tracking the possible directions to ensure the orientation and placement make up the reveal picture easily. Playing the game has to appear to be as easy and smooth as it normally would be to ensure the final kicker has the intended impact.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Is this concern about orientation in regards to which edge of the tiles is uppermost? Because it seems to me that if all the X’s and O’s are oriented correctly before you begin and assuming you don’t change their orientation, I don’t see why proper orientation would be a concern.

Or perhaps what is being referred to here is the order the tiles are in?

I guess I’m missing something as I’m not very familiar with the method. But I am very interested in this as a reveal to a mentalism routine I’d like to do prior to this.
Anxiously awaiting some reviews to come in.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Everything depends on the second move. If the second step to any angle - we work with orientation and a simple formula. (The most ideal option is the Right upper corner)
Smile
(I understand it's difficult without knowing the trick - it's a puzzle).
In other cases - in addition to orientation, we need the knowledge - Bond Lee teaches in DVD. This will take some time to practice - training and memorizing schemes. But I will tell you - the quality of video and teaching - all at the highest level. Laconically and visually.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Watch the demo video at the parlor section. Watch his action as he turns the board around, that should explain what we are talking about.
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlgdMu1MiHQ

Watch a full performance here

Watch how he has to re-orientate the middle piece to match the direction of the other pieces. Also notice that as he does the reveal he has to re-orientate that whole display.

If you guys arent cant getting the issue about the orientation thing, then perhaps that's a good thing cause it will things more deceptive when an audience attempts to reverse engineer the method, the orientation thing is what he confuse them from disconcerning the method 100%
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

If you want a more in-depth discussion - create a topic in a secret room. And we can share ideas.
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
parsimagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of parsimagic
I’m very interested in this effect as well. The one big question I have is “what are the restrictions of the image/photo/design in the reveal.” The ful performance shows a photo that doesn’t have symmetrical sides. If there are no real limitations on the image then I am in.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It's mental magic though isn't it...let's not call it mentalism...

Mentalism would just be a large pad and you'd draw the grid out etc... This looks gimmicky...

I'm sure it's great...
I've asked to be banned
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2018, IAIN wrote:
It's mental magic though isn't it...let's not call it mentalism...

Mentalism would just be a large pad and you'd draw the grid out etc... This looks gimmicky...

I'm sure it's great...

I feel like everyone has their own little definition of mentalism.. To me, mental magic means like.. Having someone think of a fruit and then changing a random fruit into their thought of fruit. Combines magic and mental stuff.

But since this is done without any magic happening I’d consider this mentalism for sure.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mentalism, in part, should be about avoiding all props, by props I mean objects that do not look natural...in this case, no one ever plays tic tac toe like this, except within the confines of a magic stage show...

If you pulled out these things and said to a friend "fancy a game", they'd be confused as it's normally played on a pad...
I've asked to be banned
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Hi,

I am an employee of Magiclism Store and trying to answer some of the common questions:

1. You can design and print your own image or message. This is great for venues like corporate shows, birthday parties and more. There is no restriction on the image, however you need to consider which size is more suitable for your performing venue. The Photoshop files are there to help you to print the correct sizes to match the parlor/ stage version.

2. The magician only has to place the first piece at the center when the trick starts. The audience will have a free choice, then there are multiple outs to ensure the trick will work fine. Sorry that I can’t give away too much about the mechanism, but I hope this is enough.

3. 6 pieces of rectangular acrylics are used to construct the board. 3 of them are horizontal and 3 of them are vertical. Making the whole package very portable when disassembled.

Kind regards,
Ian
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Hmm ..... you need to clarify the material from which the tiles with the image (X - O) are made.
Then everyone will have an idea of all the nuances of the prop.
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Looks very nice indeed regards Tarik 🙂
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I don't know if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone know the actual sizes of these when assembled?

Robert
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
As many of you know, this is a very old effect. For many years, I have been performing basically the same routine as in the youtube video, but using a selected card and a revelation of a drawing of the Mona Lisa holding their playing card.

I think this routine is better with just a plain plexiglass with nine small pieces of double stick tape and nine laminated square cards.

I'm not sure what their handling is, because my handling is a bit closer to the original effect, where the performer starts by placing a tile in the middle. With my handling, 95% of the time I play the tiles in order. 5% of the time I have to play the tiles in a slightly different order, but it plays just the same.

If anyone is interested in my handling, send me a pM.

KJ
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2018, Eugene Chekhov wrote:
Hmm ..... you need to clarify the material from which the tiles with the image (X - O) are made.
Then everyone will have an idea of all the nuances of the prop.

Those are made with polystyrene foam. The light weight makes them very portable and you won't need very strong magnets to attach them onto the board.
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2018, Robert Sixx wrote:
I don't know if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone know the actual sizes of these when assembled?

Robert

For parlor size, the board is 39cm x 39cm wide.
For stage size, the board is 75cm x 75cm wide.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, john G wrote:
Looks cool but too expensive imo
John

If you can basically do the X-O pattern to come out as you want then you could create a cheaper version using paper and cardboard.
Personally will try to make one. I'm sure it will not look anything as nice but the effect can be just as strong.
Imagine at a kids birthday you do this and when you turn it around it says "Happy Birthday XXXX".