The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Twister Flavor by Snake and Tumi Magic (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
705 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
The Trident blue gimmick I have I see in stores everywhere I go ( I’m in Westchester County, New York). Are people still struggling to find it? I keep a regular ungimmicked box of Trident, and an ungimmicked pack of Doublemint and Juicy Fruit with me along with the gimmick.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
SO, funny thing about this. WHen I saw it on video I was blown away. It looks like a camera trick! And it looks EXACTLY like this in performance.
HOWEVER, in performance, it gets ZERO reaction. Why? Because it is too strong. Too perfect. It looks like a camera trick and audiences do not register it.
SO, I have been doing a slow transformation in my hand, covering the change completely. This has gotten incredibly strong reactions. It looks like magic and not a camera trick.
Just as a heads up...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
Hi all,
I want to tell you that he returned to Murphys Magic "Twister Flavor". Now it has a QR code and in two versions in AUDIO; English and Spanish. Enjoy it!
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2018, Illusionist Snake wrote:
Hi all,
I want to tell you that he returned to Murphys Magic "Twister Flavor". Now it has a QR code and in two versions in AUDIO; English and Spanish. Enjoy it!

Yes, this is what I just got...but I can't read one of these QR codes and they do not provide a link otherwise in the box.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This is the greatest product I’ve seen in a long time! Afraid of wearing down the ends by opening up to offer a piece. Is it overkill to have to offer both types of gum. Can I just offer a long piece after I’ve changed it and then eat one? I just don’t want to wear out the nubs you know? Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I was just with Snake this weekend.

Guy is very creative, he is from Peru.

I got to see this up close, and its really good.

Both versions, Trident and Chiclets.

He has something new coming out on Dec 15th, a TnR effect.

Look for it

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Illusionist Snake
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Illusionist Snake
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, RC4MAG wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2018, Illusionist Snake wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, this is what I just got...but I can't read one of these QR codes and they do not provide a link otherwise in the box.

Any link takes you to the other video; Spanish or English!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3699 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Fast forward 5 months. I've had my Trident pack for about three months, and take it everywhere I go. It's easy to carry, and you're ready to perform at a moment's notice. After a couple of months of heavy duty use, the box started to "collapse". On the open ends, I glued two match sticks (the big wooden ones), opposite corner to opposite corner. I can't put gum inside, but I guess this is the price you pay for a workable gimmick. One of the long ends of the Trident box is slightly bowed out, but I push it back in and it doesn't seem to affect the working. I've also had to color in parts of the "Trident" logo with a black magic marker. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the trick, however I would pay more money for a better constructed unit.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
If you like the Twister Flavor gimmick you may wish to consider Delicious Change as well. Personally I like it better.
Can’t say that it is any more durable, they seem very comparable to me. But it’s an excellent gaff that is fun to perform and that also comes ready to go straight out of the box.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11629
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3366 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I sold both Twister Flavor & Delicious change too Delicate.
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
Will this be back in stock?
Nigel Quinn
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
118 Posts

Profile of Nigel Quinn
'Erick and his team have worked very hard for this and are about to release the Tumi Magic website and all social networks. New stock of Twister Flavor this week.' https://tumimagic.com
Q U I N
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
Any UK people here and which gum you use in the trident pack?
I can't see trident gum here and tried airwaves but it does not fit in the Trident pack.
Maybe I need to look a little more
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
I build all of my own magic. This is the only effect I've ever purchased. I thought it would be the perfect way to approach a table. If you live in Southern California, you've certainly had a kid run up to you shouting, "Chiclet! Chiclet!" and rattling a box in your face 😂 so this effect doubles as strong visual magic and a joke.

After watching various handings and reading people complain a little of talking, I thought for sure this was going to have m*****s. Mine doesn't have any. Have they always been without or was mine built differently?

And the instructional link I received in the packaging is dead. Do I need to email them about this, or is this one of those things where I'm so late to the party that I just need to figure it out myself?
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I’m in the UK and I have packs and packs of it unopened that I got shipped from the states a couple of years ago.
If you want it I am happy to send it to you if you pm me Gaz 😊
Arthur Chiu
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Arthur Chiu
Hi everyone, just received Twister Flavor and did a quick performance video. Let me know what you think -

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CV2u7ZzD47X......opy_link
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hola all,

Apparently there is a Twister 2.0 out, which is more durable and comes with a protective case.
Just wondered if anyone has purchased it, and could offer a review?

Thanks

Joogy
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I wonder if "more durable" means they use plastic now? I loved Twister Flavor when mine was still in good condition.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2024, joogy wrote:
Hola all,

Apparently there is a Twister 2.0 out, which is more durable and comes with a protective case.
Just wondered if anyone has purchased it, and could offer a review?

Thanks

Joogy

It’s shipping now so we should have some reviews soon.