The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Notes from a Designer's Logbook - by George Ledo :: Sorry about the photos in my posts here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3044 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
As many of you know, Photobucket decided to start charging almost $400 a year for people to be able to do "third party hosting," i.e., have their photos viewable on other sites. Needless to say, a lot of people like me, who had previously posted photos in blogs and similar places under their old way of doing things, feel that this new policy amounts to a ransom demand and are refusing to pay the fee.

I have no problem with them wanting to make money. However, I feel that, if they wanted to change the policy, they should have grandfathered the millions of photos that they had already allowed to be "third party hosted" for free, or -- at the very least -- imposed a more reasonable fee for those photos. They didn't do either one.

Like many of us, I can't just drop everything and reload those photos to another service. Over the next few months I'll go though my posts and see what I can do. In the meantime, I'm sorry things turned out this way.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"