The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: What are the BEST tricks to put in wallet? (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
I’ve found carrying playing cards in your wallet (especially during the summer) is just a horrid idea because they get mangled in the heat, sat on etc... I use my back pocket as my Normal wallet pocket. The JOL packet holder is a much better place to store and keep them. I meant rejoined express in my other comment.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is an old thread, but I thought I would add an update. I see posts like "What turned up". That is a great trick, but it uses TEN cards! I can't speak for everyone, but I am not going to carry ten cards in my wallet for a trick. My criteria is the smaller the better. Everything I have has to be three items or less. Here are some things I might have in my wallet:

A small gimmicked leather coin pouch I invented that allows me to do a variety of coin tricks
A small envelope with my version of Positive/Negative (Similar to the Ultimate Positive/Negative)
A mentalism card for an effect I call "Bucket List"
A double out handmade envelope with two mini cards in it (Queen of clubs and Queen of Spades)
A credit card gimmick to do pen through borrowed credit card
A single mis-made dollar bill.
A 100 dollar monopoly money bill
A Yes/No gimmick where I can predict the correct Yes/no answer to any question they might have
3 rubber bands

On my Keychain I have:
Two woven paracords
One skeleton key

On my finger I have one wedding ring

These are enough props to do a full mini impromptu show.

KJ
chinablue
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of chinablue
I've been playing around with ring and string effects using two rings.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Ultimate Positive Negative by John Cesta
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
A random card... Just in case it's ever named Smile
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I have a minimalist wallet (abet with a lot of sleeves in it). I can fit:
3 by Steve valentine (best packet trick ever)
Forgotten Princesses
2 dollar window
Greed
5 to 1 bill transpo

Keychain pouch: hopping halves w some coins
Ring flight

Wrist : bands
Finger: ring

Always ready for a miracle
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
If you carry business cards, Volition by Joel Dickinson is easy to do. Powerball 60 and Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders are both easily carried in a wallet. There are many great packet tricks mentioned by previous Café members (I highly agree with Stand Up Monte, Tornado, B'Wave, etc.). If you are carrying keys, Freakey or Ignition are fun options.
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
87 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
+1 for powerball 60, seems many here will agree it should be in every magicians wallet. DOLLAR TO CREDIT CARD 2.0 by George Iglesias is one I've had fun with in the past when going to pay for things.
SoloDoubleAct
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
83 Posts

Profile of SoloDoubleAct
One of my favorite tricks I almost always have in my wallet is Get Lucky by Ran Pink, as seen on Conscious Magic DVD 2. A lottery effect that requires no gimmicks and uses real lotto tickets and stubs! Especially when the lotto gets up to crazy high numbers like it did in the last few weeks, any lottery based effect really captures the audiences imagination. I prefer this one because these are real tickets, like I said! That means I can stop by any gas station or grocery store and have a powerful magic effect re-stocked and ready to go with a $2 dollar investment, even if I'm traveling. And, while it hasn't hit yet, I technically could win on that ticket, right?
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
My EDC is Power Ball 60, Ignition, Holy Moly, Wonder Bill, Disappearing Coin to envelop in Jerry OConnel Wallet. I’m thinking of adding Hancock Effect, Copper-Silver and Shrapnel.
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
For packet tricks, I thumb up NFW, Tricycle Cards from John Guastaferro' sSecond Storm, Repeat from Shoot Ogawa's Busters 1. However, I think it's not a good idea to carry cards in the wallet for long time. Cards will bend.
For coin tricks, four coins with a shell is handy. Always ready to perform card across or matrix variations.
Maybe the best accommadated prop in a wallet is cash. Although I haven't tried yet, the 5 to 1 transpo, extreme burn, et al. seem great.
Hope helps
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2020, Sophocles wrote:
Ultimate Positive Negative by John Cesta

Yep, that’s a great one alright. 👍🏽

I’ve been carrying a few in my wallet for years, actually got one in there right now…Always amazing and fun! 😉
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Rubberbands and Hundy 500
KMagic
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of KMagic
NFW and BWave
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Powerball 60, business cards, billet paper.