The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Twister Flavor by Snake and Tumi Magic (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I got mine today. Haven’t reviewed the video yet but played with the gimmicks. Really cool. Looks really good so far.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
How well made is it? Will it handle regular use?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Also is it really ready to go?

Good magic to all,

Eric
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Yes its ready to go. No need to do anything. Its made good. I would not want to sit on it. Not sure on how long it will last with normal use. I can see some things wearing out over time.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I believe the ad said it shows how to fix it. does it appear to be an easy fix or do you need a masters level in DIY repairs Smile
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Thank you Mr Effecto much appreciated. I ordered through HP because they included a Seal the Deal and free shipping offer. It will go out tomorrow so I'm thinking it will be here on Monday. I'm looking forward to this very much.

Good magic to all,

Eric
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Got mine. First impression is that it is very nicely made and deceptive. But it is lightweight card board or card stock so obviously you don't want to sit on it or step on it, etc.
With care it should hold up pretty well. There are some instructions on how to use and repair but they are subtitled in English so a bit hard to follow if you can't speak the language. The subtitle will show a single line and then he will talk for 45 seconds so obviously you are not getting all the information but it's easy to get the gist.

My hands are a bit on the smaller side so I have to change the handling slightly, or maybe not, it's still very new and still playing with it.
Overall I do like it a lot although I do anticipate it accidently getting crushed in my pocket if I carry it with me very often. But maybe that's just me. But as long as it doesn't get horribly mangled you can probably still revive it and use it so that may not be a major concern.

With some practice I think the effect can look every bit as good as it does in the demo.

I do wish they would make a law prohibiting using either (or both) a capital O and a zero in passwords or websites.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I reckon I could make a thin hard plastic case for this so you could pop it in your back pocket without fear of it getting crushed.

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Kind of like a card guard but protected from all sides
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
This is great, it looks just as good as the video and is very easy to handle. Well done.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not available in the U.K. Smile
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

I know I'm looking forward to receiving this. I'm pretty excited about this effect mainly because it is such a generic item. You have a reason to carry this and it looks so normal yet what happens is amazing! So I wait out the weekend, and all of you know that feeling lol.

Good magic to all,

Eric
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, The great Gumbini wrote:
I know I'm looking forward to receiving this. I'm pretty excited about this effect mainly because it is such a generic item. You have a reason to carry this and it looks so normal yet what happens is amazing! So I wait out the weekend, and all of you know that feeling lol.

Good magic to all,

Eric

You are going to like this Eric! I received mine a few days ago but have been recovering from being sick and have not posted here in a while. Anyway, I finally got a chance to examine this and I really like it! A lot of fun to do. Though, I am having trouble finding the right size "tablet" pieces of gum. It seems a lot of places around here are not making them anymore. This may become a problem. Anybody else having trouble finding them?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Twister Flavor by Snake and Tumi Magic.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Got mins till today. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Not a bit sorry I dropped some bucks on this one. Looks very well constructed. Of course, you have to be reasonably careful, but if you don't abuse it, it should have a good, long life.

And let me add, it was made with precision. No sloppy workmanship, here. They did a quality job in constructing it. They obviously took pains. Mine works PERFECTLY, with no glitches.

I think with extremely minimal practice, I'll have this ready to present to real people.

I concede that I had HALF the methodology figured out in my brain, but how they got it to go from two packs of gum to one solid box that you can show BOTH SIDES burned my brain. It seems to "meld." It was the melding part that smoked me. Now I know, and I am a cappy hamper.

As I said, I will DEFINIITLY be carrying this everywhere I go as an ice-breaker.

Very pleased with my purchase.

And as for those who asked about arts and crafts, on first glance, I think it will take minimal skill to repair or construct a new one from scratch. Should not be hard at all, I would think. One would just have to be meticulous about their craftsmanship, as the makers have.

And I have to emphasize, because it bears repeating, that this is the closest thing I have seen to a camera effect since I purchased Rob Bromley''s "Flash Color Changing Card Case", many, many years ago. That change happened in a blink, too, but used a totally different technology.

I like this!!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

So yours came in that nice box you are holding? The black one?

Sounds like you and the other really positive people here got a different product then I did. Mine came in a ziplock bag and no video link. Mine is really badly made. Flimsy and feels like it's about to fall apart, I don't see this holding up long at all. The stickers/labels are on crooked and everything just seems to not match up strait.

If I can ever get the video I already hear from some other folks that it is not very good and to top it off it is in spanish and if you don't know spanish you have to Read the subtitles and as everyone knows it is hard to watch and learn a video if you are concentrating and reading the subtitles.

So far I am not happy. IMO
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, BifKahuna wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

So yours came in that nice box you are holding? The black one?

Sounds like you and the other really positive people here got a different product then I did. Mine came in a ziplock bag and no video link. Mine is really badly made. Flimsy and feels like it's about to fall apart, I don't see this holding up long at all. The stickers/labels are on crooked and everything just seems to not match up strait.

If I can ever get the video I already hear from some other folks that it is not very good and to top it off it is in spanish and if you don't know spanish you have to Read the subtitles and as everyone knows it is hard to watch and learn a video if you are concentrating and reading the subtitles.

So far I am not happy. IMO

Which website did you buy this from.

Sleepy
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
I got it from Penguin.

I should correct myself a bit and be fair on the build it isn't "really" badly made lets just say not that great instead.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Same here.got it from Penguin. But mine was of the good quality I described.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
That is good to hear daffydoug. Did yours come in a ziplock bag and not the box shown? Also if someone can PM me I think I found on a tiny paper with a link address for the instruction video but when I type it in it takes me to a page on that says video no longer available. I will pm back what I have and maybe you can tell me if you got the same link.

I am really trying to find a way to like this as the effect is pretty. I am not complaining just to complain I want this to work out. Would like to get the video and see how if they show how they drop the pieces of gum out without it rattling when they do the moves since there is no separate little compartment or for the pieces.

Like I said also the quality isn't horrible but it isn't top notch either I would say medium quality. But maybe I can work with that if I got the box and video. Who knows trying to stay positive.