The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Armando Lucero New DVD Set (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
852 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I have no words for this, and I believe you won't as well...

https://www.sansminds.com/product/armando/
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1881 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Students and people who have taken Armando's workshops have known about this for a while now. This is the result of so many people stealing and publishing Armando's material as their own without credits. That said this Dvd set contains just material that is already out there. These Dvd's don't have anything from Pasteboards or Coin Menagerie workshops. People paid a lot of money for exclusivity of that material and Armando respects that. So no table card switches, no empanada, no matrix work ect. That said having seen some of the routines from this Dvd set there will be some really good visual material here but it wont be easy.

J-M
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
SansMinds Magic forum Staff
34 Posts

Profile of Christopher James Rose
Hey guys,

So I'm Christopher Rose and I manage Armando Lucero. I am also on this DVD set as a teaching aide and student of Armando's work. Since there was a lot of secrecy surrounding this project and the year that went into its development, I wanted to clarify a few things and address what was said in the previous comment.

First of all, 100% of this material is original. Armando created almost all of it for the purpose of this project. Some of the plots of the effects have been around for years but not these methods and techniques. Armando wanted to made sure the was something for everyone.. including his private students.

I should also say that there are, in fact, table switches and there is a version of the Empanada plot... among other things, but I won't spoil the surprises.

I've worked with Armando for years and I can tell you this set has a lot to offer anyone. I was learning the entire time we were filming, and everyone on the crew of SansMinds were blown away at the thinking behind this stuff as well as the performances.

The most important thing is that he imparts much of his philosophy, method of learning, method of creativity and development and also magical theory. Not to mention it's the only time he is every going to do something like this.

I really wish that I could say more, but I have to wait until March 1st. Regardless, I highly recommend that everyone pick up a copy.

So, of you're expecting anything you've seen before you are going to be shocked. This is some very different and brilliant stuff. And the entirety of the project hasn't even been announced yet.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1881 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Well this is directly from Armando

"Because I care deeply about this I wanted to let you know that none of the workshop material concerning Shovel Scoop, Flip Slip, Coin Menagerie, or Empanada will be shared except for those things already publicly known. "

J-M
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Yup, that is still true.

This is different stuff. Stuff that will only be found on the dvds. And what he means by publicly known is a little more niche than you might expect.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
So season pass will get us everything related to this project? What are the bundled packages and perks all about? I really do not want any surprises after purchasing the season pass only to discover there are certain things I still need to pay.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
One of the greatest practitioners of the art I have ever had the privilege to witness...but, such a very poor choice of companies to release through and I do not say that lightly.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Well, having been there during the process and making decisions about it with Armando I can say that SansMinds was absolutely the right choice.

We saw that they are a company that's really dedicated to magic as an art and they all want to further that art to help humanity.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I would also like to know about the Season Pass, once you pay the full amount of $150, there is nothing else to pay?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

So the season pass is all 3 of the dvds as digital content. There will be bundles and other offers on March 1st for people that want more bonus content.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
MindControlArtist, sadly nothing could be further from the truth. This is truly the worst decision that Armando could have ever made and whilst I still wish him the very best of success with it. I would rather give any idea I have ever had away for free than pay a penny to contribute to that company even if Armando's name is involved. I will not derail the tread any further, except to say that irrespective of my thoughts, anyone who has the opportunity to see anything of Armando's is in for a genuine treat, he is one of the best around (no offence intended to his or his team). Sansminds however are a complete joke and have no respect for the art.

Bowing out of this thread as I have already expressed my sentiments.
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Well, you certainly have the right to think as you wish. But I believe Armando is fully capable of making the right decision when it comes to his work, and obviously his actions speak louder than these posts.

As a side note, I supported his decision wholeheartedly when we started the work. The guys at SansMinds are really brilliant people who care deeply about magic, production, and mystery. They are also unique. We were both blown away, and it's unfortunate that so few are recognizing that SansMinds has changed direction, grown, and is truly working for the greater benefit of magicians everywhere.

Hopefully, Armando and my effort will demonstrate that.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, MindControlArtist wrote:
So the season pass is all 3 of the dvds as digital content. There will be bundles and other offers on March 1st for people that want more bonus content.

Is the $150 Season Pass for pre-orders only, or is the price still valid on/after March 1 when the actual information necessary to make an informed purchasing decision becomes available?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, MindControlArtist wrote:

Is the $150 Season Pass for pre-orders only, or is the price still valid on/after March 1 when the actual information necessary to make an informed purchasing decision becomes available?

From the ad: "Available Now: Season Pass (Available until March 15th Only)"
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Now I feel like empanadas...
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, PhilDean wrote:
Now I feel like empanadas...

Which means?
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inform you that we uploaded a short FAQ with Armando on our Instagram page.

www.instagram.com/SansMinds

The footage was taken directly from the DVDs. Hopefully you all enjoy it.
LoïcJ.
View Profile
New user
France
83 Posts

Profile of LoïcJ.
FAQ was very informative in a very short time! thanks for sharing that.
The Question about Youtube was interesting, and I'm wondering why Armando had decided to share part of his work in videos? Not afraid about illegal piracy? I hope Sansmind has worked on something to protect Armando's sharing.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
852 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Well, they payed him tons of money. When there's money on the table there's no much more to think about.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Christopher James Rose
View Profile
34 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, LoïcJ. wrote:
FAQ was very informative in a very short time! thanks for sharing that.
The Question about Youtube was interesting, and I'm wondering why Armando had decided to share part of his work in videos? Not afraid about illegal piracy? I hope Sansmind has worked on something to protect Armando's sharing.

This is a great question. Every day, we are fighting illegal piracy and have strategies in place to protect all of our artists including Armando.

The work on the Paper Cuts DVD is different from the work he shares in his private workshops. Though, his philosophy is consistent with everything he teaches. On March 1st, we will release the full detailed trailer (almost 5 min long) which will explain the Paper Cuts DVD series more clearly.