The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Periods & styles of Magic :: Character and Theatrical Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Hey guys! It's been a long time since I've posted on the Café so I imagine most people don't know who I am. I specialize in character based theatrical magic and do a full evening narrative show as a character.
I wrote a book about this subject and the details process to create character, specifically a historically inspired character in my book Theatrical Magic. It's availble again in paperback on Amazon for just $10 and I recommend it for anyone looking to create a character. There are reviews of the book posted elsewhere in the Café and you can check those out...
What I didn't know when I was writing the book was that my style actually has a name - Dieselpunk. Since I was last active here on the Café I started The Dieselpunk Podcast. If anyone what's to learn about Dieselpunk, I suggest they take a listen on itunes or Stitcher!

Anyway, I am a resource for any one looking to develop character, backstorys, to write a narrative, or needing authoritative info on the various genrepunks out there, particularly Dieselpunk.

Feel free to engage!
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
168 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Thanks I just bought your book.....I look forward to reading it!
Bruce
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2018, drmolarmagic wrote:
Thanks I just bought your book.....I look forward to reading it!
Bruce

Great! Let me know if it was of any value - especially the character development chapters. And if you do like it, I'd appreciate a review on Amazon... Smile
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
168 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Just realized I never circled back on this, I really enjoyed the book, and I do like you character development process. I will certainly recommend it to others.
I'll stop by amazon.com and write a review happily.
I'm a graduate of the NY Goofs Clown School and have worked with theatrical magicians and circus performers for years so I appreciate the topic and agree with your approach.
Bruce
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I LOVE diesel punk!