The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Twister Flavor by Snake and Tumi Magic (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'm curious as to which version
is more popular...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I use Trident version and because I'm a diabetic (type 2) I say that I can't chew gum with sugar so I chew sugar free gum...I do the effect as I'm telling them this. So for me the Trident works best.

Good magic to all,

Eric
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I'm using chicklet because I also use dollar to chicklet by twister magic...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Randy. How is the dollar to chicklet? I was also going to get that
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
A good deal. You can customize different bills. Being in Canada I have to crease the snot out of the plastic bill so it is flat. It isn t ideal But it works. But with regular bills it is sweet.

The bill to gum will last long and you can end clean with it. Pass it out... then switch it for twister gum and bang. Split to 2 gums...makes a nice routine. The bill to gum is good value for your money
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Thank you sounds really good. I’m sold
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, randyburtis wrote:
A good deal. You can customize different bills. Being in Canada I have to crease the snot out of the plastic bill so it is flat. It isn t ideal But it works. But with regular bills it is sweet.

The bill to gum will last long and you can end clean with it. Pass it out... then switch it for twister gum and bang. Split to 2 gums...makes a nice routine. The bill to gum is good value for your money

Had to smile. This is what I am doing too. Smile as I was able to get the dollar to gum at a nice price during the MArch sale. It is a pretty awesome effect. I also thought about getting Sticky Situation by Andy Leviss presented by Rick Lax to work in with these. Only if I can pick it up cheap though. Also looking at BILL TASTE by ZiHu. There are some other ok gum effects out there too that might work with these as well. I tend to get the different effects available within the same prop/gimmick/effect category. I'm a shopaholic that way.

As far as the twister flavor and the gum to dollar they don't quite match up packaging/label exacts and size wise but it doesn't really matter as like you said after you change bill to gum let them examine it shortly then switch to Twister Flavor and quickly bust it into 2 gums they shouldn't even notice if done with some management.

Definitely some possibilities.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, BifKahuna wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2018, randyburtis wrote:

Had to smile. This is what I am doing too. Smile as I was able to get the dollar to gum at a nice price during the MArch sale. It is a pretty awesome effect. I also thought about getting Sticky Situation by Andy Leviss presented by Rick Lax to work in with these. Only if I can pick it up cheap though. Also looking at BILL TASTE by ZiHu. There are some other ok gum effects out there too that might work with these as well. I tend to get the different effects available within the same prop/gimmick/effect category. I'm a shopaholic that way.

As far as the twister flavor and the gum to dollar they don't quite match up packaging/label exacts and size wise but it doesn't really matter as like you said after you change bill to gum let them examine it shortly then switch to Twister Flavor and quickly bust it into 2 gums they shouldn't even notice if done with some management.

Definitely some possibilities.

Great minds think alike lol.
If the dollar to chicklet box is different enough it is also easy to find a similar box and make the dollar to gum up with it.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Penguin has the Chicklet version back in stock - and on sale

Ed
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
True Randy the dollar to gum seems easy enough to build to order so to speak. In combo with twister flavor it should get some good reactions.
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
Hello friends, I want to thank for the review, excellent work. Any questions about the product, I will gladly answer. Excellent week
CoffeeWithMagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of CoffeeWithMagic
I just saw this on Murphy's Magic Instagram account, and hadn't seen it before.
I think it looks great, and the fact it comes working out of the box is a big plus imo.

For those of you that have been using it, is it still holding up well?

I'm always interested in these type of tricks, but rarely get them because of longevity issues.
Though, also seeing the other trick mentioned here is interesting as well, and I didn't know about that one until this thread.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I agree that longevity could indeed be an issue. As with many magic effects, one should practice many, many times before presenting to an audience. And there is the possibility that wear and tear could start to have a detrimental effect even before one presents to a real audience.

But I have found this true with a beaucoup of effects, to be fair.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Just want to add my thanks to the creators for such a lovely, visual, extremely well made prop. I love this, it's so fast and no nonsense... spot on. Exactly what I like. Really good job.

I have coated mine in cellotable (not going over the folds) to provide some protection which works well.

Thanks guys,

Love this,
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
Thank you daffydoug and magicmarkworldwide2 for your honesty. We believe that everything depends on how you use it. I always use it in my performances, I have it for about 7 months and it is in perfect conditions. Another good point is that once you have the product, you can create another one with all the materials.
Bondi
View Profile
New user
Cornwall
52 Posts

Profile of Bondi
Can't wait for these to be back in stock,have been waiting for the trident version here in the uk for nearly a month.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Anyone know where to pick one of these up in the US?
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
Are ungimmicked trident boxes common. I'm in the US and haven't seen this style but maybe I haven't been looking too hard as well
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Chiclets have been discontinued in North America and so ungimmicked boxes seem impossible to find.

Ed
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Amazon.