The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Puzzle me this... :: Next solve to learn after Cube3's beginner's method? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
I've gotten pretty good at the beginner's method taught on Cube3. I can do it consistently between 1.5 and 2 minutes.
I suppose I should step up and learn the next level, but I'm very intimidated.
Does anyone recommend a particular solution and resource for jumping up to the next level? (Whatever is easiest along that path!)

Thanks!
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
You should join the Reddit sub r/Cubers. The people are super nice and helpful over there. After beginners method, assuming you want to continue with CFOP, I would recommend learning these things next.

1. Efficient cross solving - planning the whole cross in max. 8 moves.
2. F2L - it will take a while to learn, start early.
3. 2-Look PLL (5 algorithms)
4. 2-Look OLL (9 algorithms)
5. Full PLL (16 algorithms + 5 you know = 21 total)

That's as far as I've gotten. You can learn full OLL but it's 57 algorithms total.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Resources:
www.cubeskills.com for most things but I prefer J Perm on YouTube for his F2L guide PDF and videos.
matsam
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matsam
Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it.
DragonLore
View Profile
New user
Toronto
76 Posts

Profile of DragonLore
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2018, scott0819 wrote:
You should join the Reddit sub r/Cubers. The people are super nice and helpful over there. After beginners method, assuming you want to continue with CFOP, I would recommend learning these things next.

1. Efficient cross solving - planning the whole cross in max. 8 moves.
2. F2L - it will take a while to learn, start early.
3. 2-Look PLL (5 algorithms)
4. 2-Look OLL (9 algorithms)
5. Full PLL (16 algorithms + 5 you know = 21 total)

That's as far as I've gotten. You can learn full OLL but it's 57 algorithms total.

An old post, but still very useful —and J Perm is actually still around. —A belated thanks…