The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: What are the BEST tricks to put in wallet? (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
As I got a new bigger wallet recently, I wonder what tricks to put in my wallet for any unprepared performance.

Any suggestions of good tricks that pack small in wallet? Non-card is alsowelcome.

Thank you.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
I've always got a couple of elastic bands in my wallet for TRU by Menny Lindenfeld
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4196 Posts

Profile of warren
You should check out the following thread as it has lots of suggestions http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=52
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Cool Cash by John T. Sheets.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
ACE by Richard Sanders.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3079 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Check Jeff Praces's site He has lots of wallet stuff
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Wonderland Bill all the way. It's intended for a wallet.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There's been a lot of good tricks mentioned here so far, but for me in my wallet a good one to carry (that I've carried for many years now) is from one of our very own here on the Café...John Cesta's, Ultimate Positive Negative. What a great little trick! Smile

And it's about the only trick I ever carry in my wallet. Smile It is so engaging, brings about the abstract of 3 invisible coins delivering an amazing prediction, leaving the spec with something in their hands that they just can't believe just happened...all from the flat-pack of your wallet. Smile I always carry a few on me.

Packs small, plays BIG! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
iccemann101
View Profile
New user
Dark Side of the Moon
50 Posts

Profile of iccemann101
I like to keep Elmsley's 4 card trick on me to do something quick.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
At least one version of Positive/Negative (I prefer Eugene Burger’s most, Scott Guinn’s Positive Increases is also great, and while I like Cesta’s, I personally prefer the other two).

A version of the five to one bill trans P.O. is a great wallet trick (I particularly like the one from Jeff Korn/Paul Vigil in Doors of Deception, as well as David Parr’s And Eugene Burger’s versions. There are others...eg Cool cash, worth looking into).

Wonderland bill is a nice puzzle-like piece of strange

Some cash changes are nice (extreme burn, Einhorn’s Instachange, a tipless bill switch like Lovick’s handling can be used for many things - mismade, paper to bill, counterfeiting, $100 change, etc.)

Another some like if you don’t mind some prep would be Fraud by Daniel Garcia.

Some cards stuff might be Rick Lax’s stuff (Contact, tornado, etc), or Color Monte. I also always carry a card to do card from phone (scatter or other force), as well as Seven, a fantastic mentalism effect from Byrn Reynolds’ Safwan Papers.

If you have a coin or two you can do the impossible balancing bill, Fading Coin, a which hand effect (eg Tequila Hustler), one coin routine, etc.

Also Lonnie Chevrie’s Clean Thru/Clear Thru is a nice set of impromptu bill tricks to know, not considering all the other impromptu/situational magic you can know!

Lastly, you could always pack in some Loops or rubber bands for tons of other effects you can do, etc.

Of course, this doesn’t even get into the fantastic smart phone effects out there, such as Digital Force Bag, WikiTest, Inject, etc.

Just a few ideas...
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, sgtgrey wrote:

Another some like if you don’t mind some prep would be Fraud by Daniel Garcia.
... as well as Seven, a fantastic mentalism effect from Byrn Reynolds’ Safwan Papers.

Thanks for the mention, SGT!

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
B'Wave, Two Dollar Window.
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
Sgtgrey + 1
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, sgtgrey wrote:
At least one version of Positive/Negative (I prefer Eugene Burger’s most, Scott Guinn’s Positive Increases is also great, and while I like Cesta’s, I personally prefer the other two).

Where can I find Eugene Burger’s version?

Thank you.

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I carry B'wave and 8 card brainwave in a small plastic wallet. They would be fine in a wallet where the card cards don't bend. Both get excellent reactions.
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
122 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
I used to keep BWavein my wallet. I guess NFW would be a good choice or color Monte.
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I don't tend to carry around props when I'm not working, but I do have the little wooden discs from Elmwoods Free Will in my wallet.
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
122 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
Giving this some thought I realized that most packet tricks are "one trick ponies" and you would need a pretty big wallet to have a bunch of tricks in your wallet. This got me thinking that Four Aces would allow you to do:
1. Last Trick of Dr. Daley
2. Twisting the Aces
3. Sanverted
4. If you don't mind destroying a card you can finish with Card Warp

I know I missed some but that's a lot of mileage from 4 cards.
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2544 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just curious what kind of wallet you guys who say you are putting packet tricks in your wallet are carrying? I carry a big hipster style wallet and even crammed full of plastic credit cards it still bends. If I put a packet trick in my wallet the cards would be warped and ruined within a day.
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I have the Jerry O'Connell Packet Trick Wallet, which carries my ID, a credit card and some cash. It also can carry several packet tricks and a few coins. Here is what I keep inside: B'Wave, 4 aces (Twisting or Dr. Daleys) a few spare cards for card warp, Sankey's Unharmed, and a copper and silver coin. It's like a magic-show-to-go! And it all fits in my front pocket.