The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Armando Lucero New DVD Set (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
SansMinds Magic forum Staff
34 Posts

Profile of Christopher James Rose
Hello Everyone,

The full trailer for Armando Lucero's Paper Cuts is now live. Just visit the product page at:

www.sansminds.com/armando

Christopher
clars
View Profile
Regular user
Folsom Ca
116 Posts

Profile of clars
What do you receive for 150.00, the way it is stated on the site, is it just digital downloads of the series. Then more cost to actually get the DVD's? Pretty confusing, to know what you actually get. Anyone one else see this?
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Well, it seems confusing for me too.
Does someone knows exactly what are the differents offers, their price and contents ?
GreenKnight33
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of GreenKnight33
Yes, agreed. Confusing. I love Armando and his serious passion for magic. But although the new video helps show what is on each DVD, I still don't understand the bundles etc. Can a SansMind representative pleasr step in here and clarify? Greatly appreciated. Thank you
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, GreenKnight33 wrote:
Can a SansMind representative pleasr step in here and clarify? Greatly appreciated. Thank you

Yes! Hello.

It seems that a few people have been confused, and so we will be redesigning the page as soon as we can. For now, if you scroll down on the product page and read the full description, that should be very helpful in explaining what the season pass is. For those of you that want the full story right now here is the deal...

The season pass is a digital product. By paying the $150 cost, you will get access to the 3 main DVDs of the project, delivered to your account digitally. Some bonus material will be included as well (such as full scripts with notes and further ideas about each routine and a few other things that we want to keep as surprises).

The two main benefits of this are that the total cost paid is lower than the full retail value of each DVD once we release them individually. As well, purchasers will get the DVD delivered to their account digitally on March 15th, whereas the physical DVDs don't ship until April 1st.

If you looked at the trailer, you will notice that there is a 4th DVD with bonus material, including a full interview with Armando and a few extra routines. This DVD will only be available with our box set options... but we will be releasing more details about that after the season pass sales end on March 15th.

Hopefully that clears everything up. But if not you can check out the product description (we put in an infographic) or you can just ask me anything you like.
clars
View Profile
Regular user
Folsom Ca
116 Posts

Profile of clars
Christopher: Clear as a bell..Thank you so much...My only Q's is on The 15th, do you receive all of the dvd's digitally..... complete? Thank you so much
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, clars wrote:
Christopher: Clear as a bell..Thank you so much...My only Q's is on The 15th, do you receive all of the dvd's digitally..... complete? Thank you so much

So glad to hear it.

On the 15th. Season pass holders will receive Volume 1 in their accounts digitally.

They will receive each volume 15 days prior to release date. Extras from Armando will be sent periodically after that.

Christopher
Dimithri Silva
View Profile
New user
Toronto
1 Post

Profile of Dimithri Silva
Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for your helpful answers. I would like to know if Season Pass holders would be able to purchase the 4th DVD as a download without having to buy a boxed set.

-Dimithri
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, Dimithri Silva wrote:
Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for your helpful answers. I would like to know if Season Pass holders would be able to purchase the 4th DVD as a download without having to buy a boxed set.

-Dimithri

My pleasure.

The 4th DVD will not be offered as a digital download, or be available as a separate purchase. Its contents (as well as several other perks we will announce soon) are reserved for purchasers of box sets or special edition box sets.
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
Hello Christopher,

will be all offers annouced before
the 15.03.2018?

Best

Antonio
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, antonio123 wrote:
Hello Christopher,

will be all offers annouced before
the 15.03.2018?

Best

Antonio

Every other purchase option will be announced on the 15th.

That will include just buying the individual DVDs one at a time as they come out. The exception being volume 4, which will only appear on the box set and special.edition.
antonio123
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
138 Posts

Profile of antonio123
This raises some questions. On 15th the sale for the season pass is over and you get the season pass with only the 3 DVD plus a little bonus. Does the box set and the special edition include the 3 dvds? Is it perhaps more advisable to wait for the special edition than to book the season pass when you want to get all of the stuff? somehow it's all a bit blurry and not really transparent.
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, antonio123 wrote:
This raises some questions. On 15th the sale for the season pass is over and you get the season pass with only the 3 DVD plus a little bonus. Does the box set and the special edition include the 3 dvds? Is it perhaps more advisable to wait for the special edition than to book the season pass when you want to get all of the stuff? somehow it's all a bit blurry and not really transparent.

Hmm. I am definitely disappointed that this is somehow still unclear. We will work on the product page to improve it as soon as possible.

To answer your question, boxed sets will include all 4 volumes of Paper Cuts, as well as several perks we are not yet mentioning.

The boxed sets and special edition boxed sets are physical products designed for Armando super fans, collectors, and completionists. The season pass was designed for those that just want The main information as soon as possible. And for everyone else, they can just buy the DVDs one volume at a time as we release them.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I also agree with those who think the description is pretty unclear, confusing. I pulled the trigger and paid for the season pass. After confirmation that I will not receive any DVDs, I asked for a refund. Brandon told me he put me on the waiting list for the refund. It's been days.

Do you know, Christopher, how long generally it takes to get a refund ? Thanks in advance.

If I knew from the description, that Season Pass is a download-only product, I wouldn't pull the trigger.
Personally, I would like to get these DVDs, I really want. Download at this price is ridiculous. I will never pay $150 for a download. At this price, it should be a physical product. Anyway, Armando is great. I'm quite excited.
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
I also agree with those who think the description is pretty unclear, confusing. I pulled the trigger and paid for the season pass. After confirmation that I will not receive any DVDs, I asked for a refund. Brandon told me he put me on the waiting list for the refund. It's been days.

Do you know, Christopher, how long generally it takes to get a refund ? Thanks in advance.

If I knew from the description, that Season Pass is a download-only product, I wouldn't pull the trigger.
Personally, I would like to get these DVDs, I really want. Download at this price is ridiculous. I will never pay $150 for a download. At this price, it should be a physical product. Anyway, Armando is great. I'm quite excited.

In our system, a refund does normally take a few days. But please send me a PM with your account information and I will take care of it personally so you won't have to worry.

Regarding price... anyone who has spent time with Armando or taken one of his exquisite private workshops will know that any price we could reasonably charge is a bargain. We created the download and Season Pass program to accommodate people that want to pay a slightly lower price for the material and want access to each DVD a little early, but aren't interested in having them physically or in bonus material that will be provided by us in the future.

You, like myself prefer physical DVDs and that's why those will be available very soon as well. And for the people that want to look into our special offers and packages, information about that will also be available soon.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
In regard to the price, I was shocked to see that it’s so low, and being released in a video format of any kind. I think anyone who knows Armando’s work and the value of his workshops, combined with the fact that his material is extremely exclusive, would agree. Personally, I too will be getting the physical product once the bundles come out. The fact that you are getting these effects, with the decades of thought behind them, along with the rights to perform them as you like is, in my mind, an incredible value. For those who cannot afford to go to a private workshop, this is an amazing gift.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks Christopher for offering your help. PM sent.

I agree that given Armando's prices, $150 for a download looks like a bargain. But to be honest, there are still other great magicians, yet at this price you get the DVDs. I mean, I heard that some great names take $100 for one hour Skype session, some others take $300. And others even more. I'm just saying that $150 a download, even if it's about Armando's material here, is still on the very expensive side.

In any case, I'm still very, very interested in the DVD set. Even if I have to pay a bit higher. At least with a DVD, you really own it for your collection. Some items become rare, as time passes.
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick announcement.

We will be sponsoring a Live event with Armando Lucero on Tuesday at 2pm Pacific. The idea is to have a Q&A session with Armando and just a general interview and conversation. We will let the viewers take the conversation wherever they want. But if you want to participate, just tune into SansMinds Magic on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.

We will also be doing a giveaway of 3 Paper Cuts Season passes. Tune in for a chance to win.

Christopher
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
Just want the producers to know that I am bowing out of this entirely. When I first heard about this production a couple of months ago I was SO excited. But I was immediately confused by all this Season Pass stuff, which was not clear on the website. I emailed Sans Mind about it but received no answer. I didn't know if I got DVD's or just digital files (which I don't like or want), and had other questions similar to the ones I've read here. I ended up on this forum because I finally decided to see if anyone else was having the same issues I was. Turns out the answer is certainly yes. Anyway, I've lost interest. Somewhere down the road I'll buy a used set of DVDs of they become available. Maybe Sans Mind has tried to be too "cute" with their approach to this whole thing, trying to generate interest by withholding information, creating special deals, shrouding the whole thing in mystery, and so on -- but they went too far to the point of being unclear and uncommunicative. Maybe I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I'm not going to reward this type of approach. I love that Juan Tamariz just comes out with beautifully packaged and wonderful DVDs, $150, plain and simple, and doesn't have to reply upon gimmicks to get us to buy his material.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I've requested a refund, it's been a while (5th march). Still nothing. I don't understand what is this "waiting list". Even with big firms, when I ask for a refund, it's immediate. No more than 24 hours. It's a shame it has to come to this, but yes, they are very uncommunicative, and not very reassuring. I'm afraid that tomorrow (the 15th) I won't be able to ask for a refund anymore if Season Pass content has been added to my account.