The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Greatest impromptuTricks Suggestions for Book (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
brovzar
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of brovzar
I'm putting together a collection of the greatest impromptu magic effects for a possible book that I will publish and I was wondering what your thoughts are on what the top 10 or 5 impromptu tricks are. Please let me know, if possible, where they are currently in print or video fro copyright purposes.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
The one where you get people to give you items for a book and then you publish it.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have release two of a series of five ebooks on Lybrary.com. They offer a combined 33 combined impromptu effect using 'found' objects.

The other books will contain that many or more incredible effects, each supported by in depth logic as to why and when as well as the how.

If you find any of these to your liking you can write me for permission to publish it.

"Found and F.U.N. Series" - "Single Stone", "Pair of Stones"

They are 'the greatest" because they are the result of tens of thousands of impromptu presentations over a forty year period -
and I am not releasing those that are only so-so.

By the way, I hope you mean "impromptu" and not "what do you carry in your pocket?"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
You guys are answering to a post of 19 years ago 😃
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2021, pabloinus wrote:

Better late than never.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2021, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:

Better late than never.

up too early and didn't notice. Thanks. Well, my points are valid anytime.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2021, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:

Better late than never.

😂
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
If you're outside, or in a parking lot, etc., do the three ball trick with pebbles, the way it probably started.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
From "Ball, Cup and Me"
Moon and Stone
Ung sat cross-legged beside the fire where the flickering tongues of eager flames cast prancing shadows onto the granite wall. His was the job of tending the fire. His was the curse to miss the hunt. His was the blessing to watch over the children. One shattered foot curled beneath his furs in shame, though innocent eyes watched only his fingers weaving dream patterns across the stones. Some of the children knew of their totem and stilled their hearts should that image appear and they betray a secret bond. Beyond the ring of playful glow Ung knew the men and women of the Clan we coupled in the huts and nearby woods. He smiled inwardly. It was for this he was allowed an Elder’s share of the found and gather, and a bit of heart from the hunt. All eyes watched his hands. It was enough.
Earlier that day he had found a curious rounded stone, one half white and the other black. He held it up high at his finger-tips with only part of the white showing and slowly raised his head towards the clouds. They parted to reveal the crescent moon as an echo to his stone. All eyes traveled from the cloud window to the stone and back. Laughter! Slowly Ung passed his right hand over the stone while secretly rotating the spheroid sleightly. The children’s eyes stared at the stone alone. Again and again he hid the stone with his hand, then to drop it to reveal a new phase of the blessed moon. With a final pass he intended to turn the black side out completely but accidentally dropped it! He tried to catch it but it fell unnoticed to his lap, the fall completely masked by his arm. Gasps! As it happened the clouds closed at that moment to hide the passing moon, and Ung held his hands close to the fire to show that the stone was gone. The children whispered amongst themselves, not a little afraid at what had transpired.
Ung had an inspiration! With his left hand held high rotating in the mystical fire-light he claimed the errant stone in his right hand. Again he made a pass before his left fist, dropping the stone into its palm just before it closed. He waved his right hand as if to keep the children from coming to close, then pointed to the sky where the moon was being revealed once more – then to his left hand and the gleaming stone. Magic was born!
No!
A magician was born.

Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Due to the age of this post and the relatively few answers which were provided... I am curious to find out if this book ever made it to publication??
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
As far as I know no, but I'm not sure
Halmac
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama USA
169 Posts

Profile of Halmac
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2022, Luke Jonas wrote:
Due to the age of this post and the relatively few answers which were provided... I am curious to find out if this book ever made it to publication??

I never saw the finished product either...
Hal,
Close Up Awesome-ness
HalSaxonMagic.com