The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Best 'In the Spectator Hand Effects' (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Further to the topic in The Workers (CARDS), would like to get your advice (and maybe build up here a list) on In the Spec HAnds effects.

- Bounce no bounce
- Changing coins
- Vodoo smoke
- Bill to sugar
- sponge balls
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Add on :
- coin to watch
- coin s flight
- cockroach to back of hand
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Double cross end permanently in the end of your spectator. Bare could be in this category too.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have several effects ending with a "vanish to empty"in a spectator's hand,
but given that many notable magicians say this is impossible, I will not list them.

There is also a many finger ring effects that happen in their hands.

"Changing coins" could include both "Color changes" and "Transpositions" and "multiply or reduce" either size or quantity

Many mental magic/mentalism effects are specific as to "in their hand."

I would suggest that any complete list should embrace the concept that "in their hand" is different from "not in yours"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
I do 2 card monte, it kills.
Youri
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Youri
Hello,

sponge balls are great. Double cross works fine. I haven't try it but I think that a deck of card changing into an omnideck would be strong.
Aslo, Gaston Quieto has a ring on spectator's finger which should just kill. He explains it in his penguin lecture.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Sponge balls.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Scotch & Soda (as one example of coin transpo mentioned above)
Bill Tube
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Some effects not mentioned yet are Ash/Lipstick to Palm, Coin bending and Coin Loading onto spectator's palm.
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
Is time for Magic Ding Dong!
Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Any pendulum routine in which the participant(s) is/are holding the pendulum.
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Black Envelope by Bob Kohler
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Double cross
Signed card transpo
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2150 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I’ve got to go with the pendulum suggestion by Escamoteur. When that weight on a chain starts moving, it seems so impossible. When it changes direction, that hits hard.

I think it is important to establish a reason for using the pendulum, but that can be as simple as just showing an amazing curiosity. I will either lead into a reading or into a living/dead test. Either way, the pendulum makes a selection and does it in their hand.

Patrick
bluejay17!
View Profile
Regular user
DC
120 Posts

Profile of bluejay17!
Making an object get hot in their hands, that feels so real, also getting heavier.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Lonnie Chevre does trick called "A Card Called Bob" It's like anniversary waltz where you and spectator sign different cards, then end up next to each other in pack, and then he does a visual change in which signatures end up on both cards. I changed ending. I put both cards in between spectator's hands and have them rub cards a bit. Then open up, and the change happens in their hands.

Big reactions every time. Can be done with any deck, no setup. It's a go to trick.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2019, magicianbrady wrote:
Black Envelope by Bob Kohler

Hi Brady, can you describe this effect please?
Art
Use the FORCE Luke.
walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
107 Posts

Profile of walidosama
I like that trick david blaine do when he gives him 10 cards and ask him to put it in his pocket and then add more cads to them it has good reaction
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
Any time you can involve a spectator, it immediately pulls them into your show and creates a great experience for everyone.
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hi I liked your mention of cockroach to the back of hand. unfortunately, I have had people scream too intensely sometimes with this type of trick.
Advice?